ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1854 of 2693
« First < 854135417541804184418501851185218531854 18551856185718581864190419542354 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:04 PM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I've seen a lot of debate around internet circles about how many QB's in the NFL hit that throw. I've seen Niners and Patriots fans (LOL) say only 5 QB's nail that, but other places that say over half of QB's hit it with ease.

We know Mahomes drills that pass, as the throw to Watkins on the previous drive was every bit at that difficulty (especially since it was outside the hashes).
Well, we've even seen Mahomes miss on 1 or 2 of those over the past couple of years, so nothing is guaranteed. But I would think that the top 25 percent of quarterbacks will make that pass catchable a majority of the time. I don't remember what the pressure was like, but I think he had time, right? Heck, I'd even say a top-12 quarterback makes that pass catchable over half the time.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:09 PM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Well, we've even seen Mahomes miss on 1 or 2 of those over the past couple of years, so nothing is guaranteed. But I would think that the top 25 percent of quarterbacks will make that pass catchable a majority of the time. I don't remember what the pressure was like, but I think he had time, right? Heck, I'd even say a top-12 quarterback makes that pass catchable over half the time.

Yeah, that breakdown sounds fair. Regarding Pat, I think there's a chance first half Mahomes misses that throw, but I don't think there is a chance that 4th quarter playoff Mahomes does anything but drill his receiver in stride. Even in his lone playoff loss, he obliterated the Patriots D like a tidal wave in last year's AFC Championship game.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:26 PM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Yeah, that breakdown sounds fair. Regarding Pat, I think there's a chance first half Mahomes misses that throw, but I don't think there is a chance that 4th quarter playoff Mahomes does anything but drill his receiver in stride. Even in his lone playoff loss, he obliterated the Patriots D like a tidal wave in last year's AFC Championship game.

Well, yeah. His clutch gene would have kicked in.

It would be really cool to have that clutch gene.
[Reply]
Graystoke 02:29 PM 06-18-2020

I have the clutch gene. To bad it only applies to saving "Almost spilled drinks"
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:04 PM 06-18-2020
I don't care too much for PFF but this article agrees with my worldview so I figure it's worth a share.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking...-aaron-rodgers

It basically just highlights that Pat is a fucking dog.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:58 PM 06-18-2020
Bucs should have signed Dalton instead of Brady.

Don't sit out, Dak.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:20 PM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Man that looks like a fantastic burger. :-)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:47 AM 06-19-2020

It has to be such a helpless feeling as an opposing fan once Patrick turns on that clutch gene. Have you ever seen No Country for Old Men? About halfway through you start feeling this sense of dread as Javier Bardem’s antagonist starts obliterating the protagonists with the precision of a machine. All of the tropes that typically work for the heroes in a western backfire spectacularly, and it doesn’t matter what the heroes try (taking Bardem’s character on, hiring a bounty hunter, talking to law enforcement), gets dismantled by an antagonist who reminds them that “their fate is inescapable.”

Earlier in the playoffs, the Niners game against the Vikings was actually much more competitive through three quarters than the final score would lead one to believe. What flipped the 49ers-Vikings game is that when the Vikings threatened to tie or take the lead, the 49ers excellent defensive line would come up with a sack to flip the momentum and stop the Vikings in their tracks. The 49ers defense was great at this. They would never be beat with big plays, and as teams were driving, they’d get a sack or force a link to turn the tides. We saw it against the Chiefs in the 3rd quarter.

It was like everyone watching the game felt the tides turn. I’d argue that where everyone felt it wasn’t WASP or the pass to Sammy, but when Bosa beat Fish and had Mahomes wrapped for a sure sack with under 4 minutes left in the game. It was 2nd and 5, and a sack completely shifts momentum in the other direction. When Mahomes effortlessly evaded the sack and found Kelce, it was like you could feel it in the air. I remember seeing how baffled Bosa and the 49ers sideline looked after that play. Even Troy Aikman remarked at that point that the momentum had completely turned - and sure enough, Mahomes was two plays away from hitting Watkins on a rainbow before taking the the lead for good. It doesn’t matter how many pressures, hits, or bad passes Mahomes has thrown in a game - because eventually his clutch gene will activate and all opposing fans can do is mournfully reflect on what could have been like Tommy Lee Jones’ retiring sheriff in No Country for Old Men, because when Mahomes turns it on, his wrath is inescapable.
[Reply]
Hayneplane 02:17 PM 06-19-2020
Not sure I get why people feel like it’s such a dick move to try to make a big play late in the game even with the result certain. It’s actually respecting the fans to give entertainment all the way as opposed to the QB kneel and slinging it out of bounds.

Mahoney will likely throw 20+ touchdown passes in the Super Bowl over his career but there may not be many better chances for Demarcus Robinson to score in the big game.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:40 PM 06-19-2020
Originally Posted by Hayneplane:
Not sure I get why people feel like it’s such a dick move to try to make a big play late in the game even with the result certain. It’s actually respecting the fans to give entertainment all the way as opposed to the QB kneel and slinging it out of bounds.

Mahoney will likely throw 20+ touchdown passes in the Super Bowl over his career but there may not be many better chances for Demarcus Robinson to score in the big game.
I also kind of feel like the Super Bowl is when you let it all loose. If you can defeat a team by 50, you do it. This is when you prove to the world, and to the history books, how good your team really is. You do that because, in the long run, you're not going to be compared to the other teams of 2019 going forward, you're going to be compared against the other Super Bowl winners that you'll never play.

You want history to see the game like this:

[Reply]
Sorce 03:49 PM 06-20-2020

Chiefs’ Mahomes asked Whataburger to come to KC metro. Now that wish is in the works https://t.co/kYEdvg9CJh #kc pic.twitter.com/kbxKhjONGP

— Joyce Smith (@JoyceKC) June 20, 2020

Note the link goes to the bad place that tried to ruin our SB season.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
srvy 07:32 PM 06-20-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:

Note the link goes to the bad place that tried to ruin our SB season.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I can say they are looking in Lee Summit at Douglas and St Lukes Blvd. Also several other locations are being looked at but Lee Summit is looking pretty solid as happening. Pat gets things done dude is gonna own this area.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:16 AM 06-21-2020
Mahomes MVP season marathon on NFLN tomorrow.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:25 AM 06-21-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Mahomes MVP season marathon on NFLN tomorrow.

Fuck Dish! Cocksuckers!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:52 PM 06-21-2020
I also kind of feel like the Super Bowl is when you let it all loose. If you can defeat a team by 50, you do it. This is when you prove to the world, and to the history books, how good your team really is. You do that because, in the long run, you're not going to be compared to the other teams of 2019 going forward, you're going to be compared against the other Super Bowl winners that you'll never play.

You want history to see the game like this:

I certainly wouldn't have been mad had Robinson caught the pass and scored.
[Reply]
Page 1854 of 2693
« First < 854135417541804184418501851185218531854 18551856185718581864190419542354 > Last »
Up