ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 379
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108158 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 07:03 PM 01-19-2020
Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
[Reply]
wachashi 07:52 AM 01-21-2020
I think we match up far better with the 49er defense than the Patriot defense. The 49ers don't have an elite secondary, and they prefer to play zone coverage, which is where Mahomes can really shine. The Patriots matched up really well with us on the defensive side of the ball, and we still put together some really good looking drives against them. Reid will find ways to neutralize the 49er pass rush for a few explosive plays, and that might be all it takes to get the 49ers passing more than they're comfortable with. I hope.
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:53 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Hern:
You’re not?? I thought everyone from KC i looks like Andy Reid.
And everyone from San Fran. Which one are you?

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:55 AM 01-21-2020
Jesus fucking Christ, it's the same god-damned front-running unknowledgeable douchebags clogging up the forum every week with this tired ass hot take bullshit. The only thing that changed is the teams they support.
[Reply]
Walt White 07:57 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I would be more worried about our defense if the 49ers had an upper tier QB to compliment their running game.

This reminds me of playing the Titans or Vikings again. The 49ers have a better defense than both, but they have similar level QBs and running games. The Chiefs have shown they can shut down the run when that’s the focus. We bottled up Cook and Henry when no one thought we could. We forced Tannehill and Cousins to beat us, and neither one could do it.

I fully expect Spags to have a gameplan ready for this one.
They have a more capable QB, but I agree. We need to try to slow down the run game and make Garrapolo make plays. I think it will be harder to slow down the run game though. Henry was good practice. But 49ers have better play calling and shifty backs are a tougher matchup for us I think.

In the Super Bowl, you need big plays. Hoping our linebackers can step up. And with their pass rush, we will need Damien Williams or whatever running back is in, to step up and be a big receiving threat. I wish we had Hunt still but it is what it is.
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:57 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by wachashi:
I think we match up far better with the 49er defense than the Patriot defense. The 49ers don't have an elite secondary, and they prefer to play zone coverage, which is where Mahomes can really shine. The Patriots matched up really well with us on the defensive side of the ball, and we still put together some really good looking drives against them. Reid will find ways to neutralize the 49er pass rush for a few explosive plays, and that might be all it takes to get the 49ers passing more than they're comfortable with. I hope.
49ers had similar yards per pass attempt allowed as the Pats, but about half the number of interceptions. If our offensive line plays okay, the 49ers secondary is not good enough to slow us down.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:59 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by ClarkForTheWin:
And won the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP.

Your point?
The NFC sucks?? :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:05 AM 01-21-2020
Yeah.

it's irritating. You can just plug in the different team name, but all the arguments are the same.

We can't stop the run, we've never seen anything like this, insert name of QB here has been SO efficient, Our defense is going confuse and batter Mahomes, we're just SO physical, Chiefs are just a finesse team, blah, blah, blah.

And then we smoke 'em by double digits.

Rinse and repeat.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:11 AM 01-21-2020
Just saw a stat where we limited Henry to a season low 1.4 yards after contact.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:12 AM 01-21-2020
Was watching Frank Clark vs. SF, week 15 of 2018.

Clark was a beast. McGlinchey couldn’t handle him very well. Look for Clark to be lined up over him plenty, with hopefully similar results.
[Reply]
wachashi 08:12 AM 01-21-2020
The best player on the Chiefs just so happens to be at the most important position. The best player on the 49ers plays defensive end. That's why Vegas likes the Chiefs in this one. If it comes down to quarterback play, which is typically what happens in the NFL, is there any doubt who wins this game?
[Reply]
Hern 08:21 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yeah.

it's irritating. You can just plug in the different team name, but all the arguments are the same.

We can't stop the run, we've never seen anything like this, insert name of QB here has been SO efficient, Our defense is going confuse and batter Mahomes, we're just SO physical, Chiefs are just a finesse team, blah, blah, blah.

Rinse and repeat.
I guess in 2 weeks we’ll see if this is the same situation.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:24 AM 01-21-2020
Also, Chris Jones is going to abuse Laken Tomlinson, Mike Person, whoever is in there on the interior. Especially if we can get in some sure passing down & distance.

I’m very confident in Brendan Daly getting all of these front guys ready to play and I think it could be huge in determining the outcome.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:28 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yeah.

Rinse and repeat.
Of course the Niners are legitimately a damn good team. They score 30 points per game and they have a pretty good defense to go with it. This game won’t be easy for either team. I am hoping KC can get off to a better start than we saw the last 2 games. Hopefully no special teams mistakes!
[Reply]
Hern 08:30 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Also, Chris Jones is going to abuse Laken Tomlinson, Mike Person, whoever is in there on the interior. Especially if we can get in some sure passing down & distance.

I’m very confident in Brendan Daly getting all of these front guys ready to play and I think it could be huge in determining the outcome.

Good luck to your line holding back

Arik Armstead
Deforest Buckner
Nick Bosa
Dee Ford
Salomon Thomas
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:32 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Hern:
I guess in 2 weeks we’ll see if this is the same situation.
Yeah, you won't be here.

Just like all the Titans trolls.

And all the Texans trolls.

And the Patriots trolls.

And the Ravens trolls.

And so on, and so on, and so on.

You guys all come in with literally the same stuff every week.

I could just write you a script and you can fill in your team name, and your RB's name, and your game managing QB name, and your coaches' name.

It's literally the exact same thing everyone says.

And then we beat them by double digits and they go away, never to be heard from again; only to be replaced by a fresh batch of trolls spouting the exact same stuff.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 379
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108158 > Last »
Up