ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 37 of 114
« First < 273334353637 383940414787 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:51 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
What? 1 of 3 privately funded... Kroenke the richest owner in the NFL and LA is the #2 market... :-)
don't say things that are untrue if you don't want pushback.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:51 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
They never put tax issues on a November ballot in a presidential election year. There is a reason most of them are in April or August, low turnout is what you really want.
Yep I am aware but I think in this case high turnout helps not hurts them. Need the more casual voter who also doesn’t want the teams to leave.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:51 PM 04-02-2024
Not from the area and haven’t spent much time on this, but aren’t they locked in until 2030? Can’t they just get better proposals together by then? The arrowhead updates were the CEH of updates. And down town stadiums suck the peen. Maybe fixing a few things here tips the scales.
[Reply]
Arch Stanton 08:51 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Plenty of other counties, and Kansas willing to have a 3/8 cent sales tax...
Let em. Arrowhead parkin lot's fulla plates from everwhere.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:52 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yep I am aware but I think in this case high turnout helps not hurts them. Need the more casual voter who also doesn’t want the teams to leave.
Your thinking is flawed.
[Reply]
Papi 08:53 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Yeah just no.

KC needs these teams a lot more than these teams need KC.

That sounded nice though reading it, I will say.
We need teams, but we don't need any specific teams. I'd support who wants to be here. The Chiefs (hopefully just Donovan's) threat to leave pisses me off. Like Jackson county hasn't given years of support when they sucked as well as when they won. If Royals or Chiefs were to entirely leave the metro new franchises would come in and get local support. Just my opinion, I'm sure some will think it's sacrilege lol.
[Reply]
Womble 08:53 PM 04-02-2024
Well, you lot do have a history of rejecting the Royals.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:53 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
don't say things that are untrue if you don't want pushback.
pushback. I believe there are 3 privately funded stadiums. Kroenke is the richest NFL owner, or was at the time of construction. LA is the second biggest market. All true. All reasons that make a privately funded stadium feasible for SOFI. Do you think Clark has the capital or means to build his own stadium?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:54 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Papi:
We need teams, but we don't need any specific teams. I'd support who wants to be here. The Chiefs (hopefully just Donovan's) threat to leave pisses me off. Like Jackson county hasn't given years of support when they sucked as well as when they won. If Royals or Chiefs were to entirely leave the metro new franchises would come in and get local support. Just my opinion, I'm sure some will think it's sacrilege lol.
it's idiotic... Do you think some St. Louis fans didn't think the same when the Rams left?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:55 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
So does this mean we’re the St. Louis Chiefs? Or more like the Gladstone or Parkville Chiefs?
https://www.nfl.com/news/790m-settle...ouis-departure

St Louis has bitched about it in the past
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:55 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
They could focus on turning the East Village into something instead of trying to shoehorn themselves into an already thriving district.

And just build an awesome stadium and abandon the dipshit entertainment district idea
That is what they were doing in the Crossroads. Build an awesome stadium and let the Crossroads and PNL be the entertainment districts.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:55 PM 04-02-2024
Don’t need A/C in Olathe
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:55 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Papi:
No league is expanding to KC if the Chiefs and Royals relocate.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:56 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Not from the area and haven’t spent much time on this, but aren’t they locked in until 2030? Can’t they just get better proposals together by then? The arrowhead updates were the CEH of updates. And down town stadiums suck the peen. Maybe fixing a few things here tips the scales.
They’re gonna be forced to come up with a real plan and proposal this time around. Whether it’s another county or city this shitshow they put out isn’t gonna pass the sniff test anywhere else.

Maybe actually try to win the voters over next time. They give a D- effort and saw what happened

Look at the pole up top. People that aren’t from KC will apparently say yes to anything! Let’s see if that works for the royals
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:56 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Arch Stanton:
Let em. Arrowhead parkin lot's fulla plates from everwhere.
correct, that's why I responded to your original post like I did. They don't have to rely on alternatives, plenty of options will be available for public funding.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 114
« First < 273334353637 383940414787 > Last »
Up