ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 756 of 1207
« First < 256656706746752753754755756 757758759760766806856 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:54 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Are you a carb counting bodyfat % schizo?
No, I am not and neither am I. :-):-)

I limit grains but stay clear of over processed anything. Grains is what we feed cattle to make them(Fat) weigh more, we don't feed them lettuce wraps, protein smoothies, and give them treadmills, do we?

I try to stick to a Paleo diet mostly unprocessed veggies and berries. No steam in the bag, bad oil coated, veggies for me.

I do love me a really thin crust pizza and far more often a tortilla vs, lettuce or cabbage for roll ups. When I eat bread, it's seed breads. Sorry but I've never seen a "real" Dr tel me that processed grain is doing my body any favors other than fibre, which just turns to shit. So I buy these.

I do buy heritage corn and make my own tortillas for special occasions as my kids love them, but overall the nutritional value of a regular tortilla is the same as cardboard, with less calories and more fiber in the cardboard.

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 18Calories 101

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 2.01g 3%
Saturated Fat 0.445g 2%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.571g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.871g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 129mg 5%
Potassium 65mg
Total Carbohydrate 18.24g
Dietary Fiber 1.8g
Sugars 0.53g
Protein 2.66g

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 4% Iron 5%

Cardboard
Nutrition Facts

Servings:

Calories 5 Sodium 0 mg
Total Fat 0 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 0 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 25 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
Trans 0 g Protein 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%
Vitamin C 0% Iron 0%

[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:58 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by threebag02:
I haven't had a soda for over two weeks. Been drinking tea, milk, water, coffee black, and beer

I could kill a cube of soda
Only if mixed with booze but 2 years here since I had a straight soda, gay sodas, not so long..:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:02 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by In58men:
Thanks fam, I bring unto myself sometimes lol.

It turned out really good, it was my first one. Obviously very simple to do, just wanted to give it shot.
Brisket: It's not rocket science, its a reason to drink...:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:07 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
grilled chicken thighs with plowboys yardbird rub
smoked asparagus with salt, pepper, garlic
oven roasted purple potatoes with the same salt, pepper, garlic
Smoked asparagus with salt, pepper, garlic?

Why not smoke the taters?

[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:14 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
That’s pretty cool. I don’t really know the difference but the Amish come to my wife’s work about 3x a year and get mobbed on they’re foods are so popular.
I have a friend in NW, MO and his wife has Amish roots. Dinner at his house is always a "loosen the belt" experience. Mexican women don't cook anymore, such a shame.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 11:05 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Smoked asparagus with salt, pepper, garlic?

Why not smoke the taters?
Of course smoked asparagus. You have never had smoked asparagus? You should try it. It really is the best way to have it.

Smoked purple potatoes? Oh no. To velvety of a potato. Might as well just use a russett if you want to try that. I did add some dill to the potatoes before putting them in the oven. Will that do instead?
[Reply]
TimBone 11:05 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
That’s pretty cool. I don’t really know the difference but the Amish come to my wife’s work about 3x a year and get mobbed on they’re foods are so popular.
I don't know a lot about the difference between Amish and Mennonite. I know there's even some differences between separate Amish communities. I've always looked at the Mennonite people as Amish Lite. They seem to live the that Amish way to a degree, but they also drive cars, shop at the Wal-Mart, and own businesses throughout town. I'm sure Cooper Barrett will school us on the difference here shortly.

Either way, they sell a shit ton of food out of that thrift store that I bought from today. And local milk as well. I stopped in today, got some lasagna, homemade cookies and chocolate milk, and a bunch of Berenstain Bears books for my 6 year old. The Mennonite lady in there was also putting prices on a bunch of Redbox movies somebody brought her to sell. Fucking $2 a piece. I should have rummaged through them before I left to check for video games. That's a hell of a deal.
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Random Amish trivia time, spent 3 years going into their homes and shops delivering cabinetry building materials... and these are my observations

1) I met exactly ONE hot Amish girl, she would sign the bill of lading after I unloaded, at least for a maybe a year... but after the workmen noticed things getting too friendly, they took her off that duty :-)

2) Almost every woman was a great big Bertha with ankles as big around as a grapefruit... hot ones are SUPER RARE

2) Their homes smell like a mix of body odor and pickling spices
You know anything about the difference between the color of bonnets they wear? I'm sure I'm totally wrong, but I've always assumed white meant single and black meant married. I'm scared to ask them though. Don't want to offend any of them.

There is one of them here that wears a white bonnett and cleans fish at the catfish pond her family owns here. She seems to enjoy attention from the non-Mennonite people, too. Maybe I'll chat her up next time I take my son out there, see if I can get some answers.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:34 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Of course smoked asparagus. You have never had smoked asparagus? You should try it. It really is the best way to have it.

Smoked purple potatoes? Oh no. To velvety of a potato. Might as well just use a russett if you want to try that. I did add some dill to the potatoes before putting them in the oven. Will that do instead?
I've been schooled..

Yes I have smoked Asparagus Awesome, too Velvetie? (how the fuck do you spell that) to be foil smoked? Not going with that, But I don't eat Taters much.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:56 AM 03-18-2018
Working on a breakfast hash this morning. Sausage, onions and peppers, potatoes, mushrooms, cheese. Egg on top.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:25 AM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
I have a friend in NW, MO and his wife has Amish roots. Dinner at his house is always a "loosen the belt" experience. Mexican women don't cook anymore, such a shame.
Never had Amish roots. Do you grill them ?
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:33 AM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by TimBone:
I don't know a lot about the difference between Amish and Mennonite. I know there's even some differences between separate Amish communities. I've always looked at the Mennonite people as Amish Lite. They seem to live the that Amish way to a degree, but they also drive cars, shop at the Wal-Mart, and own businesses throughout town. I'm sure Cooper Barrett will school us on the difference here shortly.

Either way, they sell a shit ton of food out of that thrift store that I bought from today. And local milk as well. I stopped in today, got some lasagna, homemade cookies and chocolate milk, and a bunch of Berenstain Bears books for my 6 year old. The Mennonite lady in there was also putting prices on a bunch of Redbox movies somebody brought her to sell. ****ing $2 a piece. I should have rummaged through them before I left to check for video games. That's a hell of a deal.

You know anything about the difference between the color of bonnets they wear? I'm sure I'm totally wrong, but I've always assumed white meant single and black meant married. I'm scared to ask them though. Don't want to offend any of them.

There is one of them here that wears a white bonnett and cleans fish at the catfish pond her family owns here. She seems to enjoy attention from the non-Mennonite people, too. Maybe I'll chat her up next time I take my son out there, see if I can get some answers.
Honestly have no idea about the bonnets, but do know that Mennonites are much less strict than the Amish... they can drive automobiles, have telephones etc

I sold a couple minivans to Mennonites when I was in the car business, never in my life have I seen someone go over their potential buy with a fine tooth comb quite like those people... I'm talking about every. single. inch. of that mfer inside and out
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:42 AM 03-18-2018

[Reply]
SAUTO 10:50 AM 03-18-2018
I deal with many I the Amish and Amish lite communities. Weird cats
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:45 PM 03-18-2018
The local grocery keeps a big smoker on the side of the building to do ribs with that they keep in a hot case up near the checkouts... but today they tried something different and I went IN

Hickory smoked pork loin... gonna tear that up later tonight while watching Walking Dead, with a baked potato and salad

Last nights Hamburger Helper was just as cheap and flavorful as it always is, the extra sour cream, parsley and mushrooms did the trick... have enough leftovers to make two fine lunches with
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:26 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I was going to tell you that egg has a hair in it but I realized it was on my screen so I got rid of it. You're welcome anyways.
[Reply]
Page 756 of 1207
« First < 256656706746752753754755756 757758759760766806856 > Last »
Up