ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 753 of 1207
« First < 253653703743749750751752753 754755756757763803853 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:22 AM 03-16-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
It's worth it for us. While it's only 20 minutes away, it's right next to the hockey rink, so we're there a couple of times a week anyway. Not taking Amex anymore sucks, but hey, if you're price-aware, the annual fee is of no consequence. Even their snack bar is worth hopping into before or after hockey practice! And if you make as many fruit/veggie smoothies as I do (every day!!), their frozen fruit and veggies are AWESOME!
Ours is about 30 minutes away. We just make a trip every few weeks and stock up.

A few months ago we took stock of what we usually buy and got local prices and Amazon Pantry prices and did a per/unit comparison. I every case Costco saved money and over the course of a year exponentially paid off more than cost of membership.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:40 AM 03-16-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Ours is about 30 minutes away. We just make a trip every few weeks and stock up.

A few months ago we took stock of what we usually buy and got local prices and Amazon Pantry prices and did a per/unit comparison. I every case Costco saved money and over the course of a year exponentially paid off more than cost of membership.
Agree. I've had to tell the wife that you have to change your habits a little for perishable items because of the proportions sold, and that those $300 trips suck (ESPECIALLY BECAUSE THEY QUIT TAKING AMEX!!! ASSHOLES!!!), but at the end of the day that $300 would have been $350+ around town.

And their liquor prices can't be beat, and their Kirkland brand rum and vodka is more than adequate for not-special-occasion drinking. I know their vodka is bottled at the Grey Goose facility, and it tastes like Grey Goose, so it's Grey Goose!!! LOL!

Last, MAKE A LIST... It's the best way to keep a $300 trip at $300 instead of $tree-fiddy!!!

EDIT: Now, off to make my smoothy!!!
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:43 AM 03-16-2018
Agree. I've had to tell the wife that you have to change your habits a little for perishable items because of the proportions sold, and that those $300 trips suck (ESPECIALLY BECAUSE THEY QUIT TAKING AMEX!!! ASSHOLES!!!), but at the end of the day that $300 would have been $350+ around town.

And their liquor prices can't be beat, and their Kirkland brand rum and vodka is more than adequate for not-special-occasion drinking. I know their vodka is bottled at the Grey Goose facility, and it tastes like Grey Goose, so it's Grey Goose!!! LOL!

Last, MAKE A LIST... It's the best way to keep a $300 trip at $300 instead of $tree-fiddy!!!

EDIT: Now, off to make my smoothy!!!
The only perishable stuff we buy there is meat, and not usually a ton at one time. Though with my deep freeze, I may start buying whole beef strip or whole ribeyes and cutting myself.

We usually stay away from the fresh fruits and veggies - it's just me and the wife, so we couldn't eat it all before it goes bad.

But canned goods, pantry items, toilet paper, paper towels, detergent, soap, deodorant...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:56 AM 03-16-2018
The only perishable stuff we buy there is meat, and not usually a ton at one time. Though with my deep freeze, I may start buying whole beef strip or whole ribeyes and cutting myself.

We usually stay away from the fresh fruits and veggies - it's just me and the wife, so we couldn't eat it all before it goes bad.

But canned goods, pantry items, toilet paper, paper towels, detergent, soap, deodorant...
Ah, my smoothies start with their frozen fruits and veggies. Thanks to your tip on the Vitamix a couple of years back, which worked PERFECTLY when the son had the surgery to put some of the bone from his hip into his cleft (!!!!!), smoothies have become a daily staple for me. There are times I'm smoothie'd out, but Costco's prices makes them something you can do every day.

Add to it that I've taken to Lew's veggie deal, most evening include a rather large portion of grilled or broiled veggies.

Yeah, we're veggie nuts in this house...
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:07 AM 03-16-2018
But Amazon's selection is much better and who keeps track of less than a C-note these days, especially over a year?

I used to have both a major Sam's and a Costco within 1/4 mile of each other, I likes the tortilla's at Sams and the sun dried tomatoes at Costco. so I had to buy both.

If you have a family or a business and can earn your membership back, then great. I don't need stuff from either for business and won't pay $50 bucks for the opportunity to buy from Sam's. If I want booze, they have to sell it to me w/ no mark up, state law. If I see something I can't live without I have friends but I've only did that once on a clearance item..

I just don't see driving for 2 hrs to Costco being beneficial when I subtract the cost and time involved. If I needed new tires? :-)

The one thing I would like is meat but my "pig" butcher is treating me great and my Mexican grocer say's he will special order me anything even restaurant grade meats. When I compared apples to apples, I am getting a good value even though I pay a little extra. Until those two connections are are worth the 3-3 1/2 and hours to go to Costco, I'll just whine a little. and remember that it costs me almost $50 in mileage to save 20 on food.

It's worth it for us. While it's only 20 minutes away, it's right next to the hockey rink, so we're there a couple of times a week anyway. Not taking Amex anymore sucks, but hey, if you're price-aware, the annual fee is of no consequence. Even their snack bar is worth hopping into before or after hockey practice! And if you make as many fruit/veggie smoothies as I do (every day!!), their frozen fruit and veggies are AWESOME!

I don't know if I can buy a membership and split it with my kids but only one of them are near a Costco...
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:11 AM 03-16-2018
Ah, my smoothies start with their frozen fruits and veggies. Thanks to your tip on the Vitamix a couple of years back, which worked PERFECTLY when the son had the surgery to put some of the bone from his hip into his cleft (!!!!!), smoothies have become a daily staple for me. There are times I'm smoothie'd out, but Costco's prices makes them something you can do every day.

Add to it that I've taken to Lew's veggie deal, most evening include a rather large portion of grilled or broiled veggies.

I need to do better on that in the evenings, I used to huge servings of veggies and salad and 6oz of protein, now it's reversed, being corrected thanks to the great deals at the Mexican grocery. Their produce is great and cheap.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:16 AM 03-16-2018

The Vitamix is such a wonderful tool and makes smoothies better than any. I remember the first time I had blackberries in the Vitamix smoothie and how it obliterated the seeds.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:23 AM 03-16-2018
Also, I just bought a 32 oz. container so I can leave mine out. The tall 64 won’t fit under my counter, so it doesn’t get as much use as I’d like. I’m going to get back into smoothies, too.

Any particular recipes you really enjoy?
[Reply]
srvy 10:26 AM 03-16-2018
So I woke early to cook a Irish breakfast. After 15 minutes of scrambling around looking for the can of corned beef and red and green pepper I made do with what I had. My rather bland breaks. I sprinked tapatio on it and peppered up and was pretty good. Oh wife said she ate the corned beef with rice for lunch yesterday. The peppers is anyone's guess maybe didn't get home with at market.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:54 PM 03-16-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
I need to do better on that in the evenings, I used to huge servings of veggies and salad and 6oz of protein, now it's reversed, being corrected thanks to the great deals at the Mexican grocery. Their produce is great and cheap.
Once Lew posted that pic of his veggies, it was on. I really missed them, and unless it a great cut of meat, I prefer broiled veggies to most proteins.

And I can get all the protein I need from the powder I use that I get from Costco or Amazon (whichever is cheaper that week)..
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:56 PM 03-16-2018
The Vitamix is such a wonderful tool and makes smoothies better than any. I remember the first time I had blackberries in the Vitamix smoothie and how it obliterated the seeds.
This..

But a kiwi's seeds??? Yeah, they survive..

And many thanks for the tip, as much as I use it everyday for myself, it was a lifesaver for the month+ the younger son was on the liquid/soft diet.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:58 PM 03-16-2018
Also, I just bought a 32 oz. container so I can leave mine out. The tall 64 won’t fit under my counter, so it doesn’t get as much use as I’d like. I’m going to get back into smoothies, too.

Any particular recipes you really enjoy?
Mine if the older, taller, version, and with the top off, it clears the cabinet by .01 inches! Like it was made for it..
[Reply]
Buzz 10:57 PM 03-16-2018
Drunk food.

Who says you can't cook an egg in cast iron.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:05 PM 03-16-2018
That pan looks well oiled as it should be.
[Reply]
Fish 11:09 PM 03-16-2018
Jesus tits, did you miss a spot with the jelly or what?
[Reply]
Page 753 of 1207
« First < 253653703743749750751752753 754755756757763803853 > Last »
Up