ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 744 of 1207
« First < 244644694734740741742743744 745746747748754794844 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
TimBone 07:40 PM 03-10-2018
I got busy the night I made that Chicken Parm, and missed a lots of y'alls comments. Thanks for the compliments on that one. I was pretty proud of it.

That being said, I don't have anything picked out to cook for the wife and kid on my weekend this week (either Wednesday or Friday).

Seeing as how I'm trying to make new things, I'm open to letting y'all pick anything reasonable for me to try and make this week. The only rule is that the ingredients have to be widely accessible. I love in a rather rural area where we really only have Wal-Mart and a couple other small grocery stores.

So, whaddya got?
[Reply]
threebag 07:47 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Man, I'm gonna have to try Inmen's gravy next time, too.
:-)
[Reply]
TimBone 07:48 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by threebag02:
It's hard to fuck up a good breakfast unless you're ihop
Agreed on both accounts. My mom and brother love IHOP, and I almost despise it at this point. I don't consider myself very worldly, but I do like to try new things to eat when something unique is available. My mom and brother, on the other hand, just want IHOP or Tex Mex. Drives me crazy.

I helped them drive to Arizona last year to pick up a horse trailer, and when we were looking to eat on the way out of Phoenix, I hopped on Yelp to look for something local. Both my brother and mother told me to just Google the closest IHOP. Fuck, man.
[Reply]
TimBone 07:48 PM 03-10-2018
:-)
You're just jealous.
[Reply]
threebag 07:50 PM 03-10-2018
My mom was that way about Applebee's, I can't stand Applebee's the only thing I like gives me massive shits.

[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:06 PM 03-10-2018
My mom was that way about Applebee's, I can't stand Applebee's the only thing I like gives me massive shits.

I simply refuse Applebee's. If I have to go to a chain for a burger. It is Chili's for me. Chili's at least will make a med-rare burger. Applebee's like most other chains cook the meat to superball texture. Red Robin won't cook a med-rare burger either. I mean WTF! You're are burger joint and you don't cook a burger med-rare?
[Reply]
threebag 08:23 PM 03-10-2018
Yeah Applebee's sucks. Only reason I ever went was because of mom. Other than that it's a hard pass
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:37 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
I simply refuse Applebee's. If I have to go to a chain for a burger. It is Chili's for me. Chili's at least will make a med-rare burger. Applebee's like most other chains cook the meat to superball texture. Red Robin won't cook a med-rare burger either. I mean WTF! You're are burger joint and you don't cook a burger med-rare?
Lawyers.

I know enough about botulism to know never to eat a burger out that's not cooked well past medium in any chain joint and especially a bar. I a surprised Chili's will.

A little bar near me has a Cordon Blue chef who runs the kitchen and cooks for their party/ banquet facility upstairs.

He prides himself in cutting/grinding his own beef and during the week, when it's slow, he grinds to order. I have had short rib and sirloin burgers and a couple of other combos depending on events upstairs. I am not going to say it's the best burger I have ever had, but for a $10 bar burger it blows every chain joint away. He took issue if you ordered it well done. Without preference it was just south of med. with some pink in the middle.
[Reply]
srvy 08:37 PM 03-10-2018
You know the beef burger is irradiated if they will leave it pink in the center.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:46 PM 03-10-2018
Yeah Applebee's sucks. Only reason I ever went was because of mom. Other than that it's a hard pass
Everything used to taste the same 15 years ago. Only reason I'll go there is for a pitcher of the old recipe "Perfect Margaritas" Preferably in a corporate owned store. Franchises didn't follow the original recipe. Then IHOP bought them....

I've never been in one except to drink since IHOP took over and don't plan to be.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:50 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
You know the beef burger is irradiated if they will leave it pink in the center.
Go into a meat packing plant and you will never eat ground beef not ground in the store....Koch Supply made that possible for me years ago, everyone should get to go...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:01 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
I've been to Red Robin NUMEROUS times and when they ask about doneness I tell them 'as rare as the lawyers will let you.' And I reliably get plenty of pink [in the burger, pervs].

Maybe it's in the delivery. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:07 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by TimBone:
I got busy the night I made that Chicken Parm, and missed a lots of y'alls comments. Thanks for the compliments on that one. I was pretty proud of it.

That being said, I don't have anything picked out to cook for the wife and kid on my weekend this week (either Wednesday or Friday).

Seeing as how I'm trying to make new things, I'm open to letting y'all pick anything reasonable for me to try and make this week. The only rule is that the ingredients have to be widely accessible. I love in a rather rural area where we really only have Wal-Mart and a couple other small grocery stores.

So, whaddya got?
This is THE week for pressure cooker corned beef dinner.

[Reply]
Nickhead 09:20 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
This is THE week for pressure cooker corned beef dinner.

how are you seasoning the corned beef?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:25 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
how are you seasoning the corned beef?
I get the seasoned from Vienna

all I add is Bay Leaf and a handful of peppercorns when I pressure cook.
[Reply]
Page 744 of 1207
« First < 244644694734740741742743744 745746747748754794844 > Last »
Up