ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 211 of 301
« First < 111161201207208209210211 212213214215221261 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:41 PM 08-11-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
So what can we get in return if we trade Soler?
Wade Davis
[Reply]
Why Not? 05:49 PM 08-11-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Wade Davis
LOL! Well done.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:50 PM 08-11-2019
Some of you are going to stroke out waiting on us to trade established stars. News flash..ain't happening.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:31 PM 08-11-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Some of you are going to stroke out waiting on us to trade established stars. News flash..ain't happening.
It's mostly the same idiots.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:33 PM 08-11-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Wade Davis
Which reminds me, Greg Holland is available if anyone wants to get the band back together.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 06:42 PM 08-11-2019
This offseason is going to be interesting with teams sniffing around...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:55 PM 08-11-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
So what can we get in return if we trade Soler?

You’re looking at moving two years of him. He’s really a DH. Franmil Reyes, who was part of the package for San Diego in the Bauer/Puig/Trammel deal, is probably the best comparison skills-wise recently.

San Diego got top 50 prospect Taylor Trammell back but also gave up too 100-ish LHP Logan Allen in the deal. Plus, Reyes has 5 more years of control.

I think you’d be lucky to get a single top 100 prospect back as a centerpiece, and that’s probably a stretch. You’re probably looking more like a Isbel-level guy.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:07 PM 08-11-2019
Mehh I can already tell Moore is married to his players no matter what. He's going to get himself fired after a third straight 100 loss season next year.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:35 PM 08-11-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Mehh I can already tell Moore is married to his players no matter what. He's going to get himself fired after a third straight 100 loss season next year.
Wanna bet on that? The him getting fired part.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:59 AM 08-12-2019
Basically Soler has 1 skill, if you buy into WAR, it says he's a pretty average player.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:43 AM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Basically Soler has 1 skill, if you buy into WAR, it says he's a pretty average player.

He’s a tough sell. You really have to find an AL team with ABs open at DH, in contention, going for it.

Maybe the Rangers match up (though I think Willie Calhoun is a DH long-term). Or the Blue Jays (don’t think they’re “going for it” in 2020). The Mariners make lots of moves but he seems like a tough fit there.

In the national league, he’d have to go to a team with a small park that doesn’t need a bunch of ground covered by him.

The Giants need OF help, but I’m not sure I want Soler playing RF there, and I’m not sure they have the secondary pieces you’d really want for him.

I don’t see 100 losses unless they tear it 100 percent down next year, but even if it happened Moore has this job in 2021.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:09 AM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He’s a tough sell. You really have to find an AL team with ABs open at DH, in contention, going for it.

Maybe the Rangers match up (though I think Willie Calhoun is a DH long-term). Or the Blue Jays (don’t think they’re “going for it” in 2020). The Mariners make lots of moves but he seems like a tough fit there.

In the national league, he’d have to go to a team with a small park that doesn’t need a bunch of ground covered by him.

The Giants need OF help, but I’m not sure I want Soler playing RF there, and I’m not sure they have the secondary pieces you’d really want for him.

I don’t see 100 losses unless they tear it 100 percent down next year, but even if it happened Moore has this job in 2021.
I saw a lot of people on here predicting around 70 wins this year. Unless Moore is allowed to open the checkbook I don't see how next year's team is that much better. Guys like Merrifield, Soler, Mondesi, and Dozier would all have to have career years above and beyond what they've already shown AND would all need to stay healthy. Someone in the group of Cuthbert, Phillips, Starling, Lopez, or some wildcard in AAA like Heath would need to become an above average contributor. Several of our young bullpen pieces would need to solidify their roles. I'm not sure where the starting pitching will come from. Moore getting the go ahead to throw around money is also a concern considering his track record in free agency.

We're also probably no better than third best in the division next year behind Minnesota and Cleveland, and there always is the possibility that Chicago's young talent finally puts it together and passes us. I just don't see how this team is significantly better next year. I don't think any GM in baseball should be able to survive three straight 100 loss seasons.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:25 AM 08-12-2019
. I don't think any GM in baseball should be able to survive three straight 100 loss seasons.
I agree. I think he needs to be gone if they have 3 straight seasons of garbage.

The equivalent in the NFL to 100 losses is probably like a 1-3 win season and GMs usually only make it no more than two seasons of that.

I don’t know the precedent in MLB though. I remember Moore got hired after 3 straight 100 loss seasons didn’t he?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:38 AM 08-12-2019
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...994-mlb-strike

Fantastic article.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:39 PM 08-12-2019
I saw a lot of people on here predicting around 70 wins this year. Unless Moore is allowed to open the checkbook I don't see how next year's team is that much better. Guys like Merrifield, Soler, Mondesi, and Dozier would all have to have career years above and beyond what they've already shown AND would all need to stay healthy. Someone in the group of Cuthbert, Phillips, Starling, Lopez, or some wildcard in AAA like Heath would need to become an above average contributor. Several of our young bullpen pieces would need to solidify their roles. I'm not sure where the starting pitching will come from. Moore getting the go ahead to throw around money is also a concern considering his track record in free agency.

We're also probably no better than third best in the division next year behind Minnesota and Cleveland, and there always is the possibility that Chicago's young talent finally puts it together and passes us. I just don't see how this team is significantly better next year. I don't think any GM in baseball should be able to survive three straight 100 loss seasons.

Their run differential (which I always take with a grain of salt) puts them on basically a 70-win pace. Once they lost Perez, that was out the window.

It’s challenging to lose 100 games. I also doubt a team will lose that many unless they’re purposely trying to be awful. Personally, I’d take 100 losses and a top 2-3 pick over 92 and #7 or 8. But I realize that’s me.

This year is the right kind of suck, too. They’re losing a bunch of games with promising performances from the guys you want to see improve (Mondesi, Dozier, Soler). I’m excited to see Phillips soon and see if his adjustments translate to the majors.

If the farm system continues to improve, and signs of hope continue to show up, I think Moore easily survives 2020.

I don’t really think they’re going to make a huge leap forward by any means next year, but I’d peg them at 95 losses absent any significant additions in free agency.
[Reply]
Page 211 of 301
« First < 111161201207208209210211 212213214215221261 > Last »
Up