ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 609 of 791
« First < 109509559599605606607608609 610611612613619659709 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
-King- 07:39 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Pussyfooting? We signed Mathieu and were about to sign Thomas. Did you want to pay Lev Bell what he wanted or give Cj Mosley 17M?
I anticipated this to be an all-in off season like the Rams had last season. So far, other than Mathieu, Im very disappointed. It's encouraging that Veach tried to get Earl too, but at the end of the day, a GM isn't judged on what they tried to do, they're judged on what they did and so far this has been a very underwhelming free agency especially when you account for all the money we freed up.
[Reply]
Dante84 07:44 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Pussyfooting? We signed Mathieu and were about to sign Thomas. Did you want to pay Lev Bell what he wanted or give Cj Mosley 17M?
One mid-level star signing does not a badass offseason make. Also, we don’t get credit for whiffing on a guy.

No, I didn’t want to sign either of those two. I would have liked to have been in on Cook. Also one of the slot WR’s would have been badass.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:53 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
One mid-level star signing does not a badass offseason make. Also, we don’t get credit for whiffing on a guy.

No, I didn’t want to sign either of those two. I would have liked to have been in on Cook. Also one of the slot WR’s would have been badass.
There's a lot of optimism on this board that changing the DC and the scheme will prove fruitful, even while losing two of our three best players on defense. I'm not ready to cast judgment yet because we still have cap dollars and we still haven't gotten past the draft, but it's no slam dunk this team is better next year on either side of the ball given how this offseason has progressed.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:54 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
I anticipated this to be an all-in off season like the Rams had last season. So far, other than Mathieu, Im very disappointed. It's encouraging that Veach tried to get Earl too, but at the end of the day, a GM isn't judged on what they tried to do, they're judged on what they did and so far this has been a very underwhelming free agency especially when you account for all the money we freed up.
Give it more time. Veach said he has picks and space to be aggressive.

I think a big move is coming.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:59 PM 03-21-2019
I anticipated this to be an all-in off season like the Rams had last season.
Then you anticipated incorrectly. They're not going to load this team with OBJ's and Suh's for a quick run because we're trying build a sustainable team, not a collection of mercenaries.

You guys can sit in the corner wringing your hands over the remainder of Mahomes rookie contract, but that's not what we're doing here. And, it was NEVER the plan.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:03 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Then you anticipated incorrectly. They're not going to load this team with OBJ's and Suh's for a quick run because we're trying build a sustainable team, not a collection of mercenaries.

You guys can sit in the corner wringing your hands over the remainder of Mahomes rookie contract, but that's not what we're doing here. And, it was NEVER the plan.
We were a snap away from the Super Bowl and have the best QB in the league playing for peanuts for one more year.

We should absolutely push the chips in.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:04 PM 03-21-2019
We were a snap away from the Super Bowl and have the best QB in the league playing for peanuts for one more year.

We should absolutely push the chips in.
Go tell it to the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:07 PM 03-21-2019
Go tell it to the Chiefs.
Sustainable is cool, Super Bowls are cooler.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:10 PM 03-21-2019
Sustainable is cool, Super Bowls are cooler.
Multiple Super Bowls are the best.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:23 PM 03-21-2019
Multiple Super Bowls are the best.
Two in the bush, etc..
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:26 PM 03-21-2019
Two in the bush, etc..
"Greed is good".
[Reply]
Redbled 08:32 PM 03-21-2019
I'd rather roll that cap over than end up with more mistake contracts.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:33 PM 03-21-2019
I mean clearly I want to set us up for long term success. But I don’t want to miss this immediate window, either.
[Reply]
Redbled 08:33 PM 03-21-2019

Exactly. I'd rather set up to compete for the next 15 years than go all in for the next year or two and stunt our growth.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:35 PM 03-21-2019
The AFC is down right now, too. It’s us and the Pats, and soon the Colts. We just need to be one play better than last season.
[Reply]
Page 609 of 791
« First < 109509559599605606607608609 610611612613619659709 > Last »
Up