ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 159 of 791
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169209259659 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:11 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I wonder if Veach is trying to pull a Rams and just go all in every way possible? We were so close last year and that was with a terrible defense.

I don’t mind if Veach signs Bell or Collins. I don’t mind if he signs both, as long as he structures the contract correctly. The only player on this team that should get a contract longer than 4 years is Patrick Lavon Mahomes II.

We’ve probably got 3 more years before Pat has a cap hit of 30+million. It’s obviously going to be very backloaded with a metric fuck ton of guarantees up front. So I can see why Veach would want to do this now so he can walk away from these deals when Mahomes contract really starts kicking in.

We also have the draft to find replacements for guys like Kendall Fuller, who IMO will not be extended if we are going to throw money at Landon Collins.
They've been trying that since October. The Chiefs got about a 2 year window to do this shit until a Pat extension will really reshape things and I'd imagine they're gonna go full Dream Team until then.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:13 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
They've been trying that since October. The Chiefs got about a 2 year window to do this shit until a Pat extension will really reshape things and I'd imagine they're gonna go full Dream Team until then.
Pretty much how I feel, especially hard on offensive players. I believe the defense is going to take 2-3 years to reform.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:14 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
What if Williams gets hurt? Then you have Bell.

Our running game was not that great after Hunt left. Williams had nice yards because teams were playing back to stop the passing game. He was not dominating games the way Bell can. When we need short yardage to convert 3rd downs- he failed.

3rd and short was a problem last year- especially in the first half of the Pats games. Bell has the Marcus Allen clutch gene in getting those yards.
It's not the back, it's the offensive line scheme that causes us problems in short yardage. It's always been that way for Reid's scheme, it's the one achilles heel with the way he likes to design the blocking and the players he looks for.

We weren't good at it with Charles either. Or Hunt. It ain't the backs. And Bell's patience waiting for holes isn't going to help that.

And: Damien Williams ran at a 5.1 ypc clip. Nobody's going to improve on that. Bell's career avg. is like 4.3 or something, for example.

We don't have a problem running the ball that any running back is going to solve. Short yardage running is a scheme-based weakness.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:15 AM 03-07-2019
Our running game was not that great after Hunt left.
False.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:15 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
You don't, and minus teams that have two probowl MLB's you can't....
Exactly, mismatches all over the field.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:17 AM 03-07-2019
Man, I hope they sign Bell, if nothing else for the entertainment factor.

Why would people be so freaking upset about them signing the best running back in the game? I get that it's not the best use of cap dollars but neither is signing Dee Ford and people are fine with that. Bell >>>>>>>> Dee Ford.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:18 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
when has that ever worked, though?

The Rams did it this year, and their defense wasn't great. Just expensive. The Eagles tried it; didn't work.

Our offense is killer and all the pieces remain in place. Defense is shit; sign a couple key guys that fit the scheme and culture you're looking for and draft well. Better get it right, because next year you're going to need to start re-tooling offensive personnel.

I don't think there's a shortcut.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:18 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Man, I hope they sign Bell, if nothing else for the entertainment factor.

Why would people be so freaking upset about them signing the best running back in the game? I get that it's not the best use of cap dollars but neither is signing Dee Ford and people are fine with that. Bell >>>>>>>> Dee Ford.
Give him a Sammy Watkins type 3 year deal and it could definitely work. I don’t buy us signing him though.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:18 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
False.
You are right- we had Mahomes step up and lead the team in running yards the first week.

Teams did not respect our running game after Hunt left. They practically dared us to run on them.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:19 AM 03-07-2019
Give him a Sammy Watkins type 3 year deal and it could definitely work. I don’t buy us signing him though.
I didn't think there was much chance at first but I think Veach is the kind of guy that is going to shock everybody. He just has that vibe.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:20 AM 03-07-2019
You are right- we had Mahomes step up and lead the team in running yards the first week.

Teams did not respect our running game after Hunt left. They practically dared us to run on them.
False.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:20 AM 03-07-2019

Damien Williams season ypc was 5.1

5.1 yards per carry.

You do realize that's really, really good, right?

Like Bell's career average is like 4.3 or something?

Also, Hunt's ypc last season: 4.6

This idea that we suddenly could not run the ball is a myth. We often DON'T choose to, and that's a legitimate conversation, but it's not because we CAN'T.
[Reply]
Iconic 10:20 AM 03-07-2019
I wonder if Veach is trying to pull a Rams and just go all in every way possible? We were so close last year and that was with a terrible defense.

I don’t mind if Veach signs Bell or Collins. I don’t mind if he signs both, as long as he structures the contract correctly. The only player on this team that should get a contract longer than 4 years is Patrick Lavon Mahomes II.

We’ve probably got 3 more years before Pat has a cap hit of 30+million. It’s obviously going to be very backloaded with a metric **** ton of guarantees up front. So I can see why Veach would want to do this now so he can walk away from these deals when Mahomes contract really starts kicking in.

We also have the draft to find replacements for guys like Kendall Fuller, who IMO will not be extended if we are going to throw money at Landon Collins.
I hate this notion of going all in. It's so stupid and played out. Sure it works if your QB is a ****ing statue that requires tons of help like Goff. But Mahomes? The window isn't only open as long as he's cheap, it's ****ing FOREVER. You build this team from the bottom up so it consistently preforms at a high level. That starts with drafting the right guys, signing the right guys, and getting rid of the right guys at the right ****ing times.

March 15th is going to be very telling of how Veach operates. Does he plan to blow his load in one go? Or is he thinking about building long term... a lot of these questions get answered quickly just by watching how they handle Berry. Cutting him provides very little immediate value to the team, but next years cap space gets a big boost. Super interested in how they handle things.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:21 AM 03-07-2019
Chris mecks meltdown when we sign Bell will be epic
[Reply]
RunKC 10:22 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
when has that ever worked, though?

The Rams did it this year, and their defense wasn't great. Just expensive. The Eagles tried it; didn't work.

Our offense is killer and all the pieces remain in place. Defense is shit; sign a couple key guys that fit the scheme and culture you're looking for and draft well. Better get it right, because next year you're going to need to start re-tooling offensive personnel.

I don't think there's a shortcut.
Broncos did this with Manning. Shit they signed Demarcus Ware, Emmanuel Sanders, Aqib Talib and TJ Ward all in one offseason and it worked.

Rams were just in the Super Bowl after going all in.

Eagles absolutely went all in when they won the Super Bowl. Torrey Smith, Alshon Jeffrey, Chance Warmack, Nick Foles, Chris Long, Patrick Robinson, Timmy Jernigan, Ronald Darby, Jay Ayaji. They brought all these guys in in 2017.
[Reply]
Page 159 of 791
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169209259659 > Last »
Up