ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 209 of 211
« First < 109159199205206207208209 210211 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:48 PM 01-09-2020
That's a BIG win for STL and keeps some key pieces in play for an Arenado deal if there's traction there.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:52 PM 01-09-2020
Works for me
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:43 PM 01-09-2020
That's a solid trade. Jose belongs in the AL too. Good for him.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:39 PM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's a BIG win for STL and keeps some key pieces in play for an Arenado deal if there's traction there.
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Works for me
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
That's a solid trade. Jose belongs in the AL too. Good for him.
My Rays fans are pissed. :-)

Looks like a solid deal. Looks like Martinez had more value than some people in here thought.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 09:20 PM 01-09-2020
How did this happen? How did Mo make such, what appears to be, a phenomenal trade?! Did TB have to make up for the Pham trade?!
[Reply]
Miles 09:46 PM 01-09-2020
Sounds like a really nice deal.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:58 PM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
My Rays fans are pissed. :-)

Looks like a solid deal. Looks like Martinez had more value than some people in here thought.
Rays are trying to run down the Yankees and stay ahead of Boston.

The Yankees have Paxton and Happ in their rotation (lefties) not to mention a LH closer in Chapman. The Red Sox have Price, Sale, Rodriguez and Perez in theirs (potentially 4 more lefties).

You want to find a spot for a RH contact hitter who puts good swings on lefties but can't play defense to have significant value? My friends, I give you the AL East.

His value in a vacuum is iffy but he's actually a pretty damn good fit in TB for a team that's looking for cost effective ways to hang with two very talented teams with a lot of lefty pitching.

But yeah, your Rays fans should be pissed. And you can take this deal back to it's roots and give Mozeliak quite a bit of credit for it. Martinez was acquired from the Royals for nominal cash considerations and Arozarena was a relatively affordable international signing. Then a little luck to boot when they won the 'lottery' to get their comp balance pick in the A round after the 1st rather than the B round after the 2nd.

I mean the Cardinals gave up a player they acquired for free who simply didn't fit in the NL, a draft pick they were given due to the largess of MLB and an international signing who was largely unheralded at the time.

And in return they got a kid who was considered the best P prospect in his class during the pre-draft run-up (but scared teams off with the possibility of honoring his college commit; turns out he likely overplayed his hand) and who's pitched well since being drafted. Hell, even the C they got appears to have a hell of a stick. Reminds be a bit of Jhon Torres who they got in the Mercado deal; a 'who' of a prospect at the time but a guy who puts bat to ball with authority.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 11:12 PM 01-09-2020
Very interesting trade indeed. Cardinals won’t add Carlson in a potential trade for Arenado. Now they get Liberatore, who, as mentioned earlier, is best friends with Gormon. Coincidence or just another trade chip?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:18 PM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
Very interesting trade indeed. Cardinals won’t add Carlson in a potential trade for Arenado. Now they get Liberatore, who, as mentioned earlier, is best friends with Gormon. Coincidence or just another trade chip?
https://stlbullpen.com/2020/01/06/ca...third-basemen/

Originally Posted by :
Based on recent and career history, Anthony Rendon is the superior player. He has generally drawn walks more frequently and recently, has struck out less frequently. Over the course of his career, Rendon has been a superior base runner, and while Arenado has the stronger career fielding numbers, Rendon has also been defensively stellar and the totality of his statistical profile, assuming you’re willing to acknowledge that Nolan Arenado plays his home games on the moon and should be treated as such, is superior.

Assuming Nolan Arenado is what his statistics tell us he is, trading more than spare parts for Nolan Arenado in lieu of signing Anthony Rendon doesn’t make sense under any ideology.
Now I don't necessarily agree that Rendon's a superior player, but the conclusion is definitely sound - they're close enough as to make little difference.

Which is to say this team damn sure does not need additional prospects to get this deal done - they simply need the will.

And if they include prospects it is effectively selling them for the purposes of getting the Rockies to take additional contractual liabilities that would free them up for the Ozuna contract.

This idea that Liberator was acquired to flip to Colorado had better just be typical hyperventilating Bob Nightengale horseshit There's simply no reason for the Cardinals to be going ham in their offer here.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:18 AM 01-10-2020
Well to clarify, he's Gorman's best friend and has been since they were 4.

So that's...interesting.

Matthew Liberatore and Nolan Gorman met when they were 5, played baseball with and against each other until they went 16th & 19th overall in the 2018 #MLBDraft and now will reunite in the #STLCards system. Here's a closer look at the longtime best friends: https://t.co/LUe8d7Nt5n pic.twitter.com/zIbYDPSKu9

— MLB Pipeline (@MLBPipeline) January 10, 2020

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:33 AM 01-10-2020
Side note to your Rays fan friends - remind them that they'll REALLY like Hose. Mostly because they won't have to watch him try to field.

He's as nice a guy as you'll find in the game and a genuinely great teammate.
[Reply]
VAChief 07:00 AM 01-10-2020
Side note to your Rays fan friends - remind them that they'll REALLY like Hose. Mostly because they won't have to watch him try to field.

He's as nice a guy as you'll find in the game and a genuinely great teammate.
Who wouldn't enjoy watching a giraffe on ice skates. :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:16 AM 01-10-2020
Mo actually came out good on this, color me shocked.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 10:37 AM 01-10-2020
https://stlbullpen.com/2020/01/06/ca...third-basemen/

Now I don't necessarily agree that Rendon's a superior player, but the conclusion is definitely sound - they're close enough as to make little difference.

Which is to say this team damn sure does not need additional prospects to get this deal done - they simply need the will.

And if they include prospects it is effectively selling them for the purposes of getting the Rockies to take additional contractual liabilities that would free them up for the Ozuna contract.

This idea that Liberator was acquired to flip to Colorado had better just be typical hyperventilating Bob Nightengale horseshit There's simply no reason for the Cardinals to be going ham in their offer here.
If we somehow get Arenado and get to keep Carlson, Liberator, and Gorman (yes I know we should, but Mo makes dumb deals) and get rid of at least one bad contract, if not more, then I may have to give Mo a pass for a while.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:09 PM 01-10-2020
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
If we somehow get Arenado and get to keep Carlson, Liberator, and Gorman (yes I know we should, but Mo makes dumb deals) and get rid of at least one bad contract, if not more, then I may have to give Mo a pass for a while.
Rosenthal seems to think this was the first move to ultimately get Arenado.
[Reply]
Page 209 of 211
« First < 109159199205206207208209 210211 >
Up