ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 211
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:28 PM 10-06-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Acuna should have come over and shit on Martinez's stupid ****ing ramen-noodle-lookin' head. I don't care the least about that throat slash. It's our guy that is the low-class entitled shithead in this situation, pouting because he can't locate a pitch or keep guys from hitting balls 160 MPH off the bat.

**** Martinez.
Ian Kennedy, straight up. We’d do that deal ASAP.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:49 PM 10-06-2019
Originally Posted by BDj23:
You and DJ were big shildt fans, and now all of a sudden you're off the train? He improved the defense and base running. I know you like your big words and sabermetrics but be consistent.
You're loud wrong on this one:

Shildt has been awful, not less than stellar. Just another braindead idiot behind the controls that can't recognize when his pitchers are in trouble.

The rookies didn't run out of gas; they regressed to the mean. Guys like Gant, Gomber, Hudson, and Poncedeleon are all 5th starter/AAAA players. Mo did a terrible job building the bullpen, it was as bad as it has ever been in August but got by on luck, and then the luck normalized in September. Meanwhile, Schildt kept flushing games by relying on Norris because he couldn't see that he had been a fucking turd since June.

All the while, Mo keeps losing trades and passing on players that could help them. Pham is .338/.417.570 over the last month, FWIW.

That's from 9/15/2018.

Shildt is a fucking fraud. Better than Matheny, but a fraud nonetheless. No excuse to keep going to Norris in these situations. He's lost three games for this team in six days.
9/8/2018

He did the same thing two weeks ago. The same damned thing. And Schildt just let him lose the game. I mean, learn your fucking lesson and know your fucking players. Norris is just an average pitcher. He's not a dominant closer. He has a middling fastball and slider, and if he can't locate both, he's damn near fucking worthless.
8/13/2018

I'd like to see Hicks jam a lit cherry bomb up Norris' ass for that performance.

Schildt fucking butchered that inning, too. There is no more braindead managerial philosophy than "it was his game either way." If he was pitching well and they were getting bullshit hits like the 2010-2014 Giants, than sure, leave him in, but when he's getting fucking rocked by every batter you can't just leave him in there to lose the game.

I don't know how a baseball lifer can sit on his ass for an inning like that unless he's just as big of a strategic clod as the mong he replaced.

DeWitt needs to drop a neutron bomb in this organization in the offseason.
7/23/2018

He obviously doesn't have it Shildt, but just keep your thumbs up your ass.

This is malpractice.
He's been playing with fire all year, but Shildt has managed him like a moron, thinking that strand rate is sustainable.

Both from the Cubs series last month

Shildt was horrible in September last year and he's been abysmal the last week as well.
9/29/2019.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:10 PM 10-06-2019
And he's doubling down on the stupidity:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...nez-blows-save
[Reply]
jd1020 10:12 PM 10-06-2019

Mr. Respect the Game, Carlos Martinez, blowing a kiss to Billy Hamilton. pic.twitter.com/L6jeodeWVl

— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) October 6, 2019

[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:50 PM 10-06-2019
It sucks we blew this game but come on people, is anyone surprised we are going to lose the series? ATL is a better team. It’s not even close. Our offense has disappeared at times all year. Am I supposed to be surprised it disappeared for two games in the playoffs?

This a way way better team than 2 years or last years team. Lots of progress. But, we all know that this team is not ready to take on the elite teams.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:51 PM 10-06-2019
Well, this day pretty much sucked big hairy dicks, didn't it?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:02 PM 10-06-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Well, this day pretty much sucked big hairy dicks, didn't it?
it was a really shitty fan day. :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:25 PM 10-07-2019
Goldy goes deep....then Ozuna

Listening and...JFC are Boomer and Sutcliffe washed up as fuck. Boomer sounds half dead. Back back back back....croaked
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:28 PM 10-07-2019
I like the start just don't go dormant now.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:33 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I like the start just don't go dormant now.
Don't worry, I'm sure Martinez will bail out the Braves in the 9th. Apparently that's his job.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:34 PM 10-07-2019
Ozuna is on fire.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:59 PM 10-07-2019
Nice error Carpenter you **** stick. :-)

Well that was fun while it lasted.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:10 PM 10-07-2019
Only 2 more guaranteed years for ol' Matty C.

Glad we got him extended. Not sure we could've afforded his asking price on the open market.

Mozeliak's made a fair number of dumb moves as the GM and none of them compare to the Carpenter extension in terms of pure idiocy. There was simply no reason to do it. At least with some of his other stupid decisions (Andrew Miller, Mike Leake, Fowler, Goldschmidt) you can cite a good justification for the decision. We needed a lefty reliever (after another of his dumb decisions in Cecil backfired) or a 4th starter after Lynn went down or a CFer/Leadoff hitter after Jay left or even the possibility of adding a dangerous power hitter.

All of those things you can point at in real time and say "hey, this isn't gonna work, but I can see why they did it..."

But Carpenter when he was in the midst of an awful funk adn the Cardinals had a team option on him for the following season on the off chance he rebounded....why? What possible reason is there for giving him the absolute top of what the market would've ever held for him in the event he reached FA? Why guarantee an unathletic, 1-tool player an extra 2 years when his 1 tool was showing signs of collapse anyway? Especially when you already have a player on a long-term deal at the only other position he could possibly play.

I mean...just why?
[Reply]
jd1020 04:26 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Don't worry, I'm sure Martinez will bail out the Braves in the 9th. Apparently that's his job.
Cardinals threatening to tie or take the lead. Martinez the lone man warming up in the pen for the 9th.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:33 PM 10-07-2019
Marp with his patented strike out without ever swinging the bat move.

C-Mart should be able to put us out of our misery here.
[Reply]
Page 160 of 211
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210 > Last »
Up