ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 418 of 421
« First < 318368408414415416417418 419420421 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2018 Free Agents
Couch-Potato 09:52 AM 01-10-2018
Who are you letting walk/cutting/retiring?

http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/...8-free-agents/

Who are you targeting?

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...t-tracker?pg=1
[Reply]
nychief 05:22 PM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by cwhocares:
Screw them both. Keep your personal and political feelings off the field. I watch and go to games as an escape from all the bulls@#% in the world. What you do on your own time is perfectly fine. The only reason they kneel at games is that if they were to protest anywhere else, no one would care. Why the owners/NFL allows this is beyond me.
go to a movie.
[Reply]
aturnis 06:07 PM 04-25-2018
Rofl
Originally Posted by nychief:
go to a movie.

[Reply]
O.city 08:39 AM 05-02-2018
Eric Reid filed some kind of grievance with the league this morning, so I'd imagine he's not gonna be playing any time soon.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 08:41 AM 05-02-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Eric Reid filed some kind of grievance with the league this morning, so I'd imagine he's not gonna be playing any time soon.

ESPN's Dan Graziano reports free agent S Eric Reid has filed a collusion grievance against the NFL.
Reid's attorney, Mark Geragos, is the same one who represents fellow free agent Colin Kaepernick in his collusion grievance against the league. Reid has drawn minimal interest as a free agent, visiting only the Bengals, who allegedly asked Reid if he still planned to kneel during the national anthem. It's pretty evident most teams are flat-out refusing to sign players like Reid for their protests. Reid is just 26, in the prime of his career, and coming off maybe his best NFL season.

Crap, I was hoping we might sign him at some point.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:32 AM 05-02-2018
So if teams are intentionally not signing guys who may still kneel is there anything wrong with that according to the CBA or law?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:41 AM 05-02-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
So if teams are intentionally not signing guys who may still kneel is there anything wrong with that according to the CBA or law?
If owners are colluding under the table saying to eachother not to sign any of the protesting players...possibly.

Id think each individual franchise owner has the choice to not sign a player if they choose not to for whatever reason, but if theyre colluding with other owners to blackball them league wide...may be some issue there.

The owners arent dumb...theyve seen attendence and tv ratings drop. You dont think they want this ridiculous BLM shit to end? Its all based on a false narrative anyways.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:44 AM 05-02-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Teams should have the right to Not sign a player if they feel his actions might bring negative attention and unwanted distractions to their team.

The kneeling thing was dumb, it didn't work and now these 2 idiots are going down with the ship.
[Reply]
Bewbies 10:45 AM 05-02-2018
Not signing people who kneel is beyond stupid. But the stupid comes from the fans who are pissed off by it, not by the owners who don't want to deal with that bull shit.

But if the owners all got together and said they'd blackball these guys, that's a problem.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:49 AM 05-02-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Teams should have the right to Not sign a player if they feel his actions might bring negative attention and unwanted distractions to their team.

The kneeling thing was dumb, it didn't work and now these 2 idiots are going down with the ship.

It's not as dumb as caring what other people do during the national anthem which is some jingoistic nationalist nonsense.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:26 AM 05-02-2018
I don't see them winning in court. NFL has the money, endless piles of it. They made their beds and now have to lie in them. They thought they were important but they aren't and players won't help them. They need their money like everyone else.

They will try and get a settlement but I doubt they get anything. NFL isn't going to admit anything.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 11:29 AM 05-02-2018
Originally Posted by cwhocares:
Screw them both. Keep your personal and political feelings off the field. I watch and go to games as an escape from all the bulls@#% in the world. What you do on your own time is perfectly fine. The only reason they kneel at games is that if they were to protest anywhere else, no one would care. Why the owners/NFL allows this is beyond me.
Assholes like you are the problem
[Reply]
mcaj22 11:32 AM 05-02-2018
Kenny Vaccaro and Tre Boston are also FAs. Reid jumped the gun and should have waited until they signed. Nobody wants to pay these safeties 4 to 7 million per when they can get a starting caliber safety in that draft as late as the 4th or 5th round
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:06 PM 05-02-2018
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
Assholes like you are the problem
Not really..Everyone is welcome to an opinion either way.The players knew the risk and now must accept the consequences. This is simply a case of for every action there is a reaction.
[Reply]
Best22 02:18 PM 05-02-2018
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
ESPN's Dan Graziano reports free agent S Eric Reid has filed a collusion grievance against the NFL.
Reid's attorney, Mark Geragos, is the same one who represents fellow free agent Colin Kaepernick in his collusion grievance against the league. Reid has drawn minimal interest as a free agent, visiting only the Bengals, who allegedly asked Reid if he still planned to kneel during the national anthem. It's pretty evident most teams are flat-out refusing to sign players like Reid for their protests. Reid is just 26, in the prime of his career, and coming off maybe his best NFL season.

Crap, I was hoping we might sign him at some point.
I don't think he's that good at coverage. May as well start Armani Watts
[Reply]
bigjosh 02:34 PM 05-02-2018
I was never against these guys kneeling if they wanted to, but i also believe that the owners have a right to alienate them if it is a detriment to the profitability of their business.

They knew what they were doing was causing a backlash, they should have expected this.
[Reply]
Page 418 of 421
« First < 318368408414415416417418 419420421 >
Up