ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 321 of 421
« First < 221271311317318319320321 322323324325331371 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2018 Free Agents
Couch-Potato 09:52 AM 01-10-2018
Who are you letting walk/cutting/retiring?

http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/...8-free-agents/

Who are you targeting?

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...t-tracker?pg=1
[Reply]
Buckweath 05:43 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by aturnis:
I think guys here value corner and safety FAR more than the Chiefs do. We traded away Peters if that tells you something, and made due with Parker for years at safety. A guy nobody else wanted enough to keep us from acquiring him.

I'm not altogether sure they aren't perfectly happy going into next season relying on Amerson and Murray. They might get competent vet help and draft some guys to compete and develop, but they sure don't seem worried about those spots like the fans to.

I think they are far more concerned about Bailey being inconsistent at DE, and the lack of a consistent NT presence and the effect it's having on Jones and the pass rush.

It looks like they are going to press receivers more this year to give Houston and Ford(who they're stuck with) an extra second to get to the QB. No team let the QB get the ball out quicker than the Chiefs last year. Changing that makes a huge difference.

If they move into the first round, it's for D line. I think it'd be Vea. Personally, I think he's much much better than Payne.
I disagree.

I think Veach and Reid know very well that the safety position and especially the CB position are not good enough right now.

There were rumors the Chiefs were after Kyle Fuller and Trumaine Johnson if I'm not mistaken.

If you go into next season with just Fuller, Nelson and Amerson and a developmental draft pick at CB you're asking for trouble.

This being said, I do think Veach is very high on Fuller.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:41 AM 03-19-2018
Wow according to the MMQB from Peter King, Veach called C Ryan Jensen’s agent in the first 10 mins of FA.

Wonder if he had plans to play the guy at LG?
[Reply]
BossChief 07:24 AM 03-19-2018
I wonder why they didn’t commit toFulton at center.

Probably the fact he’s kinda lead footed, but he was solid and dependable.
[Reply]
aturnis 07:30 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
If they aren't bothered about safety and CB then why give Berry that contract and why trade for Fuller when it's been widely reported that there were some other decent deals on the table? The Peters trade is a unique situation Imo where clearly off the field stuff were why he's not a Chief anymore, It couldn't have been about his performances. Veach also expressed an interest in honey badger at his last press conference, so I'm positive that both of those areas will be addressed in due course. If we don't get someone like a Tre Boston, then I see us going after those positions In the draft.
Dorsey gave Berry that contract, not Veach. To say they don't value CB as much as the fans, isn't to say they don't value it at all.

To be clear, I think Veach is into any talented player coming off of his first deal right now. I just think the fact that HB took a one year 7M contract indicates how much he and the rest of the league valued him. The multi year contacts weren't rich enough for his liking.

I just feel like they are much more comfortable with Amerson than the fans are. Possibly Murray too. You've got to realize, Sorenson looked like shit last year too. I'd imagine they expect the reign of Berry to elevate the play of some players around him.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:40 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by aturnis:
Dorsey gave Berry that contract, not Veach. To say they don't value CB as much as the fans, isn't to say they don't value it at all.

To be clear, I think Veach is into any talented player coming off of his first deal right now. I just think the fact that HB took a one year 7M contract indicates how much he and the rest of the league valued him. The multi year contacts weren't rich enough for his liking.

I just feel like they are much more comfortable with Amerson than the fans are. Possibly Murray too. You've got to realize, Sorenson looked like shit last year too. I'd imagine they expect the reign of Berry to elevate the play of some players around him.
Well If we can't mention Berry, then we can't bring up Parker can we? As Veach wasn't GM when he was signed either. My view is we'd be much better to wait until after the draft before we can come to any conclusions. Because the fact is they interviewed a ton or CB's and safeties at the combine, so they clearly have something in mind for those positions.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:55 AM 03-19-2018
How many broke dick safeties have looked serviceable next to berry though? Kendrick Lewis, tyvon branch, Quentin demps, abdullah I'm a little on the fence about. Point is we had some pretty good defenses with jags next to berry.
[Reply]
thabear04 07:59 AM 03-19-2018
Sorry if its been posted.

Update: Ndamukong Suh tells me he is planning to visit the #Rams. Another rising contender officially in the mix.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 19, 2018

[Reply]
O.city 08:05 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Wow according to the MMQB from Peter King, Veach called C Ryan Jensen’s agent in the first 10 mins of FA.

Wonder if he had plans to play the guy at LG?
Move Morse to LG?
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 08:08 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Move Morse to LG?
I think that was probably the plan
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:08 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by thabear04:
Sorry if its been posted.

Jesus, that would be some pretty amazing defensive additions this offseason for the Rams. I saw the Eagles were looking at him as well.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:14 AM 03-19-2018
Arms race in the NFC. Jeez, most of the AFC is absolute garbage in comparison.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:30 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Not sure corner is high on the list with us having 3 guys already there starting this year. Maybe not a pick to get early due to lack of playing time?

You know who I’ve watched that I think would be one of the best fits of anyone in this draft in our defense?

Jessie Bates. Watched that kid today and ****ing love the guy.
Preaching to the choir brother:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314258

He’s definitely on my short list at 54
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:21 AM 03-19-2018

They might make a smart signing here or there but for the most part I think it's time to start reading up on the draft, folks. https://t.co/vHd1ZkB2Pq

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 18, 2018

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:25 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:

:-) That guy he was replying to knows what's up.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:30 AM 03-19-2018
What the fuck, Jacksonville?

Compensation update: Jaguars' WR Donte Moncrief signed a one-year, $9.6 million, fully-guaranteed contract that also contains another $2 million in incentives.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 19, 2018

[Reply]
Page 321 of 421
« First < 221271311317318319320321 322323324325331371 > Last »
Up