ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 208 of 386
« First < 108158198204205206207208 209210211212218258308 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:10 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Well ... there's no time limit on undeading people, is there? I mean, some of the frozen zombie dudes are basically nothing but walking skeletons ... no flesh at all, really. Some of the horses, too.

So it could be that the Starks will get undeaded, right?

But if a bunch of Starks do get undeaded, I'm not certain they'll go after the Night King first. Besides, wouldn't the Night King have control over the undeaded Starks? (How unfortunate would that be?)

Instead, they may go after Dragon Chick since she's related to the Mad King and the Starks are not on particularly friendly terms with Dragon trainers. Plus, the Mad King has roasted a few important Starks in his time.

If that were to occur, would Jon Snow intercede on Dragon Chick's behalf? Tough call, right there ...

FAX
We have the trailer with Arya running through the crypts. If she is being chased by the NK or a bunch of Zombies she is not looking scared. With her training, no fucking way. Everyone has assumed she's fleeing Lady Stoneheart or a headless Daddy. That would freak out even a well trained assassin like Arya.
[Reply]
Fish 08:12 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
In the season preview, when they showed Arya scared shitless and running, you wonder, what would scare her like that? I think the answer might be undead Catelyn, or undead Rickon, or maybe undead Ned carrying his head in one hand and a sword in the other. Or maybe all of them.

[Reply]
Fish 08:14 AM 04-23-2019
I just keep thinking back to the previews where Arya was running through the crypts terrified. Which makes me think the good guys get their collective asses kicked at Winterfell, and Arya is trying to escape through the crypts because Winterfell has fallen.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 08:19 AM 04-23-2019
If the NK and ice dragon are going south the Dragons should be able to burn up all the white walkers.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 09:32 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
If the NK and ice dragon are going south the Dragons should be able to burn up all the white walkers.
The trailer/preview makes it look like the undead army can call up a snow storm.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:43 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
it's an insult to call it "girl power"

it's just writing a good character

not a hamfisted device to promote feminazi ideals

we see dany getting practically RAPED in the first season before coming back later on to dominate her man by forcing him to let her ride him

that's how you build a character, not all this dumb shit we saw with rey and captain marvel

but oh noes we saw her tits...we have to completely de-sexualize our female characters or they have no worth
FWIW Larsen’s tits are available for viewing.

Originally Posted by Fish:
I just keep thinking back to the previews where Arya was running through the crypts terrified. Which makes me think the good guys get their collective asses kicked at Winterfell, and Arya is trying to escape through the crypts because Winterfell has fallen.
That’s my best guess. I think it’s a very low probability the war against the night king ends next week.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:46 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
Think of how large that army is. The army of the dead is still a tough thing to beat....even if the NK isn't there.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:02 AM 04-23-2019

GoT: As a long-time storyteller, I'm in awe of how perfectly the minds behind this show brought all the major characters together at Winterfell. They made it look easy. Constant Readers, it is not.

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) April 23, 2019

What an endorsement. I continue to be confused by some of the criticism of this episode. In my eyes, it was the best character driven episode (i.e. non-battle/event) since Season 4.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:10 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Yes, every shot of someone in the crypts has that look of "Oh fuck".

Pretty sure Winterfell gets over run and they're forced to flee the crypts. I'm guessing the remaining important characters will somehow get rescued by the Ironborn.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:12 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
The difference: The women earned our respect on GOT.

They have bled, they have grown. Women in GOT have fought for every last inch.
Counter argument: Ellaria and the Sand Snakes
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:14 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Women in GOT have fought for every last inch.
Heh.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:33 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Counter argument: Ellaria and the Sand Snakes
They seemed to uh, "find justice" in Season 7.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:41 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
The trailer/preview makes it look like the undead army can call up a snow storm.

They conjured up a snow storm at Hardhome.

They certainly bring more cold.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:52 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Yes, every shot of someone in the crypts has that look of "Oh fuck".

Pretty sure Winterfell gets over run and they're forced to flee the crypts. I'm guessing the remaining important characters will somehow get rescued by the Ironborn.
and they spend episode 4 licking their wounds, mourning their dead and preparing for the final battle of the series in episode 5 at Kings Landing.

We still have the red witch, lord of light to do whatever they are going to do.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:00 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
and they spend episode 4 licking their wounds, mourning their dead and preparing for the final battle of the series in episode 5 at Kings Landing.

We still have the red witch, lord of light to do whatever they are going to do.
Agreed.
[Reply]
Page 208 of 386
« First < 108158198204205206207208 209210211212218258308 > Last »
Up