ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 195 of 386
« First < 95145185191192193194195 196197198199205245295 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:39 PM 04-21-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
So if next week is the battle, then we have three more episodes for....what?

Only thing I can think of is that there's a major curveball coming. John becomes the Night King and takes everyone to kill Cersi or something and the zombies all live happily ever after as cold dead people or something.
It was apparent to me when Dany pulled her hand away from Sansya there will be a major story after the night fight. I'm wondering if the night king is actually dead after the fight and he factors in somewhere afterwards.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:40 PM 04-21-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Wow.

It’s amazing that an episode could be so devoid of “action” and be that satisfying. So good and enjoyable and.... funny.

Arya having sex really threw me for a loop. I only have sons, but I think I know what dads with daughters go through now.
Yep but it felt like a goodbye as well.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:40 PM 04-21-2019
Yeah, it's going to be heartbreaking to see some of the people in these wonderful scenes rise as fucking zombies at the end of the episode. :-)
[Reply]
Amnorix 08:40 PM 04-21-2019
Sam didn't technically say he'd be in the crypt, right? He just basically said "You're gonna be able to use this better than I can."

Or did I misunderstand that?

That's what I understood it to be. That a two handed greatsword was not something he could wield effectively, so he was giving it to someone who could.

In fact, I thought his rebuke of Jon's effort to put him in the crypts answered that question definitively.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:41 PM 04-21-2019
Sam didn't technically say he'd be in the crypt, right? He just basically said "You're gonna be able to use this better than I can."

At some point during the next episode Sam has to wield a weapon and fight awkwardly. That spoiler was let out, in an article about filming the episode. So either the dead breach the crypt or Sam stays and fights above ground.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:41 PM 04-21-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, it's going to be heartbreaking to see some of the people in these wonderful scenes rise as fucking zombies at the end of the episode. :-)
Red Wedding II: THE DEAD WEDDING :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 08:42 PM 04-21-2019
A zombie Brienne would be terrifying.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:42 PM 04-21-2019

I took it he'd be in the crypt defending Gilly and little Sam but I could be wrong. Don't get me wrong I don't think he's a coward. He'll play another game changing part. It was just funny to me.
[Reply]
Amnorix 08:43 PM 04-21-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
That was such a masterfully bittersweet episode. We're losing some of these people next week and it's going to hurt. A lot.

Oh Arya. Why'd you have to go and turn a little bit human. One of you two has to go now, after that. And you're definitely not dying yet, so it's him. Plus, it's Game of Thrones, so they'll do something extra awful. Maybe turn Gendry into a walker first and then make you put him down.

Grey Worm appeared pretty well fucked to me. "Hey, after this is done let's go away -- where do you most want to go..."

Yeah, you're fucking dead.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:44 PM 04-21-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
A zombie Brienne would be terrifying.
OH GOD right after she gets knighted?

that's going to SUCK
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:44 PM 04-21-2019
So if next week is the battle, then we have three more episodes for....what?

Only thing I can think of is that there's a major curveball coming. John becomes the Night King and takes everyone to kill Cersi or something and the zombies all live happily ever after as cold dead people or something.
assuming they don’t kill the night king and they lose the battle of winterfell. So the army of the dead marches on to Kings Landing.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:45 PM 04-21-2019
What's after is Cercei's treachery following the battle, like Jamie described. And then whoever is left taking the iron Throne.

Plus I figure the Night King will still be around. They said it in the council: why would he put himself on the field.

I figure they have about as much success with him as the Avengers have with Thanos in the first hour of Endgame. However they eventually get the Night King, it won't be this initial plan, not with almost 4 hours of show left.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:45 PM 04-21-2019
you really want to do an amazing showstopper of an ending....everyone gets killed and turns into a deadite and the last scene is all the dead main characters advancing on cersei and her just-born child in the throne room
[Reply]
Amnorix 08:45 PM 04-21-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
OH GOD right after she gets knighted?

that's going to SUCK

Jesus, now that you mention it, perhaps the only question is whether it's Jaime or Tormund that finishes ZomBrienne... :-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:48 PM 04-21-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Grey Worm appeared pretty well ****ed to me. "Hey, after this is done let's go away -- where do you most want to go..."

Yeah, you're ****ing dead.
Oh yeah, I forgot those two. Definitely highlighted for no reason I could figure. So yeah not ending happy.
[Reply]
Page 195 of 386
« First < 95145185191192193194195 196197198199205245295 > Last »
Up