ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 118 of 386
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168218 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:28 PM 08-28-2017
I could see that as a possibility, but why would he do that?
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:30 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Yeah, I'm not seeing why he would tell her that.

I still don't get the "creepily standing in the hallway" moment from him either.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:30 PM 08-28-2017
That made me wonder if he'd figured out Jon's parentage already.

It was really weird, I thought.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:34 PM 08-28-2017
Maybe it's all connected to everything he was saying about Dany needing an heir in previous episodes.

In any case, would Cersei tell him about the Golden Company even if they were in cahoots? Again, I'd ask 'why?'... Because it would not make any sense at all for her to suddenly trust him enough for the two of them to scheme together. She's hated him his entire life, way before anything happened with Tywin, or his becoming Dany's hand.

And the larger question would be why would he choose siding with his sister in King's Landing over getting as many as possible to the North when he knows the army of the dead is there?
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:35 PM 08-28-2017
That made me wonder if he'd figured out Jon's parentage already.

It was really weird, I thought.
Peter Dinklage talked about it. Here's the quote.

Originally Posted by :
He says:

It’s dangerous, for everybody involved. I’m sure it’s good for both of them…in the moment. But you don’t even get the relief of how beautiful it could be or should be. No it’s just — it’s just not good. But it should be! But it’s not. There’s a long history of romance not ending well on this show.”

[Reply]
MagicHef 02:35 PM 08-28-2017
If he knew Cersei wouldn't budge, it may have been the only way he could come up with to get Dany to go North.

However, let's not pretend that Tyrion's plans have been very good lately.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 02:36 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
I figured Ghost MUST be dead. How the hell did Jon not take him North of the Wall when he went?

Did he not die when Jon got knifed by the Crows? I mean, I don't think we saw him even once all year, which is crazy. Nymeria, yes, but not Ghost? WTF?
Last I remember seeing Ghost was when Melisandre resurrected Jon at Castle Black.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:37 PM 08-28-2017
I wonder how far Jamie will go. That's about my favorite part of the episode, him finally fucking leaving his sister, instead of this wishy-washy shit the show his done for years. He's finally at the point on TV where he should have been 3 or 4 years ago. And he can finally start to redeem himself the way he'd started to when he saved Brienne.

So does he straight up tell the Starkgaryen's about the mercenaries and just completely turn his back on his sister?
[Reply]
Radar Chief 02:42 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Interesting. I was taking it as jealousy. Pretty sure he's in love with Dani even though he knows he's been friend zoned.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:47 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Interesting. I was taking it as jealousy. Pretty sure he's in love with Dani even though he knows he's been friend zoned.
Definitely the simplest answer.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:48 PM 08-28-2017
Dinklage knows. Doesn't mean Tyrion does.

My take on his gear grinding outside the door [which is not much because I think it's purposefully cryptic at the moment].

He's tactically concerned about the need for a line of succession, whether named or sired, as discussed explicitly previously.

[Spoiler that's actually rampant speculation, in case you don't even want to think about it]

Spoiler!

He's politically concerned about the optics of his putative pending queen cavorting with a bastard, blithe to matters of state/propriety [not so much news of this specific incident making rounds as future higher profile association and/or unexplained pregnancy].

And finally, not a negligible amount of jealousy/horniness. He's already an established horndog. And he's fairly settled as of royal lineage. Even if he's actively pursuing restraint in his stead as Hand, the myriad and sensible benefits of his nutting instead of Jon has to cross his mind.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:14 PM 08-28-2017
Please god let this mean Dany gets killed.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:44 PM 08-28-2017
You know, I wonder if it really would be all that big of deal to Dany that she's Jon's aunt. The Targ's were an incestuous bunch.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:47 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by listopencil:
You know, I wonder if it really would be all that big of deal to Dany that she's Jon's aunt. The Targ's were an incestuous bunch.
He'll be bothered by the fact that he's been boning his aunt.

She'll be bothered by the fact that HE'S THE FUCKING KING.
[Reply]
DanBecky 03:52 PM 08-28-2017
So Jon is the heir apparent to the throne, this has been speculated for many years. Hasn't he said he doesn't care to be King? He never wanted to be King of the North. Why would he suddenly want to become King of Westeros after he finds out the truth?

Just for the sake of the conversation, say this series has a somewhat happy ending (LOL) and Danny and Jon are married. He can just say, "Hey, I may have the title of King, but she rules the place, I just get to bore her out every night." Crisis averted, Danny doesn't try to kill him in his sleep.
[Reply]
Page 118 of 386
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168218 > Last »
Up