ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 34
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Teedubya getting after it
SuperChief 04:10 PM 09-11-2012
Take that, Chiefs.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments...n_me_to_get_a/

The KC Chiefs just blocked me on Twitter. LOL Last night, I tweeted that for the 4th year in a row, the Chiefs are at the bottom of salary cap spending and that the owner, Clark Hunt, is hoarding cap dollars. The Chiefs commitment to mediocrity has made me not care much about being a fan... They responded with this DM.
http://imgur.com/7VbfJ
I responded that it is good to know that the KC Chiefs have an immature teenager running their social media.
I, as a fan for my whole life of nearly 40 years, who have never seen the Chiefs in a Superbowl, nor have I seen a playoff win in nearly 20 years, nor have I seen a QB drafted in the last 27 years... I have a right to be pissed. The Kansas City Chiefs have no right to be pissy toward the fans. We are the ones paying your salaries. Shame on you, Chiefs. Oh, and congrats on 50 years of being in KC. 10 years of greatness, followed by 40 years of pathetic profiteering.
[Reply]
007 09:53 PM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
dang have to go back and get the sports almanac.
go back? why didn't you take it with you dumbass. :-)
[Reply]
Ace Gunner 09:53 PM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by SPchief:
That is class dawg.
[Reply]
Fish 09:54 PM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
He's saying that their apology was for the broader fan audience, because he'd already been bumped by them. He obviously couldn't see it.
I think it may be that I do not understand how Twitter works... my bad..
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 09:59 PM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by tk13:
This is certainly a pivotal moment in Chiefs history. Tomorrow morning Pioli will be out in the driveway meekly waxing teedubya's car like Biff Tannen waxing George McFly's car.
:-)

Uhh Now Scott, that's TWO coats of wax right?

Just finishing the second coat now Mr. Ari

Scott...

I mean just starting, just starting
[Reply]
Ace Gunner 10:02 PM 09-11-2012
"I have for you and your wonderful family, a season pass to the club section, my friend. You've seen those seats -- they're nice .... !! ..."
[Reply]
LiL stumppy 10:02 PM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan:

Uhh Now Scott, that's TWO coats of wax right?

Just finishing the second coat now Mr. Ari

Scott...

I mean just starting, just starting
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:05 PM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle:
Absolutely but...

Let me clarify. I don't think the Chiefs organization, nor 80% of our fans understand what kind of potential Twitter has. Nor do I think they understand it's use today. Most of our fans cannot grasp the possibilities that social media presents.

Look at the response against ari on the Chiefs websites.
Wow. That is just...insane.
[Reply]
smittysbar 10:07 PM 09-11-2012
This shit is absolutely hilarious!!!!!!!
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:07 PM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Do you really think the number is that high? I'm not disputing it, I'm just surprised.

Twitter is as important, or more so, than any single or conglomerate of websites, including Facebook, for news of the world.
Originally Posted by Me:
Absolutely but...

Let me clarify. I don't think the Chiefs organization, nor 80% of our fans understand what kind of potential Twitter has. Nor do I think they understand it's use today. Most of our fans cannot grasp the possibilities that social media presents.

Look at the response against ari on the Chiefs websites.
Originally Posted by Guru:
Twitter language makes no sense to me. I tried it for a while and got sick of hearing what everyone was doing every minute of the day. Swimming through all the worthless post for the occasional nugget seems like a waste.
Not for me. The language is what it is because of the 140 character limit.

I follow just about every sport writer, tons of actors, directors, colleagues, so on and so forth and I love it. Instant, quick information with no "Chiefzilla-style" verbosity.
The prosecution rests, your honor. It's like getting people to understand al jazeera (america or aj Japan) network. "It's mooslim"!! No, it's very well respected as a news outlet. But you know the reaction you get just from the name.

:-) at chiefzilla. I look at those posts and just go "wall of text"... Next post".

I signed up in 2007. If I'm not mistaken, I think Ari started a thread about Twitter around that same time. Like you Dane, I follow major news outlets, favorite writers in sports, and some folks who interest me around the world.

It's actually how I found out about the tsunami in Japan as my feed went freaking nuts at 0200 that morning. I woke up trying to find it on the news but it wasn't announced for another twenty minutes. Incredible medium for sure.
[Reply]
NewChief 10:15 PM 09-11-2012
The prosecution rests, your honor. It's like getting people to understand al jazeera (america or aj Japan) network. "It's mooslim"!! No, it's very well respected as a news outlet. But you know the reaction you get just from the name.

:-) at chiefzilla. I look at those posts and just go "wall of text"... Next post".

I signed up in 2007. If I'm not mistaken, I think Ari started a thread about Twitter around that same time. Like you Dane, I follow major news outlets, favorite writers in sports, and some folks who interest me around the world.

It's actually how I found out about the tsunami in Japan as my feed went freaking nuts at 0200 that morning. I woke up trying to find it on the news but it wasn't announced for another twenty minutes. Incredible medium for sure.
I was a huge twitter user 4 or so years ago. My wife and I were both really big into it. Then it got very consuming, and it became difficult for me because many of my students began using twitter. It had become my outlet for my edgier personality, so I had to start self-monitoring. Then it was no longer that fun.

Anyway, it was all good back in the day, but I feel like it's going the same route of facebook and becoming passe and past the curve. Reddit/pinterest/instagram all seem to be a little more "cutting edge" at the moment, though I'm not really that interested in them either. In all honesty, I'm a little sick of social media, though I maintain an observational interest and keep up with the trends. I guess I'm getting old and out of touch or something.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:18 PM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I was a huge twitter user 4 or so years ago. My wife and I were both really big into it. Then it got very consuming, and it became difficult for me because many of my students began using twitter. It had become my outlet for my edgier personality, so I had to start self-monitoring. Then it was no longer that fun.

Anyway, it was all good back in the day, but I feel like it's going the same route of facebook and becoming passe and past the curve. Reddit/pinterest/instagram all seem to be a little more "cutting edge" at the moment, though I'm not really that interested in them either. In all honesty, I'm a little sick of social media, though I maintain an observational interest and keep up with the trends. I guess I'm getting old and out of touch or something.
I use Twitter to follow current events and people that are fun (Steve Martin and Albert Brooks immediately come to mind). I have followers, yet Tweet rarely. It's kind of odd for me to tweet daily minutiae.

Plus, the pressure to say something witty or important is a little daunting, especially considering some of my followers.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:20 PM 09-11-2012
I'm not big on posting snippets. Always been a passive user. really. And anymore, ChiefsandO'sfan posts all the national sports before i get a chance to read the feed.
[Reply]
NewChief 10:21 PM 09-11-2012
I use Twitter to follow current events and people that are fun (Steve Martin and Albert Brooks immediately come to mind). I have followers, yet Tweet rarely. It's kind of odd for me to tweet daily minutiae.

Plus, the pressure to say something witty or important is a little daunting, especially considering some of my followers.
I had like 700 followers (not really many in teedubya terms, but my students are always impressed when I tell them I had that many). I used it to engage in local community building as well as discuss teaching politics and culture. As such, I was doing a lot of dialog and retweeting. But yeah, I should probably just create another account and use it passively. I definitely appreciate the medium, but I just haven't gotten back into it (probably because I feel like all the punkass kids got on it and ruined it for me).
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:23 PM 09-11-2012
Those damn kids. Pretty soon you'll be telling them to "get off my lawn".
[Reply]
NewChief 10:24 PM 09-11-2012
Those damn kids. Pretty soon you'll be telling them to "get off my lawn".
Get off my internetz!! You're making it suck!
[Reply]
Page 18 of 34
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up