ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 393 of 2690
« First < 293343383389390391392393 3943953963974034434938931393 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:22 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I used to be a "sit and groom 'em" guy. Then I did some research and realized the vast majority of successful modern QBs had no grooming. Its kind of an urban legend.
there are many teams that have started a qb too early and hung on to them too long for their own good. for example, if stafford didn't extend and went to say houston. his fortunes would have changed. even bradford after twenty years in the league managed to be somewhat successful last year.

maybe if tampa had drafted geno, clay would have been right :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:39 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
Can he take care of the ball? Can he read NFL defenses? Yet to be scene no why he won't start
Can he spaz out? Run for the hills? Miss at least two viable options for positive yardage per play?
Yeah, I'm thinking he could do that.

I used to be a "sit and groom 'em" guy. Then I did some research and realized the vast majority of successful modern QBs had no grooming. Its kind of an urban legend.
I look at like this in the case of Mahomes/KC:

It's a luxury that we shouldn't bind ourselves to.
[Reply]
farmerchief 06:27 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Starting Mahomes in any scenario this season would be disasterous.
Im thinking the best for him, and the team, is if he could win the #2 QB job, and be available for mop up duty in blowouts this season, no matter which side the blowout is on. He would gain valuable experience, which would help in the long run. Just hope Smith doesnt go down with an injury in early part of the season, as Mahomes does need a little "seasoning". But man, I love this pick!:-):-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:31 AM 08-08-2017
Boner. Jamz.
Mahomes will cure the blind with every TD he throws as a Chief
[Reply]
Rausch 06:37 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Mahomes will cure the blind with every TD he throws as a Chief
If Mahomes comes out his first play (whenever that is) and throws a 60 yard TD the birth rate of KC will double the following year.

And a good percentage will likely be conceived in the parking lot...
[Reply]
bigjosh 07:28 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Starting Mahomes in any scenario this season would be disasterous.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:11 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
If Mahomes comes out his first play (whenever that is) and throws a 60 yard TD the birth rate of KC will double the following year.

And a good percentage will likely be conceived in the parking lot...

[Reply]
Rausch 08:21 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Pretty much that...
[Reply]
Dante84 09:16 AM 08-08-2017

Patrick Mahomes deep to Tevin Jones for the touchdown. pic.twitter.com/VrVy3tsTYs

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) August 8, 2017

[Reply]

Patrick Mahomes with an absolute dime deep ball to Marcus Kemp. pic.twitter.com/w7whLq6hCB

[Reply]

Patrick Mahomes' pump fake ���� pic.twitter.com/1QD1WOhKjV

[Reply]
Dante84 09:28 AM 08-08-2017

Patrick Mahomes comes in for Tyler Bray during 11-on-11, but everyone else stays on the field. Looks like he's getting some run w/ the 2's.

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) August 8, 2017

[Reply]
penbrook 09:28 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Dante84:

BJ Kissel @ChiefsReporter
Bray did same thing with Smith earlier with the 1's, so there's that.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:41 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I think people who don't think he can play this year really undervalue his pedigree with his dad playing MLB. Patrick has been throwing and playing sports from age 5. He grew up with it and got to choose between baseball and football if he played football sooner sure it would have been better but he fell in love with football anyways.

He seems to be a quick study and is out there giving his all every day.

People compare him to Bret Farve but I see him more of a mobile Dan Marino and Dan Marino played his rookie year and took Dolphins to the Super Bowl and he was 22.

So it's not unrealistic this kid can shine even thrust into the NFL he was thrust into starting job in High School and college it's just the next level up.
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Dan Marino reflects on his rookie season:

It's been 34 years since Dan Marino broke into the National Football League as a rookie quarterback for the Miami Dolphins, but he remembers it like it was yesterday.

Marino's Hall-of-Fame career had two beginnings back in 1983 - his first appearance in relief of David Woodley in the fourth quarter of a Monday night loss at the Los Angeles Raiders and his first start three weeks later in Miami against the Buffalo Bills.

Historians choose to recall Marino's first touchdown pass to tight end Joe Rose against the Raiders as a sign of things to come, rather than how that Bills game began for him at home.

"My first two series I threw two picks," said Marino. "You've got to have a short memory."

With that approach already ingrained in him, Marino went on to throw three touchdown passes to keep Miami in a tight game with its division rival from Buffalo. The Bills pulled out a 38-35 overtime victory, but the Dolphins would win nine of their last 10 games behind Marino, setting the stage for his legendary second season in 1984.

Marino looked at the behind the scenes for a moment when he shared the story of a conversation that took place on the sidelines between him and veteran safety Lyle Blackwood.

"It was my first start and after the national anthem (safety) Lyle Blackwood comes over to me and he says, 'Dan, it's your first start and I don't want to put any pressure on you at all, but if you play bad we're going to lose.'" Marino recalled. "Then he ran on the field and I was like, 'Okay.' That was it."

And that was it, as Marino never looked back and continued to take the league by storm for 15 more seasons, setting every passing record imaginable until Brett Favre passed him years later. His teammates knew right away that he was going to be something special.

"He was unbelievable," Rose said. "He was accurate, confident and it was just a matter of time. From day one he was so good and everybody looked and just knew it was going to be different. He had the goods."

Even though Marino came into training camp that year dead set on winning the starting job, he knew the odds were not in his favor with David Woodley having started in the Super Bowl.

Hall-of-Fame Head Coach Don Shula told Marino to prepare as if he was going to be the starter and to be ready for whenever that moment arrived, which Marino believes helped with his development.

"I was very fortunate when I first came in the league as I had some talented players around me like Mark Clayton, Mark Duper and Nat Moore," Marino said. "Rookie QB's are going to have to grow as much as they can on the run and that's part of the deal. I would tell them to have a short memory. You're going to have some bad games so you have to keep it going and just turn it loose."

Marino had some thoughts on one of this year's rookie quarterbacks, Patrick Mahomes II. "I've seen him run around pretty good and he made some plays. He reminds me of me except he has better wheels." Marino joked. "They(Chiefs) wouldn't have picked him tenth if they didn't think he could be a big-time player in the league. Andy Reid knows quarterbacks."

Considering the fact that Marino was one of the big-time players of his era and set that as his goal back in that rookie season should only further that opinion.
Told ya'll Dan Marino agrees with me from post 5400 :-)
[Reply]
penbrook 09:46 AM 08-08-2017
Terez A. Paylor @TerezPaylor
Alex with have first quarter, Tyler the second, Pat the third and Stave the fourth
8:45 AM · Aug 8, 2017
[Reply]
Page 393 of 2690
« First < 293343383389390391392393 3943953963974034434938931393 > Last »
Up