ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Not much of a craftsman but I'm pretty proud of this...
pr_capone 11:54 PM 11-19-2007
We installed a doggy door but fat-ass, our 10 yr old wiener dog, can't make it to the door itself when going from out to in. So.... I built her a ramp today. Took me about 3 hours from design to completed product.

I used scraps from the fence we just put up to build it.

Front View

Side View

Just going to lay down some sand paper tommorow so she can get some grip and actually make it up the ramp.
:-)
[Reply]
pr_capone 12:13 AM 11-20-2007
Originally Posted by Phobia:
I really need to know what that grey stuff is there at the apex of the ramp. Is that putty?
No... its my piss poor craftsmanship. lol

The grey stuff is wood.... it is the inside of weather treated fence paneling.

It really is the best I could do with the tools I had available. :-)
[Reply]
Phobia 12:13 AM 11-20-2007
Originally Posted by pr_capone:
The doggy door is mounted 6 inches above the floor on the inside where it is supposed to be. lol

The house sits on a slab so I had to improvise. :-)
Not it's not, not unless the screen door is mounted 4 inches below the slab. You're talking to pros here. I know these things.
[Reply]
pr_capone 12:15 AM 11-20-2007
Seriously though, in 3 hours I could have driven to Wichita, put that thing together, and driven home with 20 minutes to spare. You should hire me next time.
Damn... you guys sure know how to make a guy feel good. :-)

It might be easy for you bud but I am not a handy man in any way shape or form.... my talents lay elsewhere.

On the other hand, give me a completely disassembled computer and I'll have it up and running in no time.
[Reply]
Phobia 12:16 AM 11-20-2007
I'm kidding. It takes 2.5 hours to drive to Wichita.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 12:17 AM 11-20-2007
Damn... you guys sure know how to make a guy feel good. :-)

It might be easy for you bud but I am not a handy man in any way shape or form.... my talents lay elsewhere.

On the other hand, give me a completely disassembled computer and I'll have it up and running in no time.

Dude, I think you did a great job.

f*ck these critical know-it-all's

:-)
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:18 AM 11-20-2007
No... its my piss poor craftsmanship. lol

The grey stuff is wood.... it is the inside of weather treated fence paneling.

It really is the best I could do with the tools I had available. :-)
Believe me, I know the feeling. I've done so much with so little for so long, I can now do anything with nothing.
[Reply]
pr_capone 12:20 AM 11-20-2007
Not it's not, not unless the screen door is mounted 4 inches below the slab. You're talking to pros here. I know these things.
Yes it is *sigh*

Sprite bottle as a point of reference

[Reply]
a1na2 12:21 AM 11-20-2007
The bigger question is: Does the dog use the door and ramp?

If the dog uses it, the purpose is achieved. You do know that when the dog gets a little older you might need to add rails to meet OSHA requirements, you don't the dog to sue you if he/she falls off the ramp! Remember .... safety first!

Phobia is right about one thing. Buy good tools to do the job. Over the years I've been adding to my tool assortment. I plan on doing as much of the finish work on our new home as I can and you gotta have the right tools.
[Reply]
pr_capone 12:24 AM 11-20-2007
Originally Posted by a1na2:
The bigger question is: Does the dog use the door and ramp?
My dog uses the ramp and door... the other one will use the door to get out but slides off the ramp when she tries to go back in.

That is why I will be putting down sandpaper.... give her some grip to make it up the ramp.

Originally Posted by :
Phobia is right about one thing. Buy good tools to do the job. Over the years I've been adding to my tool assortment. I plan on doing as much of the finish work on our new home as I can and you gotta have the right tools.
I plan to..... but TBH, I don't even know where to begin to add my my miniscule tool collection. lol
[Reply]
pr_capone 12:25 AM 11-20-2007
I apologize. I can't expect everybody to be brilliant. You probably did that with a handsaw and roofing nails, huh? My early projects looked like that as well. Buy some decent tools and keep at it.
I actually purchased deck screws for this.
[Reply]
babymama 01:07 AM 11-20-2007
i bet that addition doubles the value of your trailer.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 01:21 AM 11-20-2007
Originally Posted by babymama:
i bet that addition doubles the value of your trailer.
You registered in July on a pro football board and waited for this thread to register post #1 in November? Smack about a weekend handyman job?

You're one strange mama.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 01:27 AM 11-20-2007
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
You registered in July on a pro football board and waited for this thread to register post #1 in November? Smack about a weekend handyman job?

You're one strange mama.
It really does take all kinds...
[Reply]
pr_capone 01:51 AM 11-20-2007
Jeez..... I never claimed to be Bob f00kin Villa here.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 01:53 AM 11-20-2007
Jeez..... I never claimed to be Bob f00kin Villa here.
Can you be Bob Ross?
Attached: bob-ross-the-joy-of-painting-20060403115238486.jpg (70.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up