ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 29
< 123 456713 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The logic of drafting OT in the 1st.
htismaqe 11:00 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
completely in agreement.

Personally, I'm leaning towards a DE in round one if there's a good fit.

But in Veach I trust.
I have to admit, I'm drooling over the thought of Terrance Marshall in this offense. But DE is easily 1b for me, so that would be great too.

Like you, though I completely trust this staff.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:10 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I have to admit, I'm drooling over the thought of Terrance Marshall in this offense. But DE is easily 1b for me, so that would be great too.

Like you, though I completely trust this staff.
I'll just say, every time I run a mock on Drafttek, Jaelen Phillips is there at #32, and Creed Humphrey at #64.

I know, I know, that's not likely accurate, but that's hard to pass up.
[Reply]
mkp785 01:12 PM 01-22-2021
completely in agreement.

Personally, I'm leaning towards a DE in round one if there's a good fit.

But in Veach I trust.
I'll 2nd (3rd?) this statement. Grab our possible Frank replacement/extra rusher in the 1st and hopefully grab a center with our second. We have Niang and the Frenchman coming back next season, so we'll automatically be better.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:17 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
I'll 2nd (3rd?) this statement. Grab our possible Frank replacement/extra rusher in the 1st and hopefully grab a center with our second. We have Niang and the Frenchman coming back next season, so we'll automatically be better.
And there will be far more offensive lineman available for Vet Min in free agency due to expiring contracts and no opt outs.

Chiefs fans will just need to get used to JAG's on the interior because the value just doesn't equal a high pick in the draft.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:10 PM 01-22-2021
the simple fact of the matter is that if the line was a little better, we'd be better in the red zone, running the ball, and protecting Mahomes.
I disagree.

The Chiefs didn't really lose anyone of value on the offensive line to start the season and even with their 4th LG, 2nd Center and 2nd Right Tackle, the Chiefs obliterated the Bills with 245 yards rushing.

The problem is the running back room, which I've been hammering since March 2020. Darrel Williams has improved over his rookie season but he's still not a huge threat because he lacks top end and breakaway speed.

Darwin Award Thompson is a bottom of the roster guy that isn't going to give 100+ yards from scrimmage for 16 weeks and while I was excited about the addition of Leveon Bell, it's pretty clear that he's finished as a lead back and maybe even as a complimentary back.

The Chiefs need another long term complimentary back to CEH because there's no guarantee that 29 year old, Damien Williams will be the same guy as 27 year old Damien Williams, especially when taking into consideration his long injury history.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:56 AM 01-22-2021
Weren't we pretty interested in Cesar Ruiz last year? At least enough that the Saints were too scared to trade back and miss out on him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:06 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Weren't we pretty interested in Cesar Ruiz last year? At least enough that the Saints were too scared to trade back and miss out on him.
Thank God they didn't take him. He was terrible.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:04 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
And he fucking sucked his rookie season.

While I don't put any stock in to PFF, Wylie rated higher than Ruiz, which illustrates why the Chiefs continue to pass on IOL early in the draft.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:19 PM 01-22-2021
And for as much as people think that Austin Reiter "sucks", this particular CBS Sports writer believes that Reiter will be worth $11 million per in Free Agency.

If he can get that, go for it, Dude.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/f...bell-and-more/

Reiter has been a nice find for the Chiefs, who claimed him off waivers back in 2018. He eventually earned a starting role and has proven to be a quality player for a championship-winning squad. This season, Reiter didn't allow a single pressure and wasn't penalized at all, according to PFF. Per Spotrac's market value projection, Reiter could expect to see a contract with an AAV of $11.4 million.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:55 PM 01-22-2021
Looks like we're going to need a new center. Reiter is absolutely not worth that kind of money. I mean, they let Morse go, they won't hesitate to let Reiter go at that rate.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:11 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Looks like we're going to need a new center. Reiter is absolutely not worth that kind of money. I mean, they let Morse go, they won't hesitate to let Reiter go at that rate.
Agreed. If Reiter can get that kind of dough in Free Agency, he should definitely go for it.

The Chiefs recently released rookie Center Darryl Williams from the Practice Squad, so they don't even have a center in their current pipeline.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:03 PM 01-23-2021
I don't think that anyone would disagree that the Chiefs should spend a Day 3 pick on at least one offensive lineman.-Dane

that's all I've been saying. All other arguments are chicken-and-egg arguments and shades of gray.

I'd like to see a mid-rounder or possibly two as I think it's the #1 weakness at the moment.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:02 PM 01-24-2021
I think the logic for drafting an OT in the first rd just went up about 50% unfortunately
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:07 PM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think the logic for drafting an OT in the first rd just went up about 50% unfortunately
Yep, Veach may trade up for a LT because of Fisher's fucked up Achilles
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:17 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That's the kind of panic move bad teams do.

They'll do they're due diligence, maybe move around the cap and see what is available in FA as a stop gap.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 29
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up