ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 92
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About the Bills (AFC Championship Edition)
cmh6476 05:11 PM 01-17-2021
They're pretty good
[Reply]
J Diddy 12:54 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Matter2003:
Lucky thing he doesn't break his knee cap on a QB sneak or get choked out by a defender on a run tho right? Then we would really be in trouble! :-)

LOL I think I call you candy dumb. I can't figure if you're equal parts candyass to dumbass or lean one way or another.

Pat got choked and looped. less than 2 minutes later he's sprinting to the locker room, presumably so he can show what he needs to get back in.

Denver pushed his kneecap to the.side.of. his leg. He hobbled for 50 yards and it popped back in.

You can say what you want puss cakes. Pat's a fucking beast.
[Reply]
Matter2003 12:57 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
Kudos on that whole cherry picking of the stats. "runs by rb only"

The jet sweep, rpo and short passes that are basically runs (i.e. shovel pass to kelce) are a huge part of our game. So spank your dick about being 8 spots behind the running backs, even after we lost our starter.

Newsflash: Not a good way to view that.
We also use jet sweeps and pop passes quite a bit to McKenzie and they work really well.

Exactly how is that cherry picking? The vast majority of running plays go to the running backs(almost 80% for the Chiefs).

Newsflash, passes don't count as runs, they count as passes.
[Reply]
Matter2003 01:02 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
LOL I think I call you candy dumb. I can't figure if you're equal parts candyass to dumbass or lean one way or another.

Pat got choked and looped. less than 2 minutes later he's sprinting to the locker room, presumably so he can show what he needs to get back in.

Denver pushed his kneecap to the.side.of. his leg. He hobbled for 50 yards and it popped back in.

You can say what you want puss cakes. Pat's a ****ing beast.
I think you have spent too much time sniffing nail polish remover while posting.
[Reply]
J Diddy 01:04 AM 01-19-2021
We also use jet sweeps and pop passes quite a bit to McKenzie and they work really well.

Exactly how is that cherry picking? The vast majority of running plays go to the running backs(almost 80% for the Chiefs).

Newsflash, passes don't count as runs, they count as passes.
You miss the point. We have substitutes for the traditional run game which is a significant part of our game. Even with that, we still average more yards per rush by rb than your team.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 04:49 AM 01-19-2021
The amount of people saying Allen is close to overtaking Mahomes. People have such short term memories. They have been starting QBs for the same amount of time.

Allen really didn't play well against the Ravens and he wasn't much better against the Colts. He has had a really good season but they really need to calm down the hype.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:53 AM 01-19-2021
Let's actually take a look at that statement that we can't run at all.

Bills rushing avg: 4.2 YPC (20th in NFL)
Chiefs rushing avg: 4.5 YPC (12th)

-overall team rushing average per carry

Bills RB rushing avg: 4.49 YPC (11th)
Chiefs RB rushing avg: 4.22 YPC (18th)

-RB only rushing average per carry

Bills power success rate: 66% (T 16th)
Chiefs power success rate: 51% (32nd)

-power success is a run on 3rd/4th down of 2 yards or less that results in a first down/TD

Bills stuffed rate: 16.9% (15th)
Chiefs stuffed rate: 17.7% (20th)

-stuff rate is percentage of runs for no gain or loss of yardage

The Bills are actually a better running team than the Chiefs are in a traditional sense with the RBs. They average more yards per carry, are better on power runs and get stuffed less often.

The Chiefs are better overall due to their success with WR runs(Hill/Hardiman) for the most part boosting their average whereas the Bills WR runs were basically no gains or lost yardage.

Kind of what I have been saying all along...the Bills are not "bad" at running, they just don't like to do it. There is a big difference. They would rather drop back and throw it because they think they have an advantage against most teams that way. I would like the Bills to mix in some more runs in this game, although I don't think they will.
I’d be curious to see what those numbers look like since Moss went out?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:03 AM 01-19-2021

Hi @BuffaloBills! Appreciate you watching the show. And those highlights, particularly the one where you sack Tyler Huntley, are very impressive!

Can’t wait for your trip to Arrowhead, Sunday. I don’t imagine this will age poorly, at all, after Mahomes & Co. hang 40 on you. https://t.co/6lejq2iY6s

— nick wright (@getnickwright) January 19, 2021

[Reply]
kccrow 07:24 AM 01-19-2021
That video is more hilarious in that Nick wasn't wrong aside from the outcome. The Ravens had the better defense in that game. The Ravens ran the ball straight up for a buck fiddy. So, he wasn't wrong in those regards. Kind of silly to pimp that for the Bills. For the Bills, it truly was a miracle they won that game.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:31 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
That video is more hilarious in that Nick wasn't wrong aside from the outcome. The Ravens had the better defense in that game. The Ravens ran the ball straight up for a buck fiddy. So, he wasn't wrong in those regards. Kind of silly to pimp that for the Bills. For the Bills, it truly was a miracle they won that game.
Both QBs in that game were bad but Ravens offensive playcalling was stunningly atrocious.

So your team is good at power running and throwing over the middle.

Buffalo is susceptible to both

So constantly play away from your strengths and into the other team.

Example: 3rd and 6 let's run a slow developing sweep to the outside on Buffalo.

Reminded me of Steelers who kept trying little passes to the outside.
[Reply]
Matter2003 08:14 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Stats without context are meaningless. Lazy use of them by you.

32 of the yards came by their backup QB down 14. 20 of those came on a 3rd and 32 from their own 1 yard line. Those yards were useless. They were already down 17-3.

So when the game was in the balance, the Ravens ran for 118 yards, and for an average of about 4.1 YPC. Both well below their averages for the year. If you watched the game, other than 4 runs that gained a total of about 60 yards(literally the first 3 plays of the first drive and 1 a 15 yard scramble by Jackson on a 3rd and 14 later in the game), they did almost nothing running the ball. They were not able to consistently move the ball and constantly were in 3rd and long all game where they cannot really operate well.

That was a masterclass on defense on how to shut that offense down. They scored 3 points.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:15 AM 01-19-2021
Stats without context are meaningless. Lazy use of them by you.

32 of the yards came by their backup QB down 14. 20 of those came on a 3rd and 32. Those yards were useless. They were already down 17-3.

So when the game was in the balance, the Ravens for 118 yards, and for an average of about 4.1 YPC. Both well below their averages for the year. If you watched the game, other than 4 runs that gained a total of about 60 yards(literally the first 3 plays of the first drive and 1 a 15 yard scramble by Jackson on a 3rd and 14 later in the game), they did almost nothing running the ball. They were not able to consistently move the ball and constantly were in 3rd and long all game where they cannot really operate well.

That was a masterclass on defense on how to shut that offense down. They scored 3 points.
:-)
[Reply]
Matter2003 08:15 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Both QBs in that game were bad but Ravens offensive playcalling was stunningly atrocious.

So your team is good at power running and throwing over the middle.

Buffalo is susceptible to both

So constantly play away from your strengths and into the other team.

Example: 3rd and 6 let's run a slow developing sweep to the outside on Buffalo.

Reminded me of Steelers who kept trying little passes to the outside.
Other than the first 3 runs of the game where Buffalo needed to make a few adjustments to their gap fits, how many runs up the middle did you see that worked for the Ravens? I can't even think of one.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:18 AM 01-19-2021
Other than the first 3 runs of the game where Buffalo needed to make a few adjustments to their gap fits, how many runs up the middle did you see that worked for the Ravens? I can't even think of one.
Ravens were too spread out. The runs up the middle are always there against Buffalo.

Poor coaching, bad QB play, missed field goals.

Lamar had guys running wide open and he kept missing them as well as his terrible read on the pick 6 that swung the game 14 points.

Were the Ravens running a "masterclass" of defense on Buffalo as well?
[Reply]
Matter2003 08:19 AM 01-19-2021
:-)
When you actually understand what you are watching, it helps. Maybe go watch some in depth breakdowns of the game that are out there because clearly you struggle with that aspect.
[Reply]
Matter2003 08:26 AM 01-19-2021
Ravens were too spread out. The runs up the middle are always there against Buffalo.

Poor coaching, bad QB play, missed field goals.

Lamar had guys running wide open and he kept missing them as well as his terrible read on the pick 6 that swung the game 14 points.

Were the Ravens running a "masterclass" of defense on Buffalo as well?
If you watched the game you would have seen it clearly was not there. Bills stacked the box and many times were playing a "bear front", with a DT lined up directly over the center and 2 other lineman lined up directly over the guards. This caused all kinds of issues for the Ravens because they love pulling guards and using the center to reach block on either side. When the guards pulled, the Bills defenders simply shot the gap and ended up in the backfield to disrupt the play and had contain on both sides so there was literally nowhere to go whether Lamar kept the ball or handed it off. Part of the reason the center was having bad snaps was because he was trying to hurry up and execute a reach block a defensive end with a player lined up directly over him at the snap, which is almost an impossible ask for him to do that against that type of defense...just bad coaching and no adjustment from Roman.

Additionally, Harrison Phillips has been the 2nd best run defender in term of run stops in the entire NFL over the 2nd half of the year. He came back from a torn ACL last year and obviously wasn't his normal self over the first half of the season. Actually was inactive for a few games during that time. A big reason the Bills only were allowing an average of 94 yards rushing against the last 8 games.

He kept missing guys because he was under pressure all nigh with guys in his face. He is NOT a good QB in terms of dropping back and throwing it, like when you were a kid playing pick up basketball and there was always the one kid nobody ever bothered guarding when he had an open shot because he always missed and you called him a "self-check". Bills told Lamar we think you are a self-check in that regard, prove us a wrong and he couldn't for most of the night.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 92
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Up