ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Breeland returning in 2021?
Megatron96 01:54 PM 01-08-2021
Pro Football Focus projects that Bashaud Breeland will be back with the Chiefs in 2020 and beyond.

Originally Posted by :
"It might feel a bit off to think about the upcoming NFL free agency period as a fan of the Kansas City Chiefs, but looking around, it’s clear that most NFL fan bases are already dreaming of what could be in 2021. For that reason, the folks over at Pro Football Focus have put together their list of Top 100 Free Agents along with their predictions of where they will land. For the Chiefs, their lone projection is that they’ll bring back a familiar face.

Cornerback Bashaud Breeland comes in at No. 90 overall on their list, and their analysis has him landing a two-year deal worth up to $10 million ($5.5M guaranteed) to stay with the Chiefs in 2021 and beyond.

Breeland has certainly been a welcome addition back this season, especially given how well he performed for the team after returning from a four-game suspension to start the year. After L’Jarius Sneed went down with a fractured collarbone and missed several games following a strong start, Breeland’s return helped stabilize the secondary and gave the Chiefs plenty of depth down the stretch as everyone came back healthy."
Complete article here:
https://arrowheadaddict.com/2021/01/...e-sign-chiefs/
[Reply]
Hydrae 01:59 PM 01-08-2021
With Ward, Fenton, Snead, Baker and you can include Keyes, I am not sure how much need there is for us to worry about keeping Breeland. :-)
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:01 PM 01-08-2021
With his pending issues i could see them offering him a 2 year but actually 1 year type deal.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 02:02 PM 01-08-2021
I would love to have Breeland back. As we have seen, cant have to many quality CBs.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 02:03 PM 01-08-2021
DB market has been a weird one the last few years. I could see him returning if he doesn't get many offers but I feel like he has played well enough that he will have some suitors
[Reply]
arrwheader 02:03 PM 01-08-2021
I would think, especially if the Chiefs win the SB again. Most of these guys will take discounts to stay. They have the best team two years running. Why go somewhere else? Depending on the player obviously if you were a star commanding a ton of cash then yea but these type of guys I would think the money they would make elsewhere is marginal and a trade off to having a great coach and team. Also of course Mahomes.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:03 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
With Ward, Fenton, Snead, Baker and you can include Keyes, I am not sure how much need there is for us to worry about keeping Breeland. :-)
I would tend to agree, and I like Breeland. Plus, it's PFF, and they can post some 'interesting' stuff.

But after reading the article, they make it seem possible. There is no real timetable for Baker returning. And as much as i like what I saw out of Sneed, it's possible he could have a sophomore slump. And the Chiefs have had some injury issues in the secondary over the past two seasons.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 02:05 PM 01-08-2021
I would need to know how he goes about evaluating the bills first
[Reply]
Dante84 02:06 PM 01-08-2021
Chiefs signing 1 FA from the top 100, and its our own guy Breezy? Come on... some of those guys will be willing to take a haircut to play with the MVP.

Also they have both Bell and Aaron Jones going to Miami, which seems odd.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:17 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Chiefs signing 1 FA from the top 100, and its our own guy Breezy? Come on... some of those guys will be willing to take a haircut to play with the MVP.

Also they have both Bell and Aaron Jones going to Miami, which seems odd.
Aaron Jones? Why on God's green Earth would Aaron Jones go to MIA? He not happy working with a HOF QB and knowing that the playoffs are a lock every year?
[Reply]
staylor26 02:20 PM 01-08-2021
I’m all for that. The offseason incident along with his age should keep his price down a little.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:21 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
I would think, especially if the Chiefs win the SB again. Most of these guys will take discounts to stay.
After winning a 2nd championship someone like Breeland SHOULD chase the money. He will have won his championship, proven he's a SB caliber player. The only thing left to achieve is a payday. He has no need to take a discount to pursue a championship at that point.
[Reply]
sedated 02:24 PM 01-08-2021
Even with Ward under control, one would think he will be itching for a new deal sometime soon.
[Reply]
old_geezer 02:27 PM 01-08-2021
Maybe I've missed something (I don't follow the stats that closely.) but I was underwhelmed by Keyes this year and with Baker coming off of a serious injury I would be very happy to retain Breeland.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:27 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
After winning a 2nd championship someone like Breeland SHOULD chase the money. He will have won his championship, proven he's a SB caliber player. The only thing left to achieve is a payday. He has no need to take a discount to pursue a championship at that point.
Kind of had the same thought. he tried to test the market last season, but there weren't any takers, so he took what the Chiefs wanted to give him.

It seems reasonable that he'd test the market again.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up