ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 72
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
The Franchise 11:53 AM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
So after reading everything Dane posted, you're still of the belief that the only possible reason he hasn't been hired is because of racism?
He’s saying that he thinks he should turn down interviews so that teams can’t use him as a Rooney rule interview.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:58 AM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He’s saying that he thinks he should turn down interviews so that teams can’t use him as a Rooney rule interview.
But the “racist shitbags” part does kind of imply that there’s still racism there somewhere.

I think what’s being overlooked here is the response they would get if they didn’t interview him. They’d be called racists for that too.

It’s really a no-win situation.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:02 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But the “racist shitbags” part does kind of imply that there’s still racism there somewhere.

I think what’s being overlooked here is the response they would get if they didn’t interview him. They’d be called racists for that too.

I can’t talk for him but it’s pretty obvious when teams interview one token minority coach every time there is an opening and then hire a lackluster coach.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:10 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I like EB but this whole thing is also really unfair to Kafka. He deserves a shot and I'd really like to see what he can do.
It’s not hurting Kafka. They have given him raises with added job titles the last couple years and him being the passing game coordinator will likely afford him as many opportunities as being the OC would because

A. Everyone knows it’s Andy’s show

B. The league revolves around the passing game
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:14 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Fair enough, but like staylor said he does kinda imply racism

I'm all for forgiving youthful indiscretions, and understanding that those incidents dont necessarily have to define a man

But when it comes to the high stakes world of hiring NFL head coaches, Eric brings some considerable baggage with him
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:41 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't know, man. I just read a thread over at PFT in which people claimed he'd been arrested for sexual assault, which I had no idea happened, then did a Google search on him.

Holy shit! I just can't see any NFL hiring him as a head coach in today's society.

DUI's, misdemeanor charges of harassment, giving false information and interfering with Fire Department personnel, assaulting a campus parking attendant that led to a one year ban of the Colorado campus, supplying alcohol and girls to recruits and on and on an on.

I understand that people "change" and grow but whoever hires him better be prepared for a massive PR backlash and considering there are questions about his true role on the Chiefs, I can also understand why teams just don't want to deal with it.
Oh look..this clown is still continuing to smear eb's name with dangerous, NOT PROVEN "sexual assault" lines and drags up bs from when eb WAS A DUMB KID IN COLLEGE but guess who just got rehired by the pats?? Oh yes our friend MATT PATRICIA!!..i guess they still "don't know" about his rape case!!..huh dummy? :-)

Matt Patricia's case underminds you, and any other fool who tries to claim eb isn't getting a job because of minor brushes with the law THIRTY FRIKKING YEARS AGO...keep spreading lies and internet rumours and i'll keep shutting you down with FACTS...PERIOD.
[Reply]
Coogs 12:42 PM 01-23-2021
So after reading everything Dane posted, you're still of the belief that the only possible reason he hasn't been hired is because of racism?
That's not really new information, but it is relevant to the situation. It had been brought up several times in this thread, and last year too for that matter.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:45 PM 01-23-2021
Fair enough, but like staylor said he does kinda imply racism

I'm all for forgiving youthful indiscretions, and understanding that those incidents dont necessarily have to define a man

But when it comes to the high stakes world of hiring NFL head coaches, Eric brings some considerable baggage with him
It's pretty clear now why Bieniemy hasn't been hired because his offenses go well beyond just "youthful indiscretions". Multiple arrests for a variety of alleged crimes including assault of a Fireman, assault against a female parking attendant in which he grabbed her neck, multiple speeding offenses, DUI's and the kicker, luring underage recruits with women and alcohol, which occurred while he was in his 30's.

This is a man that was repeatedly arrested and repeatedly disobeyed the law time and time and time again because his ability on the football field gave him a pass to do whatever he wanted, with absolutely no consequences.

The unfortunate byproduct of his off-the-field behavior was a completely shitty NFL career. This was a guy that was absolutely amazing in college and led the Colorado Buffaloes to the National Title in 1990, yet he had only 1,223 rushing yards in 9 NFL seasons, which sucks ass as a 2nd round pick.

And to address Billay's comment about the local media, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Chiefs front office asked the local media to back off Bieniemy's background because if all of the info was blasted by the Star and local news, there's a good chance that it would completely ruin his life. By all accounts, he's done well since beginning his NFL coaching career in 2006 and I think most people would hate to see him become a victim of "Cancel Culture".

But wow, it's going to take a special type of owner and front office to want to take on the PR backlash that would accompany hiring him as a Head Coach, so it's totally understandable why a team hasn't wanted to take on that challenge, especially when we're talking about teams that are already facing "football challenges" in terms of Wins and Losses, personnel, scheme and their overall organizations.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:47 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:

There’s racism at work, yes.

If teams will never hire a coach with his checkered past, and if Bieniemy were white, presumably nobody would interview him. Bieniemy is black, so he gets interviews, but then he gets declined over and over again. It’s a complete waste of his time, all because he’s black.

Teams can interview any fucking black coach to satisfy the Rooney Rule. Why does it have to be him? Especially if he’s going to get ZERO consideration for the job going in
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:49 PM 01-23-2021
Once again for the dummy DANE above MATT PATRICIA JUST GOT HIRED AGAIN!!!..YOUR ARGUMENT HOLDS NO WEIGHT AT ALL BECAUSE MOST OF EB'S ISSUES ARE ALLEGED...NOT PROVEN.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:49 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Coogs:
That's not really new information, but it is relevant to the situation. It had been brought up several times in this thread, and last year too for that matter.
All I was aware of before today, was a DUI and allegations of trying to cover up rape accusations against some players... turns out there was quite a bit more smoke than that

That said, I dont wanna sit here and run him down... he's our guy now, and he's been a damn good one by all accounts
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:51 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Oh look..this clown is still continuing to smear eb's name with dangerous, NOT PROVEN "sexual assault" lines and drags up bs from when eb WAS A DUMB KID IN COLLEGE but guess who just got rehired by the pats?? Oh yes our friend MATT PATRICIA!!..i guess they still "don't know" about his rape case!!..huh dummy? :-)
He was in his 30's when it was reported by ESPN that he was luring recruits with alcohol and women.

And again, I'm just linking stories. I wouldn't have anything to link if Bienemy's record was clean.

Matt Patricia's case underminds you, and any other fool who tries to claim eb isn't getting a job because of minor brushes with the law THIRTY FRIKKING YEARS AGO...keep spreading lies and internet rumours and i'll keep shutting you down with FACTS...PERIOD.
And once again, Patricia was hired, signed, sealed and delivered before his indictment was revealed by the Detroit Free Press.

And no, Bieniemy was arrested for a DUI in 2001, which was less than 20 years ago, when he was in his 30's.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:52 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's pretty clear now why Bieniemy hasn't been hired because his offenses go well beyond just "youthful indiscretions". Multiple arrests for a variety of alleged crimes including assault of a Fireman, assault against a female parking attendant in which he grabbed her neck, multiple speeding offenses, DUI's and the kicker, luring underage recruits with women and alcohol, which occurred while he was in his 30's.

This is a man that was repeatedly arrested and repeatedly disobeyed the law time and time and time again because his ability on the football field gave him a pass to do whatever he wanted, with absolutely no consequences.

The unfortunate byproduct of his off-the-field behavior was a completely shitty NFL career. This was a guy that was absolutely amazing in college and led the Colorado Buffaloes to the National Title in 1990, yet he had only 1,223 rushing yards in 9 NFL seasons, which sucks ass as a 2nd round pick.

And to address Billay's comment about the local media, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Chiefs front office asked the local media to back off Bieniemy's background because if all of the info was blasted by the Star and local news, there's a good chance that it would completely ruin his life. By all accounts, he's done well since beginning his NFL coaching career in 2006 and I think most people would hate to see him become a victim of "Cancel Culture".

But wow, it's going to take a special type of owner and front office to want to take on the PR backlash that would accompany hiring him as a Head Coach, so it's totally understandable why a team hasn't wanted to take on that challenge, especially when we're talking about teams that are already facing "football challenges" in terms of Wins and Losses, personnel, scheme and their overall organizations.
He does have a checkered past, but that was 15-20 years ago, the media is glossing over that now and would probably do so if he was hired as they are afraid of any negative narrative regarding race, whether fair game or not. I would give Bienemy a shot, and I think he is already Houston's next HC... JMO
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:52 PM 01-23-2021
Once again for the dummy DANE above MATT PATRICIA JUST GOT HIRED AGAIN!!!..YOUR ARGUMENT HOLDS NO WEIGHT AT ALL BECAUSE MOST OF EB'S ISSUES ARE ALLEGED...NOT PROVEN.
Not as a head coach
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:56 PM 01-23-2021
All I was aware of before today, was a DUI and allegations of trying to cover up rape accusations against some players... turns out there was quite a bit more smoke than that

That said, I dont wanna sit here and run him down... he's our guy now, and he's been a damn good one by all accounts
Instead of listening to that dumb smear artist..use your own brain and ask yourself if the media would hold back on eb and be calling for him to get a job if he done the things the smear artist is saying? It's lies. Do i believe the dui and think he had a few altercations as a kid? Yes..but that was thirty frikking years ago. Patricia allegedly raped someone and is still in the league today..what is worse? Smh.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 72
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Up