ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 72
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:40 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't know, man. I just read a thread over at PFT in which people claimed he'd been arrested for sexual assault, which I had no idea happened, then did a Google search on him.

Holy shit! I just can't see any NFL hiring him as a head coach in today's society.

DUI's, misdemeanor charges of harassment, giving false information and interfering with Fire Department personnel, assaulting a campus parking attendant that led to a one year ban of the Colorado campus, supplying alcohol and girls to recruits and on and on an on.

I understand that people "change" and grow but whoever hires him better be prepared for a massive PR backlash and considering there are questions about his true role on the Chiefs, I can also understand why teams just don't want to deal with it.
Whoa link?
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:43 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Whoa link?
Yeah no kidding, never saw any of this. If so his problem getting hired makes much more sense.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:05 PM 01-22-2021
Whoa link?
I had a bunch of links up earlier in my browser. Let me see if I can find them again. The Cincy Jungle site had links to a bunch of the newspaper reports.

Here's a link that leads to a bunch more links.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/6...joseph-broncos

Over the course of his collegiate career, Bieniemy’s driving record was docked several times in Colorado for a multitude of minor occurrences, but they piled up to the point where he had his license suspended for a year. Months later in March, he was caught speeding in the state and was forced to post a $1,000 bond. He failed to appear for his court date for driving with a suspended license and then was faced with several weeks in jail for leaving the scene of an accident just weeks later.

In 1991, Bieniemy’s license was suspended for a year following repeated infractions. He later received an on-campus ban from the University of Colorado for harassing and assaulting a parking lot attendant. In addition, he was arrested for DUI in 2001. Bieniemy also worked on Colorado’s coaching staff when the program had multiple players facing rape allegations.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:11 PM 01-22-2021
In 2001, Bieniemy was hired as Colorado’s running backs coach, but was arrested in April of that year for a DUI. As a known legend in the program, Bieniemy was also a major figure in the recruiting process. During his two years there, several rape allegations were pressed against Colorado players, and Bieniemy’s time there ended while the school was under investigation.

https://www.sportscasting.com/chiefs...ainst-a-woman/

According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Colorado police arrested Bieniemy and teammate Kanvavis McGhee following a February 1998 bar fight. Bieniemy was charged with disorderly conduct and fighting in public, but he pleaded no contest. He and McGhee each received deferred sentences and performed court-mandated community service.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, Bienemy pleaded no contest after allegedly shoving a firefighter on July 4, 1990. Colorado suspended Bieniemy for one game in the upcoming season.

Colorado police once again arrested Bieniemy, then in the NFL, in September 1993. The Orlando Sentinel reported that Bieniemy allegedly grabbed a female parking attendant by the neck and threatened her.

The University of Colorado Boulder banned Bieniemy from its campus for one year as a result.

According to the Daily Bruin, Colorado police arrested Bieniemy on a DUI charge in April 2001, three months after he joined the football staff as a running backs coach. He previously had his driver’s license suspended after numerous violations.

Bieniemy was also linked to allegations that Colorado’s football program “used alcohol and sex to lure recruits.” ESPN reported in 2004 that the university discovered there was evidence of drugs and alcohol being used to “entice recruits,” but no university officials were guilty of misconduct.

Bieniemy left Colorado after the 2002 season to take the same position at UCLA.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:18 PM 01-22-2021
There's more detail on some sites than others but it's all there in print.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:25 PM 01-22-2021
Jesus fuck. This was a day after he was drafted in 1991! He sounds like a typical college athlete who'd had his ass kissed his entire life and never took responsibility for anything wrong that he'd done.

I don't think these guys exist in the same manner in 2021 as they did in the 80's, or at least I hope not. I had several friends play at major colleges, so I saw some of this behavior first hand.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...497-story.html

SAN DIEGO — Before they give running back Eric Bieniemy the football, the Chargers might want to ask for his car keys. Bieniemy, Colorado’s all-time scoring and rushing leader, arrived Monday in San Diego after being selected in Round 2 of the NFL draft a day earlier, then tried to explain why the police want him as badly as the Chargers.

A bench warrant has been issued in Colorado for Bieniemy’s arrest for failing to appear in Garfield Associate County Court on charges of driving with a suspended license and for speeding. “It was a mix-up in court dates,” Bieniemy said.

This latest scrape with the law, however, has nothing to do with Bieniemy’s May 1 pretrial conference in Boulder on charges of leaving the scene of an accident. “That, too, was also a misunderstanding,” a smiling Bieniemy said.

It should also not be confused with the three previous traffic violations that led to the suspension of his driving privileges or his plea of no contest to charges of interfering with a firefighter on duty last July 4.

“That was another odd incident that happened,” Bieniemy said.

And that business about pleading no contest to disorderly conduct charges for a barroom brawl--that’s old news.

“That was another unfortunate mishap,” Bieniemy said.

Aurora assistant city attorney Mike Hyman, however, told the Rocky Mountain News in Denver that Bieniemy’s most recent problems with the law might jeopardize the eight-month deferred judgment he received in September for interfering with a firefighter.

“Does that make him a bad player?” said Coach Dan Henning.

General Manager Bobby Beathard said the Chargers did their homework on Bieniemy before the draft, and he said this is one fine young man. However, trouble pursues Bieniemy like a hyperactive linebacker.

It began his freshman year at CU when he responded to a racial slur in a bar by becoming embroiled in a fight. A year later, Bieniemy was ticketed in Westminster, Colo., for driving a defective vehicle and received two points on his driving record. Drivers in Colorado are allowed eight points on their driving records before their driving privileges are suspended.

Three months later Bieniemy was ticketed in Aurora for speeding and four more points were added to his record. An improper left turn in October last year resulted in another ticket, three points and the suspension of his license. His license was to remain suspended until this October.

On March 21, however, he was stopped on I-70 outside Rifle, Colo., going 92 m.p.h. in a 65 m.p.h. zone. “I thought it was 84 m.p.h. or something,” Bieniemy said. “I was coming out to California on spring break.” Kathy Schouten, the clerk of Garfield Associate County Court, said Bieniemy will have to post a $1,000 bond to free himself from the bench warrant, and then still will have to answer charges of driving with a suspended license and speeding.

“He was summoned to appear on April 10 and called and said he had no way of getting here and was granted a continuance to April 17,” Schouten said. “He failed to appear. It’s a mandatory appearance; it can’t be handled just through the mail.”

Bieniemy said his Denver-based lawyer, Richard Myers, was handling the matter for him. “If you have any questions, call him,” he said. Myers’ secretary said he was out of town and unavailable for comment. “No attorney has been in contact with us,” Schouten said.

Bieniemy’s mother, Fern St. Cyr, acknowledged her son’s license had been suspended but was upset with the attention afforded to the bench warrant that was issued April 17. “His attorney has seen about it,” she said. “I don’t know why it got out or what’s going on. You know how the press is here (in Denver). Whenever something happens with Eric, it’s faxed all over the nation.” Bieniemy faces 10 to 90 days in jail, fines of $10 to $300 and 12 additional points added to his driving record if he’s found guilty of leaving the scene of an accident. “I thought once you exchanged information you could leave the scene,” he said. “I went home and reported it to the police and then they arrested me for leaving the scene.”

Bieniemy reportedly told the police he was only a passenger in his friend’s car at the time of the accident, but the driver of the other car identified Bieniemy as the driver.“Are you thinking of getting a chauffeur?” asked a reporter after listening to Bieniemy’s driving escapades. “That’s cold,” Bieniemy said. “That’s cold.” Bieniemy, however, might be headed for more hot water.

Last July 4, firefighters responded to a call at the home of Bieniemy’s mother in Aurora. Bieniemy allegedly identified himself to authorities as his brother after allegedly throwing a forearm into a firefighter.

“My little brother had put some fireworks in a plastic bag, and so the fire started and we put it out,” Bieniemy said. “Since the fire was next to the wall, they thought it was electrical. I said, ‘Excuse me, sir, the fire started in the trash bag.’ “I feel that if somebody is going to tear down your wall you should stop them. But basically I interfered with fire department policy. “There was no contact whatsoever. If you check it out, there was no contact. Look at the charges.”

Bieniemy pleaded no contest to the charge of interfering with a firefighter, and charges of harassment and providing false information were dismissed. Judgment was deferred, and Bieniemy was instructed to do 40 hours of community service and attend an eight-hour firefighting training session. Bieniemy, however, said the firefighting training session was “an option. That was optional,” and he said he chose not to do it. But Hyman, Aurora’s assistant city attorney, said it was not optional. It was one of the stipulations he agreed to when he pleaded no contest. He said Bieniemy’s case will be reviewed in May, and the results of the other charges might impact the outcome.

Bieniemy was suspended for Colorado’s season opener by Coach Bill McCartney because of his problem with the Aurora fire department, and the organizers of the Doak Walker Award would not allow Bieniemy’s name to appear on the ballot for the selection of the nation’s top running back. “Eric has experienced problems that cast serious doubts regarding his citizenship,” wrote Walker Sterring Committee chairman, William Lively, in a letter to CU. Bieniemy went on to finish third in the voting for the Heisman Trophy and gained 1,628 yards last season with a 5.7-yard average.

“I’ve had a lot of ups and downs since I’ve been in college,” Bieniemy said. “Maybe more downs that ups. I’m growing. I’m developing. I’m a young man, and you learn through bad events how to become a good person. “When I got to the plane today, I said to myself, ‘Oh, God, they’re (reporters) are going to eat me up today. I better be ready.” He was. He took on all questions and had an answer for each one. “I’m a good person,” he said. “I can understand the impression some people will have because that’s the impression I’d get, too. But I feel once everybody gets to know me, everybody’s opinion will change.”

The Chargers like what they see. He fumbled 21 times in his career but remained highly productive. They have a 5-foot-7 running back who can cover 40 yards in 4.45 seconds and bench-press 330 pounds. “When he was recruited out of high school (quarterbacks coach) Ted Tollner tried to recruit him at USC, and Ted said he was one of the most quality kids he ever went after,” Henning said. “My son has had two wrecks since we came to San Diego and he’s a pretty good kid.

“I’m not worried . . . I’ve had guys here who spit on sportswriters. I think this is a good pick. I don’t think you can ever be caught without enough good running backs. And this is a good one.”
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:28 PM 01-22-2021
And yet I haven't heard our local media bring this up. Totally fucking worthless they are. Yeah hes lucky to have his current job. So now we know what "hes a bad interviewer" means.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:30 PM 01-22-2021
And yet I haven't heard our local media bring this up. Totally fucking worthless they are. Yeah hes lucky to have his current job. So now we know what "hes a bad interviewer" means.
And Dude, that TJ Simers column from the LA Times was from May 1991!

That doesn't even include his assault of a female parking attended or the ESPN report of him luring recruits using alcohol and whores, the additional DUI's and so on.

I can understand why teams don't want to go into detail as to why EB hasn't been hired but holy shit, if I can find all this stuff in 2 second Google search, who knows what else serious detective work could find.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:52 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
This is so much of fake news
Your ass is showing.
[Reply]
joethomas 11:35 PM 01-22-2021
I can see why teams would shy away given that there were rape allegations made against players. Regardless of whether EB did anything wrong, the media vultures would make a big deal out of it with rumor and innuendo and the team has a crisis right out of the gate and there's nothing they can do with it. I can see Florio's crocodile tears already. Teams will probably see there are other qualified candidates and see this one as not being worth the risk.

EB seems to be a different man today but his is how the world is now, nothing is ever in the past, rumors are facts, and all stains are permanent. It's sad because EB seems like a good candidate, but things you did in your younger days are still held against you decades later now.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:37 PM 01-22-2021
The Colorado program was a total mess under Bill McCartney.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:04 AM 01-23-2021
Fine. Dont hire him. That way we keep him. I am good with that.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:06 AM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Fine. Dont hire him. That way we keep him. I am good with that.
I like EB but this whole thing is also really unfair to Kafka. He deserves a shot and I'd really like to see what he can do.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:25 AM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
And Dude, that TJ Simers column from the LA Times was from May 1991!

That doesn't even include his assault of a female parking attended or the ESPN report of him luring recruits using alcohol and whores, the additional DUI's and so on.

I can understand why teams don't want to go into detail as to why EB hasn't been hired but holy shit, if I can find all this stuff in 2 second Google search, who knows what else serious detective work could find.
Then something needs to be done. You're gonna automatically pass on a guy no matter what he does in the interview? Then stop interviewing him.

There's got to be a way for Bieniemy to say, "I'm not your Rooney Rule n-word, racist shitbags. Either consider me a real option for the job or get raped to death."

In, of course, nicer language than that.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:40 AM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Then something needs to be done. You're gonna automatically pass on a guy no matter what he does in the interview? Then stop interviewing him.

There's got to be a way for Bieniemy to say, "I'm not your Rooney Rule n-word, racist shitbags. Either consider me a real option for the job or get raped to death."

In, of course, nicer language than that.
So after reading everything Dane posted, you're still of the belief that the only possible reason he hasn't been hired is because of racism?
[Reply]
Page 59 of 72
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Up