Page 3 of 111
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:39 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd lean Ballard, but the Rivers deal remains a really strange one.

The organization writ large is the best in the NFL and that's enough for me.
Ballard has been great for them, but he's also been quite conservative and tight with the money.

It's probably the responsible and best approach, sure, but I can't help but think that some of those years could have ended differently for them if he had just been a little more aggressive in free agency.

It's one thing to not make any sudden moves when you're not sure about the health of your QB, but it's another to be among the top handful of teams in available cap space year after year after year.
[Reply]
O.city 12:39 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think it was O.City that said we have the best coach this franchise has likely ever had or will have. And he's not wrong (top 5 of all time).

In a sport where the 2 most important things to have are a HC and a QB, we have the two best in the history of the franchise and guys who will almost certainly be among the best 5 of all time (with a legit shot at top 3 for both).

Definitely the salad days for the organization.

Gotta make hay while the sun is shining - the next decade is the best we'll ever see for Chiefs football.
That o.city knows his shit. for Sure.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:40 PM 07-14-2020
Such a difference from the King Carl-era when prolonged holdouts/pissing matches with players and their agents became standard operating procedure.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:45 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Can’t wait till he drafts Mahomes replacement in 15+ years when everybody thinks we’re done

:-)
With advances in medicine Mahomes will play until he's 61.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:46 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
With advances in medicine Mahomes will play until he's 61.
He needs to have kids already so Mahomes Jr can take over
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:48 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Already thought of that...

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
With future advances in medicine this might only be the first in a series of three 10-year contract extensions he signs with us.

Then he retires 32 years from now after racking up 29 more championships for us, just in time for Heisman Trophy winning QB Patrick Lavon Mahomes III to take over.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:51 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Stop it.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:54 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Ballard has been great for them, but he's also been quite conservative and tight with the money.

It's probably the responsible and best approach, sure, but I can't help but think that some of those years could have ended differently for them if he had just been a little more aggressive in free agency.

It's one thing to not make any sudden moves when you're not sure about the health of your QB, but it's another to be among the top handful of teams in available cap space year after year after year.
This is exactly why I give Veach the edge here.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:12 PM 07-14-2020
Can Veach get to work on the coronavirus vaccine so we can move past that?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:20 PM 07-14-2020
Veach was the best GM in the NFL last year when he took a shoestring budget and in mid-damn-season turned our defense from worst to arguably top 5. This is just icing on the cake.

It's a perfect situation. Brilliant GM, team players, and a coach so damn good at this that his players will make sacrifices to stay on this team.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:21 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

I think he got caught in between.

Early on in his tenure there, they had a ton of cap space but hadn't built a foundation around Luck. Then Ballard steps in and gets that foundation built damn near overnight....and Luck walks away.

He was tip-toeing forward last season w/ stuff like the Houston deal and then got more aggressive this season w/ a move like Buckner. But I think if he had Luck still you'd have seen a similar off-season in 2020 to what Veach did in 2019.

Where I give a slight edge to Ballard is that I think he's the best pure eye for talent around right now. I look at that 2018 draft and am just in awe of the thing. And I think Turay is just scratching the surface and could be a force this year if he has recovered from his injury against us.

DeCosta is another guy who deserves a nod here, but the track record is still too short. He ran that scouting department before he took over last year as GM in Baltimore and I think he's been the driving force behind their success for about a decade now. We'll see if he can continue that run with all the additional administrative burdens, but he's a damn good front office guy.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:24 PM 07-14-2020
He hasn't been GM long enough to make that claim but he is off to a hell of a start
[Reply]
Kman34 01:35 PM 07-14-2020
Imagine Carl trying to get this done back in the day... He would have run off everyone.. and traded Mahomes for some draft picks and a brokedick 49er.:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 01:38 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
He hasn't been GM long enough to make that claim but he is off to a hell of a start
Do you apply this same dumb logic to Mahomes?
[Reply]
eDave 01:39 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Do you apply this same dumb logic to Mahomes?
Nice.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 111
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Up