ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 111
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
O.city 12:01 PM 07-14-2020

Only major Free Agent #Chiefs lost from Super Bowl Winner was Nickel Back Kendall Fuller.

Others Departed..
LeSean McCoy
Blake Bell
Cameron Erving
Stefen Wisniewski
Jordan Lucas

Still FAs
Terrell Suggs
Xavier Williams
Mo Claiborne
Colquitt

Might be better in 2020.

— Chad Forbes (@NFLDraftBites) July 14, 2020

[Reply]
staylor26 12:02 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
What's also exciting is that he's the second youngest GM in football, so he should be here for a long time.
Can’t wait till he drafts Mahomes replacement in 15+ years when everybody thinks we’re done

:-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:04 PM 07-14-2020
Even the guys I thought he grossly overpaid for turned out to be pretty damn good when the lights were brightest.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:07 PM 07-14-2020
The Patriots have convinced the league that you either have to get rid of good players and be ruthless to win Super Bowls, or have lightning strike in a bottle and have all of your best players on rookie deals and fill it out with veterans who still have stuff left in the tank.

Instead of a Machiavellian Hitler running things, you have a wonderful, friendly head coach who seeks to teach, not crack the whip. Players have room to be themselves. Second chances are freely given, both on and off the field.

Instead of putting a premium and people KNOWING you're secretive, you just do it without bugging your own employees' offices. Veach's moves tend to come out of NOWWHERE. The Patriots hold their cards close to their chests, but they also TELL everybody that they can't see anything and make it known.

Instead of telling their great young players to go fuck themselves, the Chiefs try to keep them. The Patriots kill individuality and development if you're not playing on a dirt cheap contract. The Chiefs try to create legacies. The Patriots constantly change their team-building philosophy every couple of years, and old guard players who previously fit them just have to get the hell out. The Chiefs are aware of NFL trends, but rather than re-inventing the wheel, the Chiefs work THROUGH their great players while also having longterm vision.

What a wonderful, bright, and positive team we have!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:07 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd lean Ballard, but the Rivers deal remains a really strange one.

The organization writ large is the best in the NFL and that's enough for me.
Poor bastard did one of the best rebuilding jobs in history and then his transcendent QB retires because of the sins of his predecessor.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:08 PM 07-14-2020
Yeah. The only thing that can blemish him at this point is if the wheels fall off someone ala Eric Berry.

Veach has done beautifully.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:24 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think it was O.City that said we have the best coach this franchise has likely ever had or will have. And he's not wrong (top 5 of all time).

In a sport where the 2 most important things to have are a HC and a QB, we have the two best in the history of the franchise and guys who will almost certainly be among the best 5 of all time (with a legit shot at top 3 for both).

Definitely the salad days for the organization.

Gotta make hay while the sun is shining - the next decade is the best we'll ever see for Chiefs football.
Hopefully we can keep the weevils and aphids out and get some hay. I don’t want to end up like Indy wasting a bunch of years of transcendent QB and got 1 win.
[Reply]
eDave 12:26 PM 07-14-2020
Dude needs his contract restructured.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:31 PM 07-14-2020
You have never been more correct, sir. He's amazing. I love the way he's always operated.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:34 PM 07-14-2020
Veach just OWNED a second straight offseason...

The #Chiefs entered the offseason with the futures of key pieces Sammy Watkins, Bashaud Breeland, Demarcus Robinson, Mike Pennel and Chris Jones as question marks. Patrick Mahomes’ massive deal needed to be done.

Every single one was signed or extended. Remarkable job.

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) July 14, 2020

[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:36 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
I literally was coming here to start a thread with the exact same title.

And you're right, it's not even debatable at this point.

From the stench of the Pioli era to the ego of the Dorsey era to this.

We are so blessed.

This is the beginning of the golden age of Chiefs football.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:37 PM 07-14-2020
One more ring and he's in the HOF.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:38 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Golden Age of the Chiefs Kingdom is upon us. He is the reason for it all (via Andy).
Used the exact same "golden age" phrase before I read your post. It truly is. The only person who can stop us at this point is Fauci.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:39 PM 07-14-2020
Now imagine if Speaks has a little bit of a breakout season...
[Reply]
KC Hawks 12:39 PM 07-14-2020
And he seems really nice too!!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 111
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Up