« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
KC Hawks 05:42 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Here's my Brett Veach story:

As some of you know, I won a charity auction at the last Big Slick in June 2019. As I was outside the Sprint Center getting an Uber with my friends, a man approached me with his wife.

"Hi, I'm Brett Veach, GM of the Kansas City Chiefs, and I really liked your style in there."

"Uhm, I know who you are."

We then spent a good 20 minutes on the side talking about the Chiefs. I asked him about the Tyreek situation. He gave me some details which I can't repeat but said, "Max 2 game suspension. Probably not even that." I asked him about the trade for Frank Clark and whether he felt he could get that production from a certain prospect who tested well in the combine. "Well, that guy wasn't even on our draft board for health reasons. But man, no one in OTAs can block Frank Clark." He then took his iPhone out and he was showing me video of Clark dominating in practices. We talked the draft class. We talked Mahomes. I only regret not asking him about Dorsey.

I think he was buzzed. I was hammered and it shows in the pictures. Veach is like if any of us ever became GM and we're just really fucking good at what we do and excited to be doing it.
Veach, unlike several of our previous GMs, seems like a good dude.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:51 PM 07-15-2020
Veach was on the MMQB pod. Very interesting that he thinks he’s a hybrid of John Dorsey and Chris Ballard. I never thought of that, but I can actually see that in Brett.

Originally Posted by :
It’s funny because I think that I’m maybe a little bit of a hybrid of both of those.”

On Dorsey: “John is old school. I mean, he is tape, tape, tape, tape, tape. Watching all the tape. Just close the door in the draft room. Prior to coming to Kansas City, working with the Eagles... spring meetings were more of overview and intellectual debate over guys. When I got to Kansas City, it was my introduction to the 17 days with your scouts prior to the combine...every single scout, college and pro, is locked in a room, and you start watching tape at 5 a.m. and you’re watching the tape until 6, 7 o’clock at night for 17 straight days — like training camp for scouts. But John was wired in the old school — we’re just going to exhaust the tape... we’re going to exhaust the tape on every level, and we’re going to stick to certain principles in regard to — we’re not watching 5-9 corners or 5-8 corners. No. This is a big man’s game. Size wins, size matters. Tape... and we’re going to make our decisions primarily on tape.”

On Ballard: “Chris was wired the same way in regards to tape — Chris had little bit of more of an analytics mind to him...[Chris] wanted to talk about how analytics could play a role in this and discuss athletic scores. Chris was involved in a little bit more of a new age of football where we’re going to watch tape, but let’s go back and let’s review some of these guys. Maybe their tape wasn’t great, but these scores suggest they’re going to be really good.”

“Both guys were extremely hard workers and both guys I learned a ton from. John was a firm believer in, ‘If I don’t see it on tape, I’m really not going to be there.’ Chris was a little bit open-minded to bringing in guys from an analytics standpoint. But it was cool because both guys had a love and passion for the game that I certainly had and I got to see how they worked. Again, John — the amount of meeting time and the amount of time spent in the room watching tape was something that I was just a natural connection with, because that’s what I love to do and being in this environment where I got to — I loved those 16-day meetings.”

[Reply]
stevieray 05:55 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
That’s why we’re so lucky. So many franchises are doomed from the start by bad ownership and worse hires like the Bengals. Some of the other teams owners are just vanity projects. I think Clark wants to further cement his families legacy on the league. Lamar played a big part in innovation and now Clark has a chance to make the Chiefs one of the storied winning franchises.
Dude called the SB win on opening day of camp.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:40 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Here's my Brett Veach story:

As some of you know, I won a charity auction at the last Big Slick in June 2019. As I was outside the Sprint Center getting an Uber with my friends, a man approached me with his wife.

"Hi, I'm Brett Veach, GM of the Kansas City Chiefs, and I really liked your style in there."

"Uhm, I know who you are."

We then spent a good 20 minutes on the side talking about the Chiefs. I asked him about the Tyreek situation. He gave me some details which I can't repeat but said, "Max 2 game suspension. Probably not even that." I asked him about the trade for Frank Clark and whether he felt he could get that production from a certain prospect who tested well in the combine. "Well, that guy wasn't even on our draft board for health reasons. But man, no one in OTAs can block Frank Clark." He then took his iPhone out and he was showing me video of Clark dominating in practices. We talked the draft class. We talked Mahomes. I only regret not asking him about Dorsey.

I think he was buzzed. I was hammered and it shows in the pictures. Veach is like if any of us ever became GM and we're just really fucking good at what we do and excited to be doing it.
I know you said you can't repeat the stuff related to Tyreek, but can you at least tell us, "HE GOOD"
[Reply]
Pants 08:28 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I know you said you can't repeat the stuff related to Tyreek, but can you at least tell us, "HE GOOD"
:-)
[Reply]
TEX 08:51 PM 07-15-2020
If not the best, he's definitely in that conversation.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07-15-2020, 09:36 PM
This message has been deleted by DJ's left nut.
BigRedChief 12:29 AM 07-16-2020

For every #NFL organization that wants to chase/try to find the next @PatrickMahomes they should also be chasing/trying to find the next combo that works like Hunt/Veach/Reid...greatness is a group effort in the NFL

— Dan Orlovsky (@danorlovsky7) July 7, 2020

[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:23 AM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
As I recall he used that very term, and as he grinned, I noticed he had borrowed one of Tyreek's gold teeth. I knew everything was gonna be okay after that.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:39 AM 07-16-2020
Was that the same night you blew him in the bathroom at McFaddens Twisted Chief?
[Reply]
TEX 11:07 AM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This is so true.
[Reply]
Zap Rowsdower 11:14 AM 07-16-2020
Veach is going in the ring of honor.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:21 AM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by Zap Rowsdower:
Veach is going in the ring of honor.
He sure worked wonders with that $177.00 this off season.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:50 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Can’t wait till he drafts Mahomes replacement in 15+ years when everybody thinks we’re done

:-)
Can we draft Mahomes unborn son yet? I mean, with two parents who were paid money to play sports, with one of them being the greatest to ever do it, the kid has to be genetically gifted. And I think we already know that Mahomes will be a great father, mentor, and coach to this not-yet-conceived phenom.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:07 AM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Can we draft Mahomes unborn son yet? I mean, with two parents who were paid money to play sports, with one of them being the greatest to ever do it, the kid has to be genetically gifted. And I think we already know that Mahomes will be a great father, mentor, and coach to this not-yet-conceived phenom.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Watch out SuperTurtle will call you a retard for that
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:59 AM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Watch out SuperTurtle will call you a retard for that
I never wanted to breed with anyone more than I want to with Patrick Mahomes. That perfect, curvy body. Those bountiful breasts. The immaculate thighs of a literal god. It honestly fucking hurts knowing that I'll never mate with him, pass my genes through him, and have him birth a set of perfect offspring. I'd do fucking ANYTHING for the chance to get Mahomes pregante. A N Y T H I N G. And the fact that I can't is quite honestly too much to fucking bear. Why would God create something so perfect? To fucking tantalize us? Fucking laugh in our faces?! Honestly guys, I just fucking can't anymore. Fuck./MAHOMO 4 LIFE
[Reply]
Page 10 of 111
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up