ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Holiday Mock 12/28/20
kccrow 09:48 PM 12-28-2020
Offseason

Chiefs extend S T. Mathieu for 2 years and LT E. Fisher for 4 years, reducing their 2021 cap hits.
RT M. Schwartz retires
RFA tender 1st Rd CB C. Ward and Orig. Rd WR B. Pringle
ERFA tender TE N. Keizer and CB A. Brown
Re-sign CB D. Baker, OC D. Kilgore, FB A. Sherman, RT M. Remmers, and DE T. Charlton to 1-year deals and WR D. Robinson to 3-year deal.
Re-sign the scrub squad to reserve/futures deals.
Let walk WR S. Watkins, S D. Sorensen, CB B. Breeland, LB D. Wilson, OC A. Reiter, DE T. Kpassagnon, TE D. Yelder, CB A. Hamilton, TE R. Seals-Jones, S T. Thompson, OG A. Wylie, RB Dar. Williams, LB B. Niemann

1. SS Hamsah Nasirildeen, Florida State (6'4" 215, Sr.)
A twitched up safety/linebacker hybrid with outstanding range, solid ball skills, and good tackling, he is ultra-productive and hand-made for the same type of deployment KC uses with Daniel Sorensen. The only major knocks are a 2018 ACL tear and not having the best ability with his back to the football. While there are a couple of better safeties on tape (I love Paris Ford), Nasirildeen projects as a more perfect fit for how KC uses a 3-safety set. With the nickel as the base defense under Spags, having a hybrid-type at SS that can cover in deeper sets or step down into the WLB role leaves him tons of adaptability options.
2. OC Josh Myers, Ohio State (6'5" 315, Jr.)
Others may disagree but I see better protecting Patrick Mahomes as an absolute and Myers projects as one of the top few centers in the country (rumor has it he is declaring). He's long and mobile, something Reid normally covets at the position. While he's not a run-game road grader like Trey Hill (Georgia), he's much more nimble in pass sets and getting to the second level to spring open big runs. He's also really consistent with his shotgun snaps, a solid technician, and plays with his head on a swivel looking to help his guards.
3. WR Anthony Schwartz, Auburn (6'0" 180, Jr.)
Schwartz is an explosive playmaker that many have dubbed the fastest player in college football and his 40, expected to be sub-4.3, could prove it. Either way, he plays extremely fast and has shown the tools that would make him a valuable weapon in Reid's offense. I just don't think he has the polish nor the statistics to push him into the first or second rounds of the draft and I view him as more of that raw talent you hope to mold in the same way the Chiefs have done with Tyreek Hill.
3. DE Aidan Hutchinson, Michigan (6'6" 270, Jr.) - Projected pick for losing OC Eric Bieniemy
Hutchinson is a solid all-around edge rusher with good get-off at the snap, flexibility to bend the edge, active hands, and a solid repertoire of pass-rush moves to create pressure in the backfield. Hutchinson is strong against the rush with size and length to set the edge. While I feel as though DE is a bigger need than this slotting may project, I feel as though there is value with guys like Hutchinson, Weaver, and a few others in this draft that extends beyond round 1 given the lack of separation between so many.
4. LB Monty Rice, Georgia (6'0" 235, Sr.) - Projected trade up in 4th round, using 5th round pick.
A good overall player with the ability to open up in coverage and stick with backs and tight ends plus has the ability to explode downhill, disengage and make plays against the run. Rice is a smart player possessing good overall feel and instincts with few holes in his game. The lone knock is his length, which could peg him as a WLB only for many, but has shown the ability to man the ILB position well in the SEC. Rice is one of my favorite linebackers in this draft and could learn the position in 3 LB sets at WLB and step into the ILB role when Hitchens is let go.
4. TE Cade Otton, Washington (6'5" 250, Jr.) - Projected Comp
Obviously, Otton will need to declare but if he does I see him as a mid-round guy worth developing into a 3-down starter. He's much from the same mold as San Francisco's George Kittle in that he's a very good blocker with solid receiving abilities that can be developed over time. His traits and work-ethic could end up making him one of the best TEs from this draft class at the end of the day.
5. OG Royce Newman, Mississippi (6'5" 305, Sr.) - Projected Comp
Newman has played tackle and guard for Ole Miss and has solid athleticism. He probably doesn't project outside in the pros but could be seen as a swing option at RT. That said, he's a good LG, an unsettled position for the Chiefs, and certainly one that needs improvement. Newman's versatility is something Reid and Veach traditionally covet and coming from the SEC is a huge boost to his stock here, plus he's one of the best pass protectors in the nation.
7. WR Josh Imatorbhebhe, Illinois (6'2" 215)
A longer, smooth receiver with surprising short-area quickness for his length and a stellar vertical jump of 46 inches to go with a 4.49 40-yd dash at The Opening. He had good production given the construct of the Illinois offense and jumped off the screen with 9 TDs and 19.2 yards per catch on only 33 receptions in 2019. He had a solid 2020 despite the limited Big10 schedule with 22 grabs and 3 TDs in 5 games. A guy that could see a big improvement in the pros over his college career as a classic traits-based boom or bust type.

QB: P. Mahomes, C. Henne
RB: C. Edwards-Helaire, D. Williams, D. Thompson
FB: A. Sherman

WR: T. Hill, M. Hardman, D. Robinson, B. Pringle, A. Schwartz, J. Imatorbhebe
TE: T. Kelce, C. Otton, N. Keizer

LT: E. Fisher, M. Rankin
LG: N. Allegretti, R. Newman
OC: J. Myers, D. Kilgore
RG: L. Duvernay-Tardif, Y. Durant
RT: L. Niang, M. Remmers

DE: F. Clark, T. Charlton
DT: C. Jones, T. Wharton
DT: D. Nnadi, K. Saunders
DE: A. Hutchinson, M. Danna, T. Ward

SLB: W. Gay, D. Harris
ILB: A. Hitchens, E. Smith
WLB: M. Rice, D. O'Daniel

CB: C. Ward, L. Sneed, R. Fenton, T. Keyes, D. Baker
S: T. Mathieu, J. Thornhill, H. Nasirildeen, A. Watts, R. Clemons

K: Butker
P: Townsend
LS: Winchester
[Reply]
In58men 07:25 AM 12-29-2020
For some reason, I’m going to be bummed if we let go Dirty Dan lol.
[Reply]
tmax63 09:59 AM 12-29-2020
Everyone loves to hate on Dirty Dan but he has been one of the most stable/durable parts of the defense. Is he top 10, no, but he's a blue-collar guy that brings his lunch pail to work every day and the Chiefs know exactly what they will get from him every day. FLAME AWAY.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:39 PM 12-29-2020
Did we lose our original 5th rounder?
[Reply]
In58men 01:07 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
We traded our 7th round pick & Washington to Miami for their 6th rounder.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:43 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
No, there’s a projected trade up in the 4th using our 5th.

Nice mock kccrow.
[Reply]
O.city 04:40 PM 12-30-2020
I like Meyers alot.

I'm not sure about a tweener SS/Lb with the first rounder. Those always seem to be big hits or big misses.
[Reply]
Chargem 04:44 PM 12-30-2020
I love the idea of a safety in the 1st round if that is where the value is. Not sure it makes sense to pair it with an extension of Mathieu's contract, although the short term cap relief is tempting.
[Reply]
Up