ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 56
« First < 394546474849 50515253 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I want to show you my newest sports card...
arrowheadnation 01:18 AM 05-21-2020
The sports card market is absolutely booming right now. I sold off enough of my other stuff to buy this. There are only 10 of them. It is indescribably beautiful.

[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:54 PM 05-29-2023
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
It’s ok…panini will be but a memory in a couple years. Fanatics has purchased all of the major sports licenses (except nhl) and has purchased Topps.
I can’t imagine this being a good thing for the hobby.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:58 PM 05-29-2023
It’s ok…panini will be but a memory in a couple years. Fanatics has purchased all of the major sports licenses (except nhl) and has purchased Topps.

Fanatics may even be worse. Essentially will be the same players as always under one roof with majority control of the market.

Their pricing model is already borderline criminal IMO. With them controlling the market more, it is only going to get worse.
[Reply]
Pointer19 09:11 PM 05-29-2023
Would you guys stay away from Panini products for the time being? I've really had a fun time buying into these online box breaks, but I can't help but think the Chiefs' success is driving prices way up for a very small chance at getting something nice.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:56 PM 05-29-2023
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
Would you guys stay away from Panini products for the time being? I've really had a fun time buying into these online box breaks, but I can't help but think the Chiefs' success is driving prices way up for a very small chance at getting something nice.
Panini is the only game in town for football. And yes, the Chiefs are inflated due to Mahomes.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 03:06 PM 06-02-2023
So... there's a chance I might be a degenerate gambler...

For those that aren't into cards, this is basically Ross's best available rookie card, and no, it was not cheap...well, not as cheap as the RC of a UDFA WR should be.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:02 PM 06-02-2023

For those that aren't into cards, this is basically Ross's best available rookie card, and no, it was not cheap...well, not as cheap as the RC of a UDFA WR should be.
You are a gambler. Very nice though. I like the ticket stubs but I will never justify the price to myself to pull the trigger for one. Does it look good enough to send in?
[Reply]
Bump 08:08 PM 06-02-2023
If I'm ever at my mothers house, I'm going to look for old collection and post it here. I saved every Chiefs card and had an entire binder full of them from the mid 90's. Take a trip down memory lane
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 08:57 PM 06-03-2023
Added another one today. Big Red gold prizm numbered 8 of 10 in the world.

[Reply]
ghak99 09:10 PM 06-03-2023

Now this is something I would thoroughly enjoy having even if it doesn't end up holding it's value.

Very cool!
:-)
[Reply]
Pointer19 01:02 AM 06-04-2023

Are these Contenders different than the white 22-card value packs? Opened five and got nothin but junk.
[Reply]
Pointer19 01:03 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Now this is something I would thoroughly enjoy having even if it doesn't end up holding it's value.

Very cool! :-)
Searched "Andy Reid" on eBay, and this is the first thing that came up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13458989566...Bk9SR7qCuNOQYg

Could be yours for the low low price of $400.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 01:14 AM 06-04-2023
Are these Contenders different than the white 22-card value packs? Opened five and got nothin but junk.
If you want to pull big time hits (I'm talking hundreds/thousands of dollars), I recommend staying away from retail product. They do put some big hits in retail, but they are few and far between with very long odds. Now don't get me wrong, hobby boxes are very expensive, but that is the way you have to go if you want the big stuff. The Andy Reid above comes out of a hobby only product called Contenders Optic. Regular Contenders, which has both retail and hobby versions, is one of the best examples of what I was getting at above. Retail contenders is basically pissing your money away. You will hit rookie ticket autos, but they always tend to be guys that don't even make the NFL with a big time rookie being thrown in here and there (but rarer than hen's teeth). In a hobby box of Contenders, you are guaranteed 6 autographed rookies. Granted, it's usually 5 mediocre sticker autographs, but one is guaranteed to be an on-card signature which feature the big time rookies (think starting QB's). These run about $300-400 per box, but you can also buy them by the pack at card shops. The only retail I would ever consider spending money on is prizm (the pro version, don't waste your money on that collegiate crap) and donruss optic (this will be moot in a couple years as Panini is set to lose the NFL and NBA licenses to Fanatics)
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:39 AM 06-04-2023

Yes, those are different. Contenders comes in both retail and hobby. Overpriced and hard to hit in, even in hobby. 90% of the hobby boxes out are junk with $50 in value, if you're lucky $100 worth of value in them. Retail is even worse.

Tendy's optic is a hobby only product. Comes 1 pack per box, 6 cards per box. 2 Base, 2 autos, 1 insert, 1 parallel for $350-400. Plagued by the same value issues and odds as the base Tendy's.

Buy the singles you want. More times than not that will be off ebay. Opening packs is really for the guys that like to lose money. You just have to realize going in on opening packs you probably aren't going to get the same return in value. Sometimes maybe even just a 10% return.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:47 AM 06-04-2023

Always ebbs and flows. Sales have ranged from 299, to the last one of $425.

I've always liked this one. https://www.ebay.com/itm/39460469888...Bk9SR4DBuuOQYg

Fairly low number and on card autos.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:45 AM 06-04-2023

I did the same thing. I doubt my offer will be accepted. :-)
[Reply]
Page 49 of 56
« First < 394546474849 50515253 > Last »
Up