ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 44
« First < 253132333435 36373839 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>No Chris Jones at OTA's.
O.city 10:15 AM 05-21-2019

As expected, Chiefs DT Chris Jones has not reported for the start of OTAs this week, per a source.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) May 21, 2019

[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 01:06 AM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Some didn't think paying Ford was worth it because of him being a liability in the running game.

Does KC feel like Jones falls into the same category here? Is he not worth the huge money because he seems to blow gap assignments against the run?
Ford wasn't worth the money because he ****ed us out of a Super Bowl. Literally the only reason the Patriots are SB LIII
champions instead of us is because of Ford. **** him and may he roast in piss for all of eternity.

That Rams team was weak af and we would have destroyed them. Thanks Dee Ford, you miserable piece of shit.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:01 AM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Personally, I’d pay Jones his asking price right now as long as he wants between Cox and Donaldtype cash. He’s EXACTLY the guy you want in the middle of a defense built to force turnovers.
Right now this is just the business side of things and I'm not worried.

However we need to make sure this does not become a thing. After all the Carl Peterson and Dorsey botched negotiations and horribly timed "prove it" year miscalculations I guess I'm a little nervous.

This would be Veach's first big contract so we'll see how it goes...
[Reply]
Buckweath 06:18 AM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Right now this is just the business side of things and I'm not worried.

However we need to make sure this does not become a thing. After all the Carl Peterson and Dorsey botched negotiations and horribly timed "prove it" year miscalculations I guess I'm a little nervous.

This would be Veach's first big contract so we'll see how it goes...
This is just a standard negotiation.

Negotiating those big contracts take time and sometimes you will fail to reach an agreement. You can't just ask the player how much he wants and then sign the cheque. That would be bad business.

And Chris Jones has already broken out. The guy is not gonna reach the level of play of Aaron Donald ever.

Most likely, his sack total would go down next year and regardless, his value on the market would barely be higher, taking into account the fact that the cap and salaries go up every year.

Even he he has a great year next year, he wouldn't get a much bigger contract on the market.

I'm all for signing him now if it makes sense but it has to be for reasonable numbers. The more you give to him the more eventually you will be unable to retain good players you wish you could keep.

Kendall Fuller is a guy I'd look to sign now before he potentially has a great year next year and then costs a ton.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 07:33 AM 07-16-2019
I rewatched the Broncos game from week 4 last night.

The defense was so unbelievably bad. Yeah, Houston and Ford abuses the tackles. But the ridiculous ease with which Denver ran the ball was appalling. All I could do was remind myself how many of those turds were replaced.

Jones isn’t worth that much money, period.

He will play this year, and then The Chiefs should move on.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:38 AM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:

The defense was so unbelievably bad. Yeah, Houston and Ford abuses the tackles. But the ridiculous ease with which Denver ran the ball was appalling. All I could do was remind myself how many of those turds were replaced.

Lol what a shit take.
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:38 AM 07-16-2019

I’d take him for 2019, tag him in 2020, and trade in 2021.
[Reply]
O.city 07:39 AM 07-16-2019

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
I’d take him for 2019, tag him in 2020, and trade in 2021.
I don't necessarily agree with sapho, but this is probably the route i'd take if he's wanting Donald money.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:49 AM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
This is just a standard negotiation.

Negotiating those big contracts take time and sometimes you will fail to reach an agreement. You can't just ask the player how much he wants and then sign the cheque. That would be bad business.

And Chris Jones has already broken out. The guy is not gonna reach the level of play of Aaron Donald ever.

Most likely, his sack total would go down next year and regardless, his value on the market would barely be higher, taking into account the fact that the cap and salaries go up every year.

Even he he has a great year next year, he wouldn't get a much bigger contract on the market.

I'm all for signing him now if it makes sense but it has to be for reasonable numbers. The more you give to him the more eventually you will be unable to retain good players you wish you could keep.

Kendall Fuller is a guy I'd look to sign now before he potentially has a great year next year and then costs a ton.
I will never understand people shitting all over Jones like this but pumping up Fuller.

To this day, Kendall Fuller has shown absolutely nothing to deserve a top 10 contract at his position, and Chris Jones has.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:55 AM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I will never understand people shitting all over Jones like this but pumping up Fuller.

To this day, Kendall Fuller has shown absolutely nothing to deserve a top 10 contract at his position, and Chris Jones has.
The disrespect for Jones has gotten absolutely ridiculous.
[Reply]
O.city 08:02 AM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Originally Posted by staylor26:
The disrespect for Jones has gotten absolutely ridiculous.
The problem is that Jones doesn't want a top 10 contract. He wants a top 2 contract.

That's quite a bit different.

I'd have absolutely no issue giving him the deal Grady Jarrett just got. But if you want Aaron Donald or Fletcher Cox money, you've gotta be a complete player.
[Reply]
O.city 08:03 AM 07-16-2019
Plus the positional stuff. We've got a highly paid DE, we've drafted quite a few interior DL lately as well.

We don't have much at corner, developmentally or what after this year.

Locking Fuller into a nice deal for him now, may end up looking great if he has a big year with improved safety play behind him.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:04 AM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
The problem is that Jones doesn't want a top 10 contract. He wants a top 2 contract.

That's quite a bit different.

I'd have absolutely no issue giving him the deal Grady Jarrett just got. But if you want Aaron Donald or Fletcher Cox money, you've gotta be a complete player.
Jones is closer to those guys than he is to Jarrett. I’d have no problem giving him Cox money.
[Reply]
O.city 08:10 AM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Jones is closer to those guys than he is to Jarrett. I’d have no problem giving him Cox money.
I don't think the Chiefs feel that way though at this point.

I think Jones is a better pure pass rusher than Cox for sure, but Cox is just a physical animal in there and Jones hasnt' quite shown that yet.

I'm not really sure Jones will ever be "great" against the run just because of his height. It's damn hard to anchor at that height
[Reply]
staylor26 08:11 AM 07-16-2019
I don't think the Chiefs feel that way though at this point.

I think Jones is a better pure pass rusher than Cox for sure, but Cox is just a physical animal in there and Jones hasnt' quite shown that yet.

I'm not really sure Jones will ever be "great" against the run just because of his height. It's damn hard to anchor at that height
Why? Because they haven’t paid him yet? I think some of you are just overlooking the fact that this is what happens with pretty much all pass rushers these days. Pass rushers know their worth and these deals usually go down to the wire because of it.

Also, Jones was 24 last year. Let’s stop acting like he can’t get better. He won’t ever be a great run defender, but there’s still room for improvement.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:12 AM 07-16-2019
Locking Fuller into a nice deal for him now, may end up looking great if he has a big year with improved safety play behind him.
Same for Jones. If he has a huge year this season, we will pay roughly 10% more than now, plus if you pay him now, you have an extra year to use the cap increase which has been roughly $10 million added to each team every year.

They clearly want to pay him. Just get it over with because the problem we can’t afford to pay double-digit contracts to guys like Kendall Fuller who don’t truly deserve it.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 44
« First < 253132333435 36373839 > Last »
Up