ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 44
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>No Chris Jones at OTA's.
O.city 10:15 AM 05-21-2019

As expected, Chiefs DT Chris Jones has not reported for the start of OTAs this week, per a source.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) May 21, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:00 PM 06-19-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This could be a dangerous game. We’d be relying on Speaks and a rookie if this guy holds out or misses time only to come back more susceptible to injury.

I get both sides here. It’s just a bitch to deal with.
Sure, but if the guy is really insisting on being one of the 10 highest paid defenders in football...well, I guess you'll be holding out then, champ. And then getting tagged/traded the following year. Or maybe he plays on the last year of his deal and then proves WORTH that kind of money.

He's not giving the Chiefs much to work with here. There's no question at all that he spent far too much of last season not being assignment sound. And all too often he'd simply ignore calls (I remember a play where Hitchens and Hamilton were both slapping him on the leg to get him to re-align and he just stood dead still and charged upfield).

You can't bust your cap to sign a guy that won't commit to playing team defense. The truly incredible, valuable players are guys like Miller and pre-injury Houston - guys who would mind their responsibility AND create havoc. Jones tended to ignore the former for the latter and that blew up on us a lot. If he can't do both, he's not elite and doesn't deserve to be paid as though he is.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 03:56 PM 06-19-2019
Who has a good cornerback that would be willing to trade him for Jones?
[Reply]
BossChief 04:08 PM 06-19-2019
Gotta wonder if Khalen Saunders, Mecole Hardman and Juan Thornhill were drafted to be long term replacements for Chris Jones, Tyreek Hill and Eric Berry.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 04:09 PM 06-19-2019
That may be what he is afraid of. Had he not put up those sack numbers I dont think he holds out. But his agent may be telling him that it's a good time to force your hand since in all reality all you proved was you can get after a QB but let the runner blow by you. Tackles dont get a name from the public, sacks do, the owners and GMs arent the public. They look more in depth at numbers behind numbers.
When was the last time a defensive player held out for top money after being part of the worst fielded defense in the league?
[Reply]
O.city 04:10 PM 06-19-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Who has a good cornerback that would be willing to trade him for Jones?
Ramsey
[Reply]
staylor26 04:14 PM 06-19-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Gotta wonder if Khalen Saunders, Mecole Hardman and Juan Thornhill were drafted to be long term replacements for Chris Jones, Tyreek Hill and Eric Berry.
Lol we’re not going to let Hill and Jones both walk. It’s more likely that we sign both than that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:18 PM 06-19-2019
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
That may be what he is afraid of. Had he not put up those sack numbers I dont think he holds out. But his agent may be telling him that it's a good time to force your hand since in all reality all you proved was you can get after a QB but let the runner blow by you. Tackles dont get a name from the public, sacks do, the owners and GMs arent the public. They look more in depth at numbers behind numbers.
When was the last time a defensive player held out for top money after being part of the worst fielded defense in the league?
If he wants to overplay his hand, he can give it a shot.

But if he tries to hold out of camp, gets fined a ton for doing so, then shows up out of shape before being ineffective, he'll cost himself millions of dollars.

Because the tape don't lie. He cannot expect to get paid like an every down superstar when he flat out lost on half his snaps because he didn't do his job.

I'm not saying that we should NEVER pay the man or that we shouldn't offer him a very nice deal this offseason. But there's no good reason to pay him like a top 10 player just in case he actually becomes one. That ain't how it works. If he wants to bet on himself, then he should bet on himself. If he can prove he's able to create havoc in the passing game while still remaining run responsible - great, pay that man his money.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:22 PM 06-19-2019
Bad thing about it is we only have one franchise tag next year and it's sounding like we might have a hard time getting a deal done with hill and jones both.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 04:29 PM 06-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If he wants to overplay his hand, he can give it a shot.

But if he tries to hold out of camp, gets fined a ton for doing so, then shows up out of shape before being ineffective, he'll cost himself millions of dollars.

Because the tape don't lie. He cannot expect to get paid like an every down superstar when he flat out lost on half his snaps because he didn't do his job.

I'm not saying that we should NEVER pay the man or that we shouldn't offer him a very nice deal this offseason. But there's no good reason to pay him like a top 10 player just in case he actually becomes one. That ain't how it works. If he wants to bet on himself, then he should bet on himself. If he can prove he's able to create havoc in the passing game while still remaining run responsible - great, pay that man his money.
Exactly, pay him his worth. Of course I dont think we know what he wants but Im guessing that what he wants and feels he is worth isnt quite in line with what the Chiefs think. OR its closer than we think, they have until camp to get a deal done or he holds out and costs himself money. I would never down a player holding out for fear of injury in mini camps either.... deal will get done I think. They both have time and the Chiefs if I understand it correctly have the upper hand anyways.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 04:30 PM 06-19-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Bad thing about it is we only have one franchise tag next year and it's sounding like we might have a hard time getting a deal done with hill and jones both.
Why would Hill be franchised? Im assuming this because you always come with facts and only mentioned those two names.
If Hill plays this year he gets a deal, he wont be being let go or franchised.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:56 PM 06-19-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
That’s exactly why we will sign one before.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:08 PM 06-19-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That’s exactly why we will sign one before.
And it will be Hill.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 05:11 PM 06-19-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
And it will be Hill.
As things sit right now and they stay as are yes it will be him.
[Reply]
Direckshun 06:32 PM 06-19-2019
Any updates or rumors?

I haven’t been keeping track of the megathread.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:55 PM 06-19-2019
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
Why would Hill be franchised? Im assuming this because you always come with facts and only mentioned those two names.
If Hill plays this year he gets a deal, he wont be being let go or franchised.
Well the two sides could be far off in money. Do you think the chiefs are going to give him the exact same deal they were thinking before?

No matter what the outcome here it's cost him money. imo
[Reply]
Page 27 of 44
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up