ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Thom Brennaman calls Kansas City "one of the pillowbiter capitals of the world"
Deberg_1990 09:35 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Blazing Saddles
It’s a pretty hilarious line the way that Slim Pickens delivers it. Was that something Mel Brooks just made up or is there some sort of history behind it?
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:18 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I wonder what brought it on?
Maybe he was telling a story about some dude sucking his dick in SF.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:23 PM 08-19-2020
Damn, he gonna be gone. He was one of the few decent announcers for NFL on FOX.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:27 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Damn, he gonna be gone. He was one of the few decent announcers for NFL on FOX.
I like him as an announcer.

And honestly I don't understand why he has to be fired. In a reasonable world he would be suspended for a few weeks/months and that would be the end of it. But we live in this snowflake hugely over-twitterpated universe that just waits to be triggered by things like this, so he's almost assuredly gone.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:28 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

And honestly I don't understand why he has to be fired. In a reasonable world he would be suspended for a few weeks/months and that would be the end of it. But we live in this snowflake hugely over-twitterpated universe that just waits to be triggered by things like this, so he's almost assuredly gone.
Agree completely
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:30 PM 08-19-2020

Cancel culture will demand his firing
[Reply]
vonBobo 10:01 PM 08-19-2020

Sometimes the reasonable world fails at progressing and the rest of society is forced into fixing the broken links.

It's also sad that so many people on this broadcast team enabled this behavior. If one exec could have told them to clean it up then this might not have happened. Now the entire team is going to be under the microscope because one guy couldn't keep his mouth shut.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:01 PM 08-19-2020

Exactly. What's next? Goodyear Tires?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:32 PM 08-19-2020
:-)

Still laughing about this. Showed it to my cousin.

We used to put that kind of emphasis on that word when we were teenagers.

God, he really slammed it out hard. Almost dirty-talk style. Makes you wonder if he enjoys visiting that capital...

[Reply]
Jerok 09:38 PM 08-19-2020
How do you know he was talking about KC?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:40 PM 08-19-2020
fuck skyline
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:13 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
**** skyline
Skyline slaps.

And fuck Brennaman.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 09:53 PM 08-19-2020
Even if he believes himself to not be homophobic and wanted to pass it off as a lame joke, why would you say that within shouting distance of ANY on-air microphone?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:41 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by MMXcalibur:
Even if he believes himself to not be homophobic and wanted to pass it off as a lame joke, why would you say that within shouting distance of ANY on-air microphone?
Pretty much. If most of us said this at work, we know we'd be fired on the spot and we wouldn't blame anyone for doing it. That was the look in his eyes when he gave his apology. He knew it and wasn't even going to fake an apology. I hope he doesn't get cancelled. I could see him getting demoted and that's less about outrage and more about his damaged credibility. It reminds me of when it was impossible to listen to Marv Albert without picturing him as a cross-dresser.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:28 AM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by MMXcalibur:
THIS.

I was in TV/Radio for many years. Anytime you are working, and you are around a MIC, you always, ALWAYS assume its live and NEVER EVER EVER utter a profanity during that time. Just a stupid mistake from somebody who should know better.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up