Page 574 of 4904
« First < 74474524564570571572573574 57557657757858462467410741574 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:23 AM 09-28-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I think you put a bit too much stock into that and kind of overrate the notion a bit. You've mentioned it a few times about Reid. Early 2nd quarter, up 10-0 after the field goal, are you suggesting they went into "don't put anything on tape mode"?

Because, the next 7 drives accounted for 167 plays through 2 1/2 quarters, no points, 3 punts and a fumble (others were end of half and over on downs).

Are you really suggesting they were 'holding back' because they thought they had it wrapped up at 10-0, after the 3rd turnover by the Jets with 2.5 quarters left?

They shit the bed or the Broncos played really well? Their ground game was good early, but 50 of Hills 97 yards rushing were on one busted play.

17 for 97 is good, much better than the 16 for 47 without that one play.

I'm not saying the Broncos didn't play well, but in a league where the team that wins the turnover battle wins 70% of the time, dropping two VERY easy INT's is shitting the bed.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:25 AM 09-28-2016
Originally Posted by Nut Fumble:
How does kc only manage to put up 24 with EIGHT turnovers? That's almost as crazy as Pitt only scoring 3 against philly. I expect the steelers offense has something to prove this week, in primetime nonetheless. I do not expect the chumps to get eight turnovers. Good luck with that.

Denver was without Ware this past weekend too, what your point? Players get injured? And "power" rankings are about as worthless as kc season tickets, move on with that...you do seem like the type that's easy entertained though.
You do realize that Pederson was the assistant OC for KC last season...right? Pittsburgh has a trash secondary...which Reid's offensive style can exploit. They dont handle misdirection plays well... This was the consensus thought coming from a Steelers forum. The Dick Lebeau era of dominating defense is gone...

Id be surprised if Bell is in prime form in his first game back...much like I wouldn't except Charles to dominate either. Big Ben is 35....and no longer has Heath Miller/Martavis Bryant. It's showing.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:36 AM 09-28-2016
I think you put a bit too much stock into that and kind of overrate the notion a bit. You've mentioned it a few times about Reid. Early 2nd quarter, up 10-0 after the field goal, are you suggesting they went into "don't put anything on tape mode"?

Because, the next 7 drives accounted for 167 plays through 2 1/2 quarters, no points, 3 punts and a fumble (others were end of half and over on downs).

Are you really suggesting they were 'holding back' because they thought they had it wrapped up at 10-0, after the 3rd turnover by the Jets with 2.5 quarters left?

They shit the bed or the Broncos played really well? Their ground game was good early, but 50 of Hills 97 yards rushing were on one busted play.

17 for 97 is good, much better than the 16 for 47 without that one play.
I am suggesting that...it's only game 3 of the season. Reid has been around a long time and knows not showing your full hand is advantageous. Misdirection is his bread and butter....

KC was up 17-3...so quit spinning.

Denver has the 31st ranked defense against the run...not every team is going to drop INTs when Semenboy is forced to pass. That defense has taken a step back this year...
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:40 AM 09-28-2016
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I'm not saying the Broncos didn't play well, but in a league where the team that wins the turnover battle wins 70% of the time, dropping two VERY easy INT's is shitting the bed.
Enh, I think in most games you can point to 1 or 2 near INTs that were dropped or just missed by the defense. Not all games, but most.

The Bengals had a great passing attack going into the game, they went away from it because Denver is strong against the pass. They made a gamble and it didn't work.

Bengals had 11 drives - 5 ended with punts, 2 end of halves and 1 FG. The other 3 were scores, on drives with plays of 5, 18 and 15.

8 of their 11 drives had 6 or fewer plays and only one resulted in points, the one where Hill broke off the big 50 yard run.

So, if you want to say they shit the bed - you could just point to game plan in the season home opener and say yeah, they outsmarted themselves and got away from their strength.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:44 AM 09-28-2016
Enh, I think in most games you can point to 1 or 2 near INTs that were dropped or just missed by the defense. Not all games, but most.

The Bengals had a great passing attack going into the game, they went away from it because Denver is strong against the pass. They made a gamble and it didn't work.

Bengals had 11 drives - 5 ended with punts, 2 end of halves and 1 FG. The other 3 were scores, on drives with plays of 5, 18 and 15.

8 of their 11 drives had 6 or fewer plays and only one resulted in points, the one where Hill broke off the big 50 yard run.

So, if you want to say they shit the bed - you could just point to game plan in the season home opener and say yeah, they outsmarted themselves and got away from their strength.

Context is everything. These weren't your typical "drops". They were literally right to the defender, and could've been caught by a child.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:56 AM 09-28-2016
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I am suggesting that...it's only game 3 of the season. Reid has been around a long time and knows not showing your full hand is advantageous. Misdirection is his bread and butter....

KC was up 17-3...so quit spinning.

Denver has the 31st ranked defense against the run...not every team is going to drop INTs when Semenboy is forced to pass. That defense has taken a step back this year...
So, 17-3 is an insurmountable lead at the half? Interesting.

Siemian had some passes that were nearly picked, but he had way more throws that were incredible. Paint it however you like.

I'd be concerned about my coach 'shutting it down' in the 2nd half, up only 14. After the offense went up 10-0, on the next 7 drives, the Chiefs ran 34 plays in 2.5 quarters... but, kudos to not putting anything on tape.

In regards to your rushing defense ranking comment...

Denver's defense has averaged 27.3 rushing attempts against them per game, KC's at 29.3. Ranked 20th and 26th respectively.

Denver's defense has allowed an average of 127.7 rushing yards per game, compared to 123 for KC - they're ranked 24th and 27th respectively.

Both defenses are ranked top 8 in Points allowed per game.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:14 AM 09-28-2016
So, 17-3 is an insurmountable lead at the half? Interesting.

Siemian had some passes that were nearly picked, but he had way more throws that were incredible. Paint it however you like.

I'd be concerned about my coach 'shutting it down' in the 2nd half, up only 14. After the offense went up 10-0, on the next 7 drives, the Chiefs ran 34 plays in 2.5 quarters... but, kudos to not putting anything on tape.

In regards to your rushing defense ranking comment...

Denver's defense has averaged 27.3 rushing attempts against them per game, KC's at 29.3. Ranked 20th and 26th respectively.

Denver's defense has allowed an average of 127.7 rushing yards per game, compared to 123 for KC - they're ranked 24th and 27th respectively.

Both defenses are ranked top 8 in Points allowed per game.
You are skewing it again....pretending that NY doesn't have a top 3 defensive line. The week before, they played a top 5 front seven. Chiefs played 2 of the top 4 2015 AFC defenses back to back...Donkos draw Indy's practice squad at home.

KC's first half against the Chargers is disproportionately altering their rankings...They have allowed 9 second half points in 3 games and 0 touchdowns. Chiefs being robbed of a TD return and Ware fumbling through the back of the endzone changed total points scored.

Donkos have been the beneficiaries of missed FGs, dropped INTs and multiple misssed personal fouls.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:20 AM 09-28-2016
You are skewing it again....pretending that NY doesn't have a top 3 defensive line. The week before, they played a top 5 front seven. Chiefs played 2 of the top 4 2015 AFC defenses back to back...Donkos draw Indy's practice squad at home.

KC's first half against the Chargers is disproportionately altering their rankings...They have allowed 9 second half points in 3 games and 0 touchdowns. Chiefs being robbed of a TD return and Ware fumbling through the back of the endzone changed total points.
12, not 9, but that's still a great number...

We can split hairs all day long on who played what team and where. KC has faced Rivers, Brock and Fitz... while Denver has faced Cam, Luck and Dalton - bit of a difference there too.

Major difference is the road game - KC lost their game, Denver did not.

It's way early and I can see a few ties and other lead changes in the AFCW over the next 8 games.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:25 AM 09-28-2016
12, not 9, but that's still a great number...

We can split hairs all day long on who played what team and where. KC has faced Rivers, Brock and Fitz... while Denver has faced Cam, Luck and Dalton - bit of a difference there too.

Major difference is the road game - KC lost their game, Denver did not.

It's way early and I can see a few ties and other lead changes in the AFCW over the next 8 games.
Nope...9. Chargers got 3/Texans 6. They blanked NY....

If you really want to split hairs....Chiefs are playing without Houston and Charles. Try taking Miller and Anderson off your team for the first 3....Anderson being about 1/2 of the player Charles is.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:44 AM 09-28-2016
Oh yeah. Reid holds back on O because he doesn't want to put anything on tape. Because there is so much about his highly nuanced offense the league doesn't know about. Secret screens, swing passes, 3rd down run, etc.
[Reply]
Wildcat2005 10:58 AM 09-28-2016
QB ratings after the first 3 weeks:

Rivers - 110
Carr - 99
Siemian - 96
Smith - 91

Kinda crazy to think Alex Smith is the now the worst qb in the division
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:12 AM 09-28-2016
Nope...9. Chargers got 3/Texans 6. They blanked NY....

If you really want to split hairs....Chiefs are playing without Houston and Charles. Try taking Miller and Anderson off your team for the first 3....Anderson being about 1/2 of the player Charles is.
Chargers had 2 second half FGs... anyway.

Denver is rolling out a guy at QB that was a rookie and 3rd on the depth chart last year. Our OLINE is a mess, you called it one of the worst in the game and our DLINE has massive holes in it, again per you and we have lost a few guys to injury too.

Charles missed 11 games last year and so far 3 this year... lots of wear and tear on those legs. Dude is about to be 30, might just get used to him not being the every down guy for the bulk of the season any longer.

And, KC has known they'd be without those guys for quite a while right? So, it's not like they haven't had time to plan.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:29 PM 09-28-2016
From my observation, Donkos have caught fortuitous breaks in all 3 games. Missed game winning FG and several PF that would have sustained drives against the Panthers, phantom PI call late in the Colts game, and two dropped INTs against the Bengals.

KC has been on the wrong side of several questionable calls resulting in TDs being taken off the board.

Chiefs arent winning from the generosity of strangers...they are winning their games outright against officiating adversity.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:31 PM 09-28-2016
Originally Posted by Wildcat2005:

Rivers - 110
Carr - 99
Siemian - 96
Smith - 91

If the Bengals didnt drop easy INTs...Semenboy isnt that high.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:32 PM 09-28-2016
Originally Posted by Wildcat2005:

Rivers - 110
Carr - 99
Siemian - 96
Smith - 91

Let's look at QBR

Rivers - 80.8
Siemian - 78.2