ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Media Center>Harry Solomon is the greatest comedic character ever. Change my mind.
Rain Man 10:48 PM 09-01-2020
Third Rock from the Sun is available in my On Demand stuff now, and I forgot how good that show was. All of the actors really nail their parts, and a young Joseph Gordon-Levitt is top notch, but French Stewart as Harry Solomon constantly steals the show. Everything he says and does in that series is hilarious.

If you don't remember Third Rock, it was on in the late 90s and you owe it to yourself to watch.

There aren't a ton of clips of Harry on youtube because a lot of his stuff happens quick, but here's an example starting at about 40 seconds. What the heck is that?

Here's a bit longer scene. It takes a couple of minutes to set it up, but it's worth it.

These are far from the best Harry Solomon scenes, but they'll give you a taste. I'm not sure that any character has ever given me as many guffaws per minute.

Watch it. Just watch it. Get the entire series and tackle it from start to end.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:27 PM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Do animated characters count?
Certainly. They're people just like you and me. Well, more or less.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:28 PM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Rain Man - Are we looking for an individual character in a sitcom or an overall actor/ lady actor?

French Stewart's been great, as a B character, in 2 popular sitcoms. 3rd Rock and now on Mom.

Then there's Phil Hartman on News Radio & The Simpsons, (cough* SNL).

Don Knotts - The Andy Griffith Show & Threes Company, (cough* The Ghost and Mr. Chicken).

It seems there could be some overlap if you go with character and I'd have a hard time choosing between Malcolm-Jamal Warner's performance on the The Cosby Show as Theo vs. Malcolm and Eddie. Both were so hilarious.

We're going with characters, not actors. I think you'll see Bob Newhart on the list three times already. So if you want to nominate a character, don't worry if the actor is already nominated for a different character.
[Reply]
gblowfish 01:02 PM 09-08-2020
I'm hot for the tall chick...
[Reply]
EPodolak 01:05 PM 09-08-2020
Gomez Addams (Addams Family)
Judge Harry (Night Court)
Fred Sanford (Sanford and Son)
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:22 PM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I'm hot for the tall chick...
She was never my cup of tea, but my heartbeat accelerates every time Dick teaches class and that really short African American woman speaks. To quote Dick Solomon, "MY GOD! SHE'S GORGEOUS!"
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:21 PM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
She was never my cup of tea, but my heartbeat accelerates every time Dick teaches class and that really short African American woman speaks. To quote Dick Solomon, "MY GOD! I'M GORGEOUS!"

bonus

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up