ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>A cover?
Ubeja Vontell 12:29 PM 09-02-2019
Who knew this was a cover of an old song from 1933?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS90B4sZf7U
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 09:31 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
This for my money is my favorite Animals tune.

How about a.....

The Animals
The Doors
Country Joe and the Fish
Janis Joplin
Jimi Hendrix
Joe Cocker
Johnny Winter
Leon Russell
Dr.John

....mix?
[Reply]
Fishpicker 06:03 AM 09-03-2019

[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:07 AM 09-03-2019
Wasn't this troll the guy who was arguing in DC that people are racist because they don't know enough about The Blues?

Sounds more like he's a kid that just don't know stuff, which is fine. . . Just step off inferring that others aren't educated if you are walking through life such that news like this is a revelation to you.
[Reply]
banecat 09:44 AM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
How about a.....

The Animals
The Doors
Country Joe and the Fish
Janis Joplin
Jimi Hendrix
Joe Cocker
Johnny Winter
Leon Russell
Dr.John

....mix?
Works for me. Not really into the Five Finger version
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 07:01 PM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by banecat:
Works for me. Not really into the Five Finger version
I do think the early Doo Wop and Girls vocal groups of the mid 50's early 60's which came right before The Animals etc doesn't get enougth props.

This is as good as it gets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvzNeh4Mq1o
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 07:05 PM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Wasn't this troll the guy who was arguing in DC that people are racist because they don't know enough about The Blues?

Sounds more like he's a kid that just don't know stuff, which is fine. . . Just step off inferring that others aren't educated if you are walking through life such that news like this is a revelation to you.
Troll?
Kid?
don't know stuff?

Who are you?
[Reply]
Huffmeister 08:55 PM 09-04-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m4qgZqmJoY
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 12:45 AM 09-05-2019
All these guys covered Robert Johnson tunes.

Led Zeppelin
The Rolling Stones
Muddy Waters
Peter Green
Eric Clapton
John Hammond
Keb Mo
Honeyboy Edwards
Robert Lockwood
Robert Palmer
[Reply]
DeepPurple 07:56 AM 09-05-2019
About 6 years after the Animals released the song, one of the first heavy metal songs I ever heard was this version by Frijid Pink

[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:00 AM 09-05-2019
About a year before Frijid Pink released House of the Rising Sun, the first heavy metal tune I would say goes to Blue Cheer for Summertime Blues. This was also a remake, but not that old, it was 1958 by Eddie Cochran.

[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 12:31 AM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
About a year before Frijid Pink released House of the Rising Sun, the first heavy metal tune I would say goes to Blue Cheer for Summertime Blues. This was also a remake, but not that old, it was 1958 by Eddie Cochran.

I like it and the video above.

Eddie Cochran and Gene Vincent. gotta love it.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:52 AM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
Sorry but until a few days ago I didn't know about this place, yep...newbie.

Hit up some mod and check IP addresses, and I have never been banned anywhere.
That’s not what Chuck E. Cheese is saying...
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:28 PM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
About 6 years after the Animals released the song, one of the first heavy metal songs I ever heard was this version by Frijid Pink

I'm starting to think we're related with our takes on movies and music.My mother actually had this album in her collection and I was just about to post it,glad I read the thread first.
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:31 PM 09-06-2019
I also loved the cover(although the words were changed up to fit the show) that was used in Sons Of Anarchy performed by The White Buffalo.

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up