Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Media Center>Joker - Warner Bros. movie
Sure-Oz 08:45 AM 04-03-2019
New teaser....I'm intrigued

https://youtu.be/t433PEQGErc
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:55 AM 10-07-2019
CNN has weighed in and you'll never guess what they feel the film 'validates' and 'led to the rise of.'
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:14 PM 10-07-2019
It was ok. Didn't think it was some masterpiece like some have said/reviewed.

Clearly the most entertaining part was when he started to transform into Joker. That's when the movie started to finally pick up.

Because other than that, the movie for the most part was slow and dull.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:58 PM 10-07-2019
Phoenix is absolutely making it sound like a sequel is a possibility.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:11 AM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Phoenix is absolutely making it sound like a sequel is a possibility.
if they give him a deal with the % of profits like Downey got with the Avengers, that’s generational life changing money. Got to be hard to turn down.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:29 AM 10-08-2019
It could work out time-wise really well. Bruce is what, 10 or 11 when this movie takes place in I think they said 1981. So if you put Robert Pattinson in the same universe and have him be a brand new Batman, you could easily introduce Joaquin Phoenix in The Batman and get that rivalry started and setup a pretty impressive trilogy if done right.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:10 AM 10-08-2019
I haven't seen it, but it sounds somewhat like Christian Bale in American Psycho. I liked that film except when he killed the beggar's dog. Different lifestyles but the feedback seems similar.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:23 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
It could work out time-wise really well. Bruce is what, 10 or 11 when this movie takes place in I think they said 1981. So if you put Robert Pattinson in the same universe and have him be a brand new Batman, you could easily introduce Joaquin Phoenix in The Batman and get that rivalry started and setup a pretty impressive trilogy if done right.
heh, how old is Joker supposed to be? Phoenix is 44. So this is a geriatric Joker by the time Batman is a grown man?
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 05:45 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
CNN has weighed in and you'll never guess what they feel the film 'validates' and 'led to the rise of.'
This might be the most reviewed movie of all time.

Nearly every site has MULTIPLE reviews of it, which seems weird on it's face except they're clearly trying to manipulate public perception of the film.

Why did the Guardian feel the need to review it 3 times? I've seen two reviews from Vice. Multiple from Salon.

They're trying to stuff the critic box.

The movie is a Rorschach test. What you take away seems to have more to do with the person watching than anything the film itself does.

I wasn't blown away nor did I find any pushy messaging. I kinda felt like i'd already seen it since it borrows so many beats.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 06:18 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
This might be the most reviewed movie of all time.

Nearly every site has MULTIPLE reviews of it, which seems weird on it's face except they're clearly trying to manipulate public perception of the film.

Why did the Guardian feel the need to review it 3 times? I've seen two reviews from Vice. Multiple from Salon.

They're trying to stuff the critic box.

The movie is a Rorschach test. What you take away seems to have more to do with the person watching than anything the film itself does.

I wasn't blown away nor did I find any pushy messaging. I kinda felt like i'd already seen it since it borrows so many beats.
The one big take away I had was the subject of mental health and how it's treated in the US.

Another subject is
Spoiler!
, but I think that had more to do with how the story unfolded and not necessarily Phillips critiquing it.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:02 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
heh, how old is Joker supposed to be? Phoenix is 44. So this is a geriatric Joker by the time Batman is a grown man?
I think you could pass Phoenix as 30 in this movie, maybe a bit younger. I would say that Joker by trait is 10 years older than Bruce Wayne, it's a stretch, but not a massive one.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:14 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I think you could pass Phoenix as 30 in this movie, maybe a bit younger. I would say that Joker by trait is 10 years older than Bruce Wayne, it's a stretch, but not a massive one.
He looks way older than 30.

He actually looks older than 44.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:30 PM 10-08-2019
What pushy messenging was supposed to be in this movie?
[Reply]
bowener 08:20 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I am guessing here but probably that we need to consider mental health to be important for those that don't have access to services, as well as taking the ultra rich down a few pegs. I am guessing they won't make a Batman movie based off this, but it would be interesting to see how he is portrayed. Does the bat continue to beat the shit out of impoverished nobody criminals or will he actually go after white collar shits and beat the piss out of them? As it sits now Joker is an idol and symbol to the broken and poor in that universe.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:04 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:14 PM 10-09-2019

[Reply]
Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up