ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 25
« First < 121819202122 232425 >
Media Center>Anthem
keg in kc 02:50 PM 06-09-2018
BioWare's entry into the Destiny/Division market. Haven't seen anything since the short scripted demo video at last year's e3, until, finally, a long promo/q&a segment ending today's ea play event, and now the release date is official: 2/22/19

Should be a lot more info this week, it's clearly their focus this year. Will post more as I find it.

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:22 PM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I still get the loot (actually it's related to pilot data) bug too. People swear it's fixed, but I sometimes go days without drops if I don't reset.
It's easy enough to reset, just take one of your suits you don't use(interceptor for me) and delete all loadouts on it. Make a new one, don't alter it in anyway. Enter Freeplay, don't move just end it. Go change suits and delete the loadout. It seems to work everytime for me, if I reset it between every run I will get tons of MW and Legendaries the first run or 2.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:22 PM 08-07-2019
The nice part about the ten dailies is that they're usually doable in a reasonable amount of time. Basically run the cataclysm once on each of your javelins, do a little freeplay, and then do either a stronghold or some kind of daily mission.

It seems overwhelming at first, but it's not, and the rewards are much improved from where they were pre-cataclysm.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:24 PM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
It's easy enough to reset, just take one of your suits you don't use(interceptor for me) and delete all loadouts on it. Make a new one, don't alter it in anyway. Enter Freeplay, don't move just end it. Go change suits and delete the loadout. It seems to work everytime for me, if I reset it between every run I will get tons of MW and Legendaries the first run or 2.
What works for me is to delete ALL my loadouts, create a new default and go from there. No need to go into freeplay, etc.

The downside is I don't generally run with any cosmetic changes, because that's what seems to bug me out. So no armor, paint, wraps, animations, etc.

Although....one way you can tell you have the pilot data bug is that your javelin will show a default look even if you've tricked it out. So it's kind of a double-edged sword not to use different stuff...

I am running with custom armor this week, though. Some of the new stuff looks too cool not to use and I've gotten a couple drops anyway, although not nearly enough as everyone else.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:35 PM 08-07-2019
What works for me is to delete ALL my loadouts, create a new default and go from there. No need to go into freeplay, etc.

The downside is I don't generally run with any cosmetic changes, because that's what seems to bug me out. So no armor, paint, wraps, animations, etc.

Although....one way you can tell you have the pilot data bug is that your javelin will show a default look even if you've tricked it out. So it's kind of a double-edged sword not to use different stuff...

I am running with custom armor this week, though. Some of the new stuff looks too cool not to use and I've gotten a couple drops anyway, although not nearly enough as everyone else.
I went back and tried this method so I wouldn't have to do the freeplay thing constantly and my drops were still bad, for some reason that doesn't work for me. I looked this up just last night hoping it would work but nada for me.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:51 PM 08-07-2019
I've gotten two legendary shock maces on my ranger. When all I want is melee for my colossus and interceptor.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:45 PM 08-07-2019
Mirroring a comment I just made on discord, I really love the new event store. The challenges feel much more rewarding now and there's enough items to chase in the store that it feels worthwhile to grind. It's not just mindless repetition for tarsis rep or to complete gear challenges now.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:12 AM 08-08-2019
Mirroring a comment I just made on discord, I really love the new event store. The challenges feel much more rewarding now and there's enough items to chase in the store that it feels worthwhile to grind. It's not just mindless repetition for tarsis rep or to complete gear challenges now.
I really like the open world storm events, lots of fun to be had and challenging but not too much so.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:50 PM 08-09-2019
They definitely upped the drops. I had a streak of like 12 or 13 events in a row with a lemon today.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:52 AM 08-10-2019
They definitely upped the drops. I had a streak of like 12 or 13 events in a row with a lemon today.
Not sure why they time gated the new weapons/support items and they're not even out yet.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:42 AM 08-10-2019
Makes total sense to me. Mete out the rewards to give people an incentive to log in for ensuing weeks of the event. Same basic principle as the rotating event store.

Just imagine people getting all the weapons and gear they want in the first two or three weeks, then complaining for the last three that they don't have anything to do.

I ended up getting a legendary out of every single thing I did yesterday. That's never gonna happen again.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:06 PM 08-10-2019
Makes total sense to me. Mete out the rewards to give people an incentive to log in for ensuing weeks of the event. Same basic principle as the rotating event store.

Just imagine people getting all the weapons and gear they want in the first two or three weeks, then complaining for the last three that they don't have anything to do.

I ended up getting a legendary out of every single thing I did yesterday. That's never gonna happen again.
I'm sorry I wouldn't complain if I found the perfect gear, time gating is just a bad business practice. That being said it seems like it would take years to get the perfect gear even with legendaries dropping I haven't found a single upgrade since the RNG is so poor. I basically have nothing left this week to play for but i'm doing it anyways because the stats on almost all of my gear is garbage.

Like I said i've been playing lately because the gameplay is fun and satisfying the same reason I played Mass Effect 3 multiplayer because the gameplay itself sets it apart from others.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:37 AM 08-11-2019
Time gating is what these games are. That ain't changing soon.

I finished the store off on Thursday. So far banked 25 major crystals and 2500 minor. The only thing I've done the last three days is try to complete challenges, learn secrets and complain about randos on discord.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:55 PM 08-11-2019
Time gating is what these games are. That ain't changing soon.

I finished the store off on Thursday. So far banked 25 major crystals and 2500 minor. The only thing I've done the last three days is try to complete challenges, learn secrets and complain about randos on discord.
Not all games time gate crap, just Anthem and Division to my knowledge. It's a poor excuse for not putting out content and being lazy. Anthem took a big step in the right direction so they need to cater to what people want to get them back.

I'm sure you agree the RNG in this game is unforgiving, it seems it would take years to find the perfect gear so time gating is not necessary. Diablo 2 and 3 didn't time gate and I consider those games to be kings of the looter genre.

Aiming for this build right now...

[Reply]
keg in kc 10:08 AM 08-12-2019
I don't have enough gear to worry about build at this point. I almost always get lemon drops for things I already have, going back months...

I may by the end of the cataclysm, though. I've gotten some new things in between the waves of repeats.

Have lemon melee on all 4 javelins now, albeit not necessarily the melee weapons I might want. And I only have one more gear challenge to finish on my colossus. After that, it's just interceptor.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:47 PM 08-12-2019
I don't have enough gear to worry about build at this point. I almost always get lemon drops for things I already have, going back months...

I may by the end of the cataclysm, though. I've gotten some new things in between the waves of repeats.

Have lemon melee on all 4 javelins now, albeit not necessarily the melee weapons I might want. And I only have one more gear challenge to finish on my colossus. After that, it's just interceptor.
Im up to 14 major and 20k minor crystals from Cata Farming. I don't mind grinding as long as i see an upgrade now and then but I really haven't seen an upgrade in a while. Also I still have to reset my javelin to get legendary drops otherwise its mostly purple with a few MW mixed in. They need to fix the system and let Legendarys fall more frequently because 99.9% of them are garbage. I did a couple of GM3 Stronghold runs and not a single legendary, so it's really not worth the difficulty.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 25
« First < 121819202122 232425 >
Up