ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 25
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Media Center>Anthem
keg in kc 02:50 PM 06-09-2018
BioWare's entry into the Destiny/Division market. Haven't seen anything since the short scripted demo video at last year's e3, until, finally, a long promo/q&a segment ending today's ea play event, and now the release date is official: 2/22/19

Should be a lot more info this week, it's clearly their focus this year. Will post more as I find it.

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:05 AM 03-28-2019
Ranger and Interceptor got major buffs, this dude is soloing GM3 content with the Ranger, something totally impossible before the patch.

[Reply]
keg in kc 11:38 AM 03-28-2019
Loot got a major buff, too. I've gotten about 30 masterworks and 5 legendaries since the patch went live Tuesday. I'd gotten 2 legendaries total before that - I traditionally do very poorly with rng...

Best results personally have come running gm2 legendary contracts, although I did get one legendary from a gm1 stronghold (first time ever for me...). GM2 freeplay has so far netted disappointing results. I've not yet run one of the new legendary critical missions.

In any case, loot has been much, much, much better for me.

I actually finished my platinum medal on Tuesday. My first platinum game!

I am pretty much out of things to do at this point, however. I'll finish Challenge of Resolve this weekend, and right now there's nothing after that. So I'm left grinding for legendary gear and watching my Champion of Tarsis rep crawl ever so slowly toward 150k. Right now I'm just over 30k, so, you know, end of the year maybe, lol.

Did start a new pilot so I could hear the female voiceover, and have actually had some fun with that. My interceptor-only pilot. I was surprised and pleased to discover blueprints carry-over, so she's had legendary weapons and epic gear from the get-go.

Otherwise now it's just waiting for new content. Which fortunately is what the next live stream will cover.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:50 PM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Loot got a major buff, too. I've gotten about 30 masterworks and 5 legendaries since the patch went live Tuesday. I'd gotten 2 legendaries total before that - I traditionally do very poorly with rng...

Best results personally have come running gm2 legendary contracts, although I did get one legendary from a gm1 stronghold (first time ever for me...). GM2 freeplay has so far netted disappointing results. I've not yet run one of the new legendary critical missions.

In any case, loot has been much, much, much better for me.

I actually finished my platinum medal on Tuesday. My first platinum game!

I am pretty much out of things to do at this point, however. I'll finish Challenge of Resolve this weekend, and right now there's nothing after that. So I'm left grinding for legendary gear and watching my Champion of Tarsis rep crawl ever so slowly toward 150k. Right now I'm just over 30k, so, you know, end of the year maybe, lol.

Did start a new pilot so I could hear the female voiceover, and have actually had some fun with that. My interceptor-only pilot. I was surprised and pleased to discover blueprints carry-over, so she's had legendary weapons and epic gear from the get-go.

Otherwise now it's just waiting for new content. Which fortunately is what the next live stream will cover.
I found 4 Legendaries in the first week and one about 3 weeks ago, no more than that which is disappointing and keeps me from playing more. The drop rate seems a lot worse to me now than it was before. Add to that the fact that the Masterworks versions are all better and it seems to me they need to totally overhaul the entire system. Worse yet the best drop rate on luck seems to be having Zero luck at least for me I can have anywhere from 30% to 127% and anything other than zero seems worse.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:15 PM 03-28-2019
Most of that was addressed in Tuesday's patch. The drop rate and luck stuff, at least. I've seen an incredible amount of crying about it on social media, that it's still slow, but my personal experience is what I laid out above. My guess is people played 3 or 4 missions, had bad rng and gave up. It still ebbs and flows - that's rng... I might only get 2 or 3 mw in a single mission. Or I might get 5 or 6.

I do know that I got more drops - and better drops - the last two days than I had over the last two weeks. And playing a bit less now than then.

Most of my masterworks have shit rolls so far, so my legendaries are generally upgrades by default. I did get a legendary marksman rifle with +225% damage. My first one actually.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:47 PM 03-28-2019
Aaaand just got another legendary. :-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:22 PM 03-28-2019
Most of that was addressed in Tuesday's patch. The drop rate and luck stuff, at least. I've seen an incredible amount of crying about it on social media, that it's still slow, but my personal experience is what I laid out above. My guess is people played 3 or 4 missions, had bad rng and gave up. It still ebbs and flows - that's rng... I might only get 2 or 3 mw in a single mission. Or I might get 5 or 6.

I do know that I got more drops - and better drops - the last two days than I had over the last two weeks. And playing a bit less now than then.

Most of my masterworks have shit rolls so far, so my legendaries are generally upgrades by default. I did get a legendary marksman rifle with +225% damage. My first one actually.
Nice, i'm waiting for more content so I don't get too bored with what's there now. Also Division seems to drop me tons of loot and I love the 3rd person cover shooter stuff, Mass Effect 3 hooked me on that. I put in about 20 hours last week with very few Masterworks and no legendaries. Ran about 12 hours on the new patch and still nothing, it's not kind to me and I don't feel like grinding right now when we need more strongholds.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:42 PM 03-29-2019
New stuff looks pretty badass.

Would be really badass if it's connected to or even rewards from upcoming content.

[Reply]
Pants 10:43 AM 04-13-2019
So...

Champion of Tarsis...
How in the fuck?

You got 50,000 for all three factions?

How did you manage that? Am I missing something?
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:17 PM 04-13-2019
God no. I was just starting it that day. I'm around 50k now.

Live stream next week finally, and the next big patch should be the following week. I'm not sure what it'll entail aside from the 4th stronghold.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:48 PM 04-13-2019
God no. I was just starting it that day. I'm around 50k now.

Live stream next week finally, and the next big patch should be the following week. I'm not sure what it'll entail aside from the 4th stronghold.
This game needs a lot to help. For one thing there is literally no way to min/max your builds when loot is so rare. They need to increase legendary drops AND give us a way to work towards enhancing them/switching out stats like Division does an incredible job of. Also a serious lack of content with still only 3 strongholds? They don't even have an outlaw stronghold or a way to farm them for your dailies/weeklies yet.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:11 PM 04-13-2019
Loot hasn't been all that rare in weeks. I'm getting at least a legendary a day, playing casually. Often more; my best is usually 5 or 6. You sound bugged to me.

Easiest fix I know of: Build a new default copy of the javelin you intend to play. Delete every other javelin. Build another new default copy of that same javelin (I'll call this copy 'Newjav' for reference). Delete the first new copy you made. Outfit the Newjav copy with whatever gear and weapons you like. Profit.

That should fix you. There is a database issue with the forge. Which they obviously need to fix. But that workaround has worked for me. Basically I do it anytime a run nets me only blues and epics.

Oh, and I don't mess with appearance or animations. Just one more thing that seems to bug me out, although I see tons of people not in default armor kitted out in legendary gear. So that may just be me being paranoid.

Outlaws are very easy to farm in freeplay. There are a couple of caves that always spawn them. I finished the 2500 for challenge of might in 2 or 3 days. The 500 for the weekly is pretty trivial at this point, although I agree that a stronghold would be nice.

My guess is that the new one, The Sunken, is Dominion, but that's just a guess.

The Cataclysm in May, whatever that ends up involving, needs to be huge.

New story content needs to come fairly soon, as well, whether that's with the Cataclysm or after (I do know they've recorded more v/o). Because right now the daily rotation for me is one or two legendary contracts, a few stronghold runs and maybe some freeplay. Which is fine for now. But a couple of months from now? ...
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:48 AM 04-14-2019
Loot hasn't been all that rare in weeks. I'm getting at least a legendary a day, playing casually. Often more; my best is usually 5 or 6. You sound bugged to me.

Easiest fix I know of: Build a new default copy of the javelin you intend to play. Delete every other javelin. Build another new default copy of that same javelin (I'll call this copy 'Newjav' for reference). Delete the first new copy you made. Outfit the Newjav copy with whatever gear and weapons you like. Profit.

That should fix you. There is a database issue with the forge. Which they obviously need to fix. But that workaround has worked for me. Basically I do it anytime a run nets me only blues and epics.

Oh, and I don't mess with appearance or animations. Just one more thing that seems to bug me out, although I see tons of people not in default armor kitted out in legendary gear. So that may just be me being paranoid.

Outlaws are very easy to farm in freeplay. There are a couple of caves that always spawn them. I finished the 2500 for challenge of might in 2 or 3 days. The 500 for the weekly is pretty trivial at this point, although I agree that a stronghold would be nice.

My guess is that the new one, The Sunken, is Dominion, but that's just a guess.

The Cataclysm in May, whatever that ends up involving, needs to be huge.

New story content needs to come fairly soon, as well, whether that's with the Cataclysm or after (I do know they've recorded more v/o). Because right now the daily rotation for me is one or two legendary contracts, a few stronghold runs and maybe some freeplay. Which is fine for now. But a couple of months from now? ...
I've tried tons of different builds and the same result as I haven't seen a Legendary for over a month, probably closer to 6 weeks. I know the outlaw caves exist but there should be other ways to farm the outlaws than the same 1 or 2 locations for the weekly.

The Masterworks are also incredibly boring as most have rolls that are just pure crap. They should completely remove things like +ammo rolls as no one gives a bleep about that. They need more interesting loot and a way to work towards rerolling parts of it as 99.9% of everything that drops is a breakdown/trash.

From what Kotaku posted it seems evident that this game suffers from the same thing Destiny 2 did. They fought each other all along and rushed to come out with small boring content that seems to have been pushed out just to get the game released. I didn't want to believe it but the endgame is just way too shallow and doesn't have enough meat to hold me over.

I'm not completely giving up on the game but I'm surely going to wait until it has had a lot of changes and hopefully a completely redesigned loot system.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:03 AM 04-14-2019
Legendaries have been dropping at a visibly higher rate for weeks now. There's no way you aren't bugged in some way if you're not getting any. Unless you're just playing for a few minutes and logging off. In that case, that's just RNG being RNG. But otherwise, the drop rate is high enough now that it's rare for me not to see one if I play a couple hours. I went from getting 1 the entire time before the loot patch, to having a legendary Storm and some legendary gear and components on all three of my other javelins.

It's not just about changing your build, you have to purge all the non-default builds from the forge and start fresh, in the way I described. There can only be one javelin build, the active one, and it must be started from default with no other builds saved on any other javelins. You have to purge whatever corrupt pilot data you have.

It's evidently responsible for many issues ranging from loot not dropping at the correct levels to components not working (i.e. the armor bug) to weapons not registering correctly. So if you see anything screwy, anything at all, your pilot is bugged. Not getting appropriate loot at grandmaster levels, that's one big one. Also, showing different amounts of armor when you run the same javelin set up on different things, that's another sign you're bugged. Or if your weapons suddenly aren't doing the correct damage.

(This is something the playerbase has figured out on its own through pretty extensive testing; this is not information from BioWare. And they have to fix this, pronto...)

You can fix (and I have fixed...) all of those things by completely resetting your pilot data in the forge. Seriously. Try it, and then run grandmaster heart of rage 4 or 5 times. I'd be really surprised if you didn't pull at least one legendary out of that. In fact, I did last night. Ran 3, got 1.

As far as masterworks go, I delete almost all of them at this point.
[Reply]
Pants 07:22 PM 04-14-2019
I'm still enjoying this game and I haven't even started building a "good" javelin.

I'm just putting the best available item in their respective slots.

Currently, I am working on getting all of the MW blueprints. It's a cool way to try and see all of the different weapons in action.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:34 AM 04-15-2019
Legendaries have been dropping at a visibly higher rate for weeks now. There's no way you aren't bugged in some way if you're not getting any. Unless you're just playing for a few minutes and logging off. In that case, that's just RNG being RNG. But otherwise, the drop rate is high enough now that it's rare for me not to see one if I play a couple hours. I went from getting 1 the entire time before the loot patch, to having a legendary Storm and some legendary gear and components on all three of my other javelins.

It's not just about changing your build, you have to purge all the non-default builds from the forge and start fresh, in the way I described. There can only be one javelin build, the active one, and it must be started from default with no other builds saved on any other javelins. You have to purge whatever corrupt pilot data you have.

It's evidently responsible for many issues ranging from loot not dropping at the correct levels to components not working (i.e. the armor bug) to weapons not registering correctly. So if you see anything screwy, anything at all, your pilot is bugged. Not getting appropriate loot at grandmaster levels, that's one big one. Also, showing different amounts of armor when you run the same javelin set up on different things, that's another sign you're bugged. Or if your weapons suddenly aren't doing the correct damage.

(This is something the playerbase has figured out on its own through pretty extensive testing; this is not information from BioWare. And they have to fix this, pronto...)

You can fix (and I have fixed...) all of those things by completely resetting your pilot data in the forge. Seriously. Try it, and then run grandmaster heart of rage 4 or 5 times. I'd be really surprised if you didn't pull at least one legendary out of that. In fact, I did last night. Ran 3, got 1.

As far as masterworks go, I delete almost all of them at this point.
Interesting and note I haven't seen this posted anywhere. Perhaps i'll give it a try soon, I also don't want to get burned out on the small amount of content currently available though. I kind of hit a wall when I found out how shallow the loot system was and how much content it lacked. Really hoping they make some great improvements over the next year or so.

So you're saying I can only have 1 Javelin build at a time from ALL my Javelins? Like if i want to run a Ranger but have a storm build I have to delete all the storm builds and only have the ranger then rise and repeat?

Ok I deleted all my builds and started from a clean default and got some Masterworks in about 5 hours but again zero legendaries with 60 to 94 luck. I just don't think this is the problem, the drop rates just aren't good enough. They need to do what Diablo does and after so many hours of no legendaries just have one drop automatically.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 25
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up