ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 163
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
stumppy 12:07 AM 02-01-2005
Originally Posted by PastorMikH:
I'm sure there will be some upset at this, but if hunting stuff bothers you, you shouldn't have opened the thread.

Well, this is definately a first for me. The first Bobcat I have ever seen long enough to be sure that is what I was looking at and the Triple Duece was able to get the job done on him. I wasn't anywhere near as excited after deer season as I was after getting this guy.
Nice kill Pastor. :-)

I've only seen one in the wild. I was leaned up against a tree, deer hunting, it came out of some thick brush about 20 yards away, sniffed around, took a dump then headed back into the thick stuff.
I'm fortunate in that I have a nephew that does taxidermy. If I ever catch/kill any type of trophy it should cost me next to nothing.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 12:09 AM 02-01-2005
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Nice kill Pastor. :-)

I've only seen one in the wild. I was leaned up against a tree, deer hunting, it came out of some thick brush about 20 yards away, sniffed around, took a dump then headed back into the thick stuff.
I'm fortunate in that I have a nephew that does taxidermy. If I ever catch/kill any type of trophy it should cost me next to nothing.

Thanks. The thought of having it mounted is appealing. Say, you wanna tell your nephew that you shot it?:-)
[Reply]
Chiefnj 12:13 AM 02-01-2005
I have had some guys mention taking it to taxidermist but I doubt I can swing the cost right now and I am sure the wife won't want it in the freezer that long.:-)
Yeah, women have this thing against carcasses in the freezer.
[Reply]
stumppy 12:16 AM 02-01-2005
Thanks. The thought of having it mounted is appealing. Say, you wanna tell your nephew that you shot it?:-)
Actually he would probably do it pretty cheap. He went to taxidermy school in S. Dakota (i think) last winter and hasn't been in it long enough to really make a business out of it. The stuff I've seen of his looks top notch to me. He showed me a Bass he did, looked like it was jumping out of water chasing baitfish. He used some kind of acrylic stuff to make the water. Pretty darn cool.
I'll holler at him in the next day or so and see what he would do it for.
Never hurts to ask.
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 08:06 AM 02-01-2005
Nice cat, Preacher.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:22 AM 02-01-2005
,,,,,, isn't going to approve of your mean treatment of that kitty. You're destined for a neg rep.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 08:40 AM 02-01-2005
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Hello - commatard on the loose., isn't going to approve of your mean treatment of that kitty. You're destined for a neg rep.

Like I said in the post of the cat, if she doesn't approve of such things, she should stay off the thread.
[Reply]
chiefs4me 10:28 AM 02-01-2005
Hello - commatard on the loose., isn't going to approve of your mean treatment of that kitty. You're destined for a neg rep.

I don't mind kills like this one. My brother hunts all the time. He has a stuffed bobcat that he killed. If I can find the picture I will post it. I don't like senseless killing, or just for sport. People who shoot kitty's and birds just because they can are the ones I have a problem with.:-)
[Reply]
chiefs4me 10:31 AM 02-01-2005

I don't like the name you have attached to me,,can you call me Cathy or chiefs4me. please :-)
[Reply]
Iowanian 10:40 AM 02-01-2005
I just typed ",,,," what on earth makes you think thats about you?

I've just bought a new rifle and sited it in..I can't wait to see if it'll take the head off of a bluejay at 70 yards.
[Reply]
yunghungwell 10:43 AM 02-01-2005
Blue jays are the devil. Not to mention, Toronto sucks.
[Reply]
chiefs4me 10:59 AM 02-01-2005
I just typed ",,,," what on earth makes you think thats about you?

I've just bought a new rifle and sited it in..I can't wait to see if it'll take the head off of a bluejay at 70 yards.

Why stop there,,why not shoot a couple of bunnies and maybe a redbird? But if you shoot the redbird,,your summer will never come.:-)
[Reply]
yunghungwell 11:24 AM 02-01-2005
,,,,You have tried to hijack this thread a number of times. Why don't you just have a tall glass of "shut the hell up"? Let a few football fans who also happen to enjoy hunting have their little sidebar thread and go spew you bile in some other thread. There usually is plenty of feces to be flung around the DC forum.
Attached: picture-makes-more-sense.jpg (58.8 KB) 
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:19 PM 02-01-2005
I just realized in looking through this thread I never posted a pic of the bear I shot with my bow up in SK last May.

Darn - the file is too big, won't upload.
[Reply]
Iowanian 12:29 PM 02-01-2005
resize the file in irfanview. I'd lahk ta see that Baaar.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 163
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Up