ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 163
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 10:52 PM 01-31-2005
I'm sure there will be some upset at this, but if hunting stuff bothers you, you shouldn't have opened the thread.

Well, this is definately a first for me. The first Bobcat I have ever seen long enough to be sure that is what I was looking at and the Triple Duece was able to get the job done on him. I wasn't anywhere near as excited after deer season as I was after getting this guy.
Attached: Bobcat1.jpg (32.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Iowanian 10:56 PM 01-31-2005
Fuggin A Preacher!

Is that one of those new Thompson Centerfires?
[Reply]
PastorMikH 10:59 PM 01-31-2005
Originally Posted by Iowanian:

Is that one of those new Thompson Centerfires?

No, it's my old TC contender (they've been around for years) with a 21' 222 remington barrel on it and a 3x9 Leupold scope. A REALLY sweet setup for coyotes - and the 222 has plenty of punch without tearing up the hides.

BTW, the first hit was 150+ yards off-hand.:-)
[Reply]
jspchief 11:00 PM 01-31-2005
Pretty cool. I'd like to get a shot at one of those someday.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 11:01 PM 01-31-2005
Originally Posted by jspchief:
Pretty cool. I'd like to get a shot at one of those someday.

I had just told the guy I was with a few hours before about a draw that I thought would be great for calling cats and how I would REALLY like to get a bobcat - they aren't the easiest animals to find.
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:01 PM 01-31-2005
I was shopping for a heavy barrel .17 the other day, but came home with a .22 mag and a middle of the road scope. I suppose is some planeteer invites me out to whack Prairie Dogs, I'll get one of those.

I'm thinking those Thompson's are pretty cool these days.......
[Reply]
PastorMikH 11:04 PM 01-31-2005
I was shopping for a heavy barrel .17 the other day, but came home with a .22 mag and a middle of the road scope. I suppose is some planeteer invites me out to whack Prairie Dogs, I'll get one of those.

I'm missing the Prairie Dogs. :-)

BTW, check this link out if you haven't already - It's what happens when a Prairie Dog and a 55gr Hornady meet...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attac...chmentid=37096
[Reply]
PastorMikH 11:07 PM 01-31-2005

The thing I love about the Contender is the versatility. I can put the pistol grip back on and one of 4 different barrels/calibers that I have (including rimfire). And they are EXTREMELY accurate. I have a 10" bull barrel in the 222 also and I have shot 5 shots in under .5 of an inch at 100 yards with it - best group of my life.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:18 PM 01-31-2005
Originally Posted by PastorMikH:
I'm sure there will be some upset at this, but if hunting stuff bothers you, you shouldn't have opened the thread.

Well, this is definately a first for me. The first Bobcat I have ever seen long enough to be sure that is what I was looking at and the Triple Duece was able to get the job done on him. I wasn't anywhere near as excited after deer season as I was after getting this guy.
Not to take anything away from your kill, but for some reason I have always been a little wary of killing predators...unless of course they are threatening humans. Hey to each his own, it's a good looking kill.

Nice gun, btw!
[Reply]
PastorMikH 11:21 PM 01-31-2005
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Not to take anything away from your kill, but for some reason I have always been a little wary of killing predators...unless of course they are threatening humans. Hey to each his own, it's a good looking kill.

Nice gun, btw!

Thanks! The particular place in question USED to have lots of quail. This year when they took me there, we found none. If there are more cats in the area (and there probably are) that could explain why the quail have dissappeared.
[Reply]
Chiefnj 11:23 PM 01-31-2005
What did you do with the cat?
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:25 PM 01-31-2005
Originally Posted by PastorMikH:
Thanks! The particular place in question USED to have lots of quail. This year when they took me there, we found none. If there are more cats in the area (and there probably are) that could explain why the quail have dissappeared.
I just got a mental picture of Sylvester with yellow feathers coming out of his mouth...bad puddy tat!! :-)
[Reply]
PastorMikH 11:25 PM 01-31-2005
Originally Posted by Chiefnj:
What did you do with the cat?

Have him in the freezer right now. I have to have him tagged by a game warden, then I can sell the him to a furbearer (he comes through town on Wed). They are bringing anywhere from $80-$200 down here from what I hear. This one wieghed in at around 18 lbs so I imagine it will be closer to the lower amount.
[Reply]
Chiefnj 11:27 PM 01-31-2005
It would look nice in a full mount swiping at a quail.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 11:29 PM 01-31-2005
Originally Posted by Chiefnj:
It would look nice in a full mount swiping at a quail.

I have had some guys mention taking it to taxidermist but I doubt I can swing the cost right now and I am sure the wife won't want it in the freezer that long.:-)
[Reply]
Page 17 of 163
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Up