ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 107 of 163
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:23 PM 11-18-2013
Confirmed a city cop from KC area and a vet as well as a dad was killed this weekend when a tree blew down on him…was a dad who had a little guy who loved going hunting with dad. I know this is a place where anything can be made fun of but if you have an interest…

Donations for the family's expenses can be given to:
James Lockard Memorial Fund
c/o Code One Credit Union
PO Box 270020
Kansas City, MO 64127

Dad and his little guy…

[Reply]
Fish 10:35 AM 11-22-2013
Mountain lion spotted 5 miles north of Hutchinson, KS. Caught on a trailcam.

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:13 AM 11-22-2013
Went out for opening day firearm in Nebraska last weekend. Couple things:

To warm, and WAY to goddam windy. Saturday morning hit the tree line at 6:15, but there were MANY other hunters out there. That's the problem when you have to hunt CRP. Me and two buddies take the weekend every year and go to the same spot. Usually somebody gets something, but this year, maybe the heat, the wind, the crowded hunting, I dont' know...but we didn't even hear more than 5 shots all morning, for miles around. Strange opening day for sure. Usually after the horn goes off, it's like WWIII, but nothing.

Then, at about 8 AM, I heard a .22 go off in our area. Then I heard voices. Then my buddy got on the radio saying there were a couple guys walking around with camo and NO ORANGE. These were the dickwads walking around shooting their .22. This went on for HOURS. We never saw them after my buddy called it in, but we heard the little fuckers. Basically blew the hunt. Left at lunch and came back for an evening hunt. STILL could hear them. That's just...strange. Ran into a farmer before lunch who said he called the game warden because he had heard from others that these idiots were out there. Obviously, didn't make a difference. That was actually a little scary. I was hearing bullets wizzing through the trees over my head. I thought about marching off to confront them, but I'm wearing orange, they're not...who knows what these assholes might have been on. Scary for sure...

Next day, got out early and nobody was around. Windier than Saturday. I actually had a 5x5 walk right up behind me, no shit maybe 10 feet away, but I had no shot. I looked him right in the eye over my shoulder though...that was actually really cool.

Took a desperation shot at some does about 5 minutes after that. Missed, too far away.

Shitty weekend. Thinking about going out tomorrow...but its gonna be cold as hell. I dunno. We'll have to see.
[Reply]
tooge 10:27 PM 11-22-2013
I took my 11 year old out this eve for a deer hunt. He's a bit antsy so we were in a blind. Bout 4:45 a buck comes walkin by about 60 yatds out. I couldn't tell how many points, but it has to have 4 on one side to be legal. He set his scope on him and told me it was an 8. He took the shot. It ran about 40 feet and dropped. I'm very proud, as it was a perfect heart shot. Heart was blown up when I dressed it. His first deer. No trophy by any means, but he's a proud boy. Shot it with his .243 he got thus summer for hhis birthday. He helped me dress it. Good hunt!
[Reply]
tooge 10:30 PM 11-22-2013
Funny thing is we saw a ten pointer that was a wall hanger while we waited in the blind. He was sorta bummed after that, but I don't think the bug buck was gonna come out if the woods till after shootin light.
[Reply]
Gonzo 10:44 PM 11-22-2013
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Went out for opening day firearm in Nebraska last weekend. Couple things:

To warm, and WAY to goddam windy. Saturday morning hit the tree line at 6:15, but there were MANY other hunters out there. That's the problem when you have to hunt CRP. Me and two buddies take the weekend every year and go to the same spot. Usually somebody gets something, but this year, maybe the heat, the wind, the crowded hunting, I dont' know...but we didn't even hear more than 5 shots all morning, for miles around. Strange opening day for sure. Usually after the horn goes off, it's like WWIII, but nothing.

Then, at about 8 AM, I heard a .22 go off in our area. Then I heard voices. Then my buddy got on the radio saying there were a couple guys walking around with camo and NO ORANGE. These were the dickwads walking around shooting their .22. This went on for HOURS. We never saw them after my buddy called it in, but we heard the little fuckers. Basically blew the hunt. Left at lunch and came back for an evening hunt. STILL could hear them. That's just...strange. Ran into a farmer before lunch who said he called the game warden because he had heard from others that these idiots were out there. Obviously, didn't make a difference. That was actually a little scary. I was hearing bullets wizzing through the trees over my head. I thought about marching off to confront them, but I'm wearing orange, they're not...who knows what these assholes might have been on. Scary for sure...

Next day, got out early and nobody was around. Windier than Saturday. I actually had a 5x5 walk right up behind me, no shit maybe 10 feet away, but I had no shot. I looked him right in the eye over my shoulder though...that was actually really cool.

Took a desperation shot at some does about 5 minutes after that. Missed, too far away.

Shitty weekend. Thinking about going out tomorrow...but its gonna be cold as hell. I dunno. We'll have to see.
This is why I don't hunt public shit anymore. You said you heard the "horn go off."
Was this down by the Tecumseh prison by chance?
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:56 AM 11-25-2013
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
This is why I don't hunt public shit anymore. You said you heard the "horn go off."
Was this down by the Tecumseh prison by chance?
Nope, about 30 minutes south of Crete. I guess I just assumed that it goes off to let you know it's shooting time. It goes off every time about 30 minutes before sunup...

and I hate hunting CRP. I just don't have a choice right now.
[Reply]
Gonzo 08:41 AM 11-25-2013
Nope, about 30 minutes south of Crete. I guess I just assumed that it goes off to let you know it's shooting time. It goes off every time about 30 minutes before sunup...

and I hate hunting CRP. I just don't have a choice right now.
Oh Jesus. Let me help you out here. I know of some decent public land and CRP that's not overly used or hunted.
Some of these places have a yearly access fee but it's worth it.

I'll try to get that to you via PM as soon as I can.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:49 AM 11-25-2013
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
Oh Jesus. Let me help you out here. I know of some decent public land and CRP that's not overly used or hunted.
Some of these places have a yearly access fee but it's worth it.

I'll try to get that to you via PM as soon as I can.
Cool! I appreciate it!
[Reply]
Gonzo 08:53 AM 11-25-2013
Cool! I appreciate it!
No sweat. Sent
If I think of more, I'll send it along.
[Reply]
ghak99 04:43 PM 11-26-2013
If you like to chase ducks, now is a great time to be out there!

[Reply]
mike_b_284 09:40 AM 12-23-2013
why, if elk and moose are in the deer family (Cervidae), are they called bulls, cows, and calfs why not buck,doe, and fawn?
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:09 AM 12-23-2013
My popup Double Bull Blind is an igloo after all the ice and freezing rain. Ill be back after it by next weekend. Chasing a great 10 point and there was a non typical hanging with him.
[Reply]
ghak99 01-19-2014, 08:27 PM
This message has been deleted by ghak99. Reason: wrong link
ghak99 08:31 PM 01-19-2014

[Reply]
Sorter 09:55 PM 01-19-2014
Originally Posted by Fish:
Mountain lion spotted 5 miles north of Hutchinson, KS. Caught on a trailcam.

Awesome.
[Reply]
Page 107 of 163
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117157 > Last »
Up