ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Nzoner's Game Room>In n Out burger opens in Colorado. Sparking fights and 14 hour waits
Deberg_1990 07:50 PM 11-21-2020
:-)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...our-lines.html

Colorado residents waited up to 14 hours to get their hands on In-N-Out burgers and fries after the California chain opened two locations in the state Friday.

The line - and resulting traffic - got so out of hand that the Aurora Police Department took to Twitter to beg people to support other local eateries and hit the In-N-Out Burger another day.

Those who stayed in line, however, were treated to at least one dustup, in which two would-be In-N-Out customers exited their cars and got into a fistfight during the wait.

At the In-N-Out location in Aurora, Colorado, the line of people waiting to get inside wrapped around the mall by 8.15am, hours before the restaurant opened.

Two and a half hours later, police reported that the line was already causing traffic delays in the area.

'It’s official, traffic is double double animal style right now all around the mall,' the Aurora Police Department tweeted at 10.40pm.

'We are on hand helping manage the massive traffic response. Be patient and be kind. Maybe support another local eatery today and In-n-Out another day if traffic is too hectic for you.'

A few minutes later, police tweeted: 'Speaking of local Aurora eateries who need business, let’s make some suggestions for everyone! Who is your go-to hometown Aurora eatery? Let’s help give some alternate ideas for lunch today for those who decide to bail on the long lines!'
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 04:51 PM 11-22-2020
I’m gonna have to grab a bottle :-) had no clue I just would save the cups if I ended up with any left
[Reply]
stevieray 04:54 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Culver's with Bleu Cheese crumbles.
be still my heart.
[Reply]
eDave 05:00 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Its something about California and the west coast vibe that draws people to it. The burger itself is ok the ingredients seem pretty fresh those fries are awful. When we started the preliminary pipeline feasibility survey it began in California. The crew was excited and so was I to try In N Out. The younger guys liked I kept telling them you can get a better burger every day at Town Topic, Hayes or LC's in Platte wood back home. I think it's mainly California hype from the old days of the Drive-in burger joints and car culture.
It just tasted better when it was just a California thing. Which reminds me of going to Marina Del Ray on weekend fishing trips with my dad and brothers and we would always eat at Carl's Jr. We didn't have them in KC at the time and I thought they were awesome. Now? Naw.
[Reply]
DanT 05:04 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Wendy's is underappreciated. It's a good all-around fast-food experience.
Yes, I agree. Wendy's burgers, sandwiches, and salads are solid, and they have baked potatoes, which I'd rather have than fries.
[Reply]
srvy 05:32 PM 11-22-2020
Whopper Wednesday BK is underrated. Two dollar whoppers and not the junior with fresh veggies. Not your usual wilted lettuce and near rotten tomato.

My son loves them so after school they are always hungry so whopper weds for me and son and chicken nugs for daughter. Also during summer 50 cent soft serve cones.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:42 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Wendy's is underappreciated. It's a good all-around fast-food experience.
Wendy's is the best major burger chain. They have a good spicy chicken sandwich as well. It's nowhere near as good as the Popeye's sandwich, but what is?

My only real issue with Wendy's is their fries, which can be hit or miss.
[Reply]
Coach 05:43 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Wendy's is the best major burger chain. They have a good spicy chicken sandwich as well. It's nowhere near as good as the Popeye's sandwich, but what is?

My only real issue with Wendy's is their fries, which can be hit or miss.
Agreed on all of the above, and agreed on their fries. It has been more miss than hit.

They need to put some kind of seasoning on the fries to make it better or something. It's just basically eating fried potatoes with no flavor.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:51 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
Agreed on all of the above, and agreed on their fries. It has been more miss than hit.

They need to put some kind of seasoning on the fries to make it better or something. It's just basically eating fried potatoes with no flavor.
The problem with the local place is sometimes they don't cook the fries enough. They're not inedible or anything, but they're much better extra crispy.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 06:54 PM 11-22-2020
Wendy's chili is underrated IMO.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up