ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>In n Out burger opens in Colorado. Sparking fights and 14 hour waits
Deberg_1990 07:50 PM 11-21-2020
:-)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...our-lines.html

Colorado residents waited up to 14 hours to get their hands on In-N-Out burgers and fries after the California chain opened two locations in the state Friday.

The line - and resulting traffic - got so out of hand that the Aurora Police Department took to Twitter to beg people to support other local eateries and hit the In-N-Out Burger another day.

Those who stayed in line, however, were treated to at least one dustup, in which two would-be In-N-Out customers exited their cars and got into a fistfight during the wait.

At the In-N-Out location in Aurora, Colorado, the line of people waiting to get inside wrapped around the mall by 8.15am, hours before the restaurant opened.

Two and a half hours later, police reported that the line was already causing traffic delays in the area.

'It’s official, traffic is double double animal style right now all around the mall,' the Aurora Police Department tweeted at 10.40pm.

'We are on hand helping manage the massive traffic response. Be patient and be kind. Maybe support another local eatery today and In-n-Out another day if traffic is too hectic for you.'

A few minutes later, police tweeted: 'Speaking of local Aurora eateries who need business, let’s make some suggestions for everyone! Who is your go-to hometown Aurora eatery? Let’s help give some alternate ideas for lunch today for those who decide to bail on the long lines!'
[Reply]
loochy 09:38 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
gave him a cease and desist order for reselling their product for a profit

then caved

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...es/4161567002/

That's dumb and it's very wrong that they did that.

It's also dumb that people would pay for marked up donuts.

In summation, everyone and everything is dumb.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:50 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Stoners.

:-)

I have a friend who owns a "fat shack" in Fort Collins. Why, I do not know...anyway, he told me the only "clientele" he has on a regular basis are stoners from the nearby College....they keep him rolling dough though....
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 09:52 AM 11-22-2020
Wow no mention of freddys steakburgers?! I’ll drive 5 hours for those burgers.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:52 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
That's dumb and it's very wrong that they did that.

It's also dumb that people would pay for marked up donuts.

In summation, everyone and everything is dumb.
For a while until Trader Joe's expanded, there were numerous trucks that would load up where there was a store, then travel to somewhere there wasn't.

Actually ended up showing Trader Joes where to expand next.
[Reply]
notorious 09:55 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas:
We've actually got a couple Freddys around here.

They had a Hatch chile burger last month that was fantastic. Their regular burgers are certainly on the better side of the fast food spectrum.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 09:57 AM 11-22-2020
I don't get it; how hard is it to fire up the grill and make your own burger? Heck, cut your own fries and get out the old deep fryer and make them like you want them. Or go totally nuts and make onion rings.

Can't remember the last time I had a burger out. Okay, Flea Market during the 2014/2015 Royals World Series season. Pretty good burger however the fries have suffered over the years.
[Reply]
scho63 09:58 AM 11-22-2020
Overrated burger and WORSE fries of any chain.

We had a similar situation when the World's largest White Castle opened in Scottsdale. It was chaos there the first 45-60 days.

They had people waiting for up to 6 hours for that crap. No fights.

They had to place limits on what people ordered as they ran out of food the first 10-12 days.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:59 AM 11-22-2020
The most I'd wait for In and Out is 30min. I can find something to do on my phone in that time.

I remember when Jack in the Box opened in Blue Springs about 10yrs ago, and they had cars backed up all the way down 7hwy both ways, cops had to direct traffic, cones etc....it was like this for about a month or 2.

FTR....I really wish White Castle would come back to KC area. I remember there being a White Castle in Blue Springs when I was a kid, where the current Clancy's bar is now on south outer road right off of I70 exit.

When I lived in Columbia MO, my friends and I would make stoner trips to Warrenton to get Crave Cases and drive back. Smoke on the way up, eat on the way back...all in about 1.5hrs. Great times. When I moved away, a White Castle popped up in Columbia just a couple months after I left :-)

Now anytime I have to work in CoMo, or STL...I always stop to get a crave case...They're stil good if microwaved if stored in the fridge...can't really say that about any other FF burger.

And if we're talking southern/southwestern FF chains.....Portillo's is really good as well. Wish KC had one of those. Love Whataburger's spicy ketchup and fries...but their burgers are no different than Sonic.
[Reply]
notorious 10:00 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Overrated burger and WORSE fries of any chain.

We had a similar situation when the World's largest White Castle opened in Scottsdale. It was chaos there the first 45-60 days.

They had people waiting for up to 6 hours for that crap. No fights.

They had to place limits on what people ordered as they ran out of food the first 10-12 days.
We had White Castle in Vegas in January.

It was one of those "It's okay, why do people get so pumped over this, though" meals.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 10:03 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
We've actually got a couple Freddys around here.

They had a Hatch chile burger last month that was fantastic. Their regular burgers are certainly on the better side of the fast food spectrum.

Yep! I like Freddy's as well! Shoot, there are enough good burger joints that there are plenty to choose from. I will say this, however. My Son dragged me and the old lady to a "Wahlburger" - you know those damned brothers place. Sucked....and sucked BIG TIME.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:04 AM 11-22-2020
We had White Castle in Vegas in January.

It was one of those "It's okay, why do people get so pumped over this, though" meals.
Great stoner/drunk late night greasy munchie food.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 10:07 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Great stoner/drunk late night greasy munchie food.

Shoot, I went to High School in the South. White Castle was the best place in the world for a Friday Drunk Night.....Jesus, what a drunk. We used to eat them by the pound back then, then pay a dime to hit the rest room to puke....

Damn teenagers are stupid....... :-)

Funny thing though...at 74 - I still love them.. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 10:10 AM 11-22-2020
It’s a decent place to hit when midway through a Vegas bender.
This, absolutely this. They were smart to put one in next to Carnival Court in Vegas.

Originally Posted by hometeam:
Love, love that line. So appropriate in so many situations.

I feel like this is the result of a completely fucked up 2020 and people just blowing up and blowing off steam. 14 hours? Who in their right mind thinks it's a good idea to wait that long for fast food? I wouldn't wait that long for a Ruth Chris steak!
[Reply]
cabletech94 10:36 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas:
Not a fan of freddys burgers personally. Too thin a patty (says this fat fuck) but wife and kid love it. But my real beef ( get it? ) is their fries. It’s like potato straws. I can’t explain it, I just don’t care for those. But to each their own.

Now I’m craving a big thick burger!!! Basterds!
[Reply]
notorious 10:41 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
Not a fan of freddys burgers personally. Too thin a patty (says this fat ****) but wife and kid love it. But my real beef ( get it? ) is their fries. It’s like potato straws. I can’t explain it, I just don’t care for those. But to each their own.

Now I’m craving a big thick burger!!! Basterds!
Freddys goes for the more surface area=more browned surface/flavor angle.

Have them add extra patties. Enjoy.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up