ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>In n Out burger opens in Colorado. Sparking fights and 14 hour waits
Deberg_1990 07:50 PM 11-21-2020
:-)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...our-lines.html

Colorado residents waited up to 14 hours to get their hands on In-N-Out burgers and fries after the California chain opened two locations in the state Friday.

The line - and resulting traffic - got so out of hand that the Aurora Police Department took to Twitter to beg people to support other local eateries and hit the In-N-Out Burger another day.

Those who stayed in line, however, were treated to at least one dustup, in which two would-be In-N-Out customers exited their cars and got into a fistfight during the wait.

At the In-N-Out location in Aurora, Colorado, the line of people waiting to get inside wrapped around the mall by 8.15am, hours before the restaurant opened.

Two and a half hours later, police reported that the line was already causing traffic delays in the area.

'It’s official, traffic is double double animal style right now all around the mall,' the Aurora Police Department tweeted at 10.40pm.

'We are on hand helping manage the massive traffic response. Be patient and be kind. Maybe support another local eatery today and In-n-Out another day if traffic is too hectic for you.'

A few minutes later, police tweeted: 'Speaking of local Aurora eateries who need business, let’s make some suggestions for everyone! Who is your go-to hometown Aurora eatery? Let’s help give some alternate ideas for lunch today for those who decide to bail on the long lines!'
[Reply]
notorious 08:01 AM 11-22-2020
It’s a decent place to hit when midway through a Vegas bender.
[Reply]
njchiefs 08:12 AM 11-22-2020
Happening in NJ with Chick-fil-A. I could see maybe waiting a bit for a sack o’ rats (White Castle). That’s about it.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:13 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
Tried it on Oakland once. Tested like fresh made Sonic to me. Meh.
Sonic burgers are vile. Never had an issue with them until the day I took one home instead of eating it there. Over the course of the following 15 minutes, the burger cooled and the grease started to congeal. It was so nasty I couldn't even finish it.

And once you've tasted that, you can't untaste it, and notice it even when you eat one at the drive-in. I'll still go there occasionally, as the wife really likes their cherry limeaid, but I stick to the corndogs now.
[Reply]
notorious 08:18 AM 11-22-2020
If they Springs opens a Hash House a Go-Go I’m in.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:19 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
I have noticed that as they came back to KC about 5 years ago. As franchises go Winchells was always better, wish they would come back.
Loved Winchells.

We have Dunkins here, in my suburb. Does a lot of business.

Local doughnut shops are better.
[Reply]
hometeam 08:20 AM 11-22-2020
Was in Aurora in August, they have some killer local burger joints, cant imagine in and out burger is better.

[Reply]
Frazod 08:27 AM 11-22-2020
A new Wahlburgers opened up in St. Charles, Illinois, not far from where I live. It was a madhouse to get into when it first opened over the summer; not only was it new, but Donnie Wahlberg actually lives in St. Charles, and if he's not shooting Blue Bloods or doing other things that take him out of the area, he apparently spends a good amount of time there.

We finally ate there about a month ago. The burgers are a little on the small side diameter wise, but thick and quite tasty.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:27 AM 11-22-2020
In and Out is nostalgia/california/car culture/classic drive in/etc. as mentioned before.That was a good comment.

I am surprised they have expanded as much as they have. I did not think that was part of their business plan. I hope they stop expansion. One of those 'get it only when I go there' places. Krispy Kreme used to be that too. They expanded too fast and at the wrong time.

There is a guy from MPLS that drives to Des Moines once or twice a week to get KK and bring it back. You have to pay a lot. KK sued him, then caved. I would suspect they are not as good after a 4 hour car ride in van.

In and out has the best T-shirts. I have about 10. Good quality. My style. White. Nothing much on the front so it does not look like a stretched out ad over my Mt. Dew belly and a large pic on the back.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:33 AM 11-22-2020
Have a delivery hub open up 2 miles away from me. Pretty smart concept. Group of restaurants set up in an unused industrial space specifically for delivery. Not full menus, but core items cooked onsite. Lines of Grubhub, Uber Eats, etc. drivers churning out of there.

Chick fil a is one of them. Not my favorite chicken sandwich by any means, but kind of nice to have a hot chicken sandwich delivered to my door in 15 minutes. They have a surprisingly good mac n cheese as well.
[Reply]
Molitoth 08:46 AM 11-22-2020
Most Over-rated thing on earth.

I went to one in San Diego, and it cost me $40 uber/lyft and an hour wait to get what was a Jack in the Box burger with even worse fries.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:59 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
Shut the fuck up, Donnie.

This is what happens when you [find] a man in the Aaaal, . . . Rockies?
[Reply]
loochy 09:07 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
There is a guy from MPLS that drives to Des Moines once or twice a week to get KK and bring it back. You have to pay a lot. KK sued him, then caved. I would suspect they are not as good after a 4 hour car ride in van.

Now what? KK sued him for buying their donuts?
[Reply]
TinyEvel 09:17 AM 11-22-2020
Shake Shack came to California and it changed everything for me. A bit expressive tho. In n out is still pretty cheap and consistent af.
[Reply]
Bwana 09:17 AM 11-22-2020
:-)
Waiting 14 hours to eat a burger?

[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:31 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Now what? KK sued him for buying their donuts?
gave him a cease and desist order for reselling their product for a profit

then caved

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...es/4161567002/
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up