ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>In n Out burger opens in Colorado. Sparking fights and 14 hour waits
Deberg_1990 07:50 PM 11-21-2020
:-)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...our-lines.html

Colorado residents waited up to 14 hours to get their hands on In-N-Out burgers and fries after the California chain opened two locations in the state Friday.

The line - and resulting traffic - got so out of hand that the Aurora Police Department took to Twitter to beg people to support other local eateries and hit the In-N-Out Burger another day.

Those who stayed in line, however, were treated to at least one dustup, in which two would-be In-N-Out customers exited their cars and got into a fistfight during the wait.

At the In-N-Out location in Aurora, Colorado, the line of people waiting to get inside wrapped around the mall by 8.15am, hours before the restaurant opened.

Two and a half hours later, police reported that the line was already causing traffic delays in the area.

'It’s official, traffic is double double animal style right now all around the mall,' the Aurora Police Department tweeted at 10.40pm.

'We are on hand helping manage the massive traffic response. Be patient and be kind. Maybe support another local eatery today and In-n-Out another day if traffic is too hectic for you.'

A few minutes later, police tweeted: 'Speaking of local Aurora eateries who need business, let’s make some suggestions for everyone! Who is your go-to hometown Aurora eatery? Let’s help give some alternate ideas for lunch today for those who decide to bail on the long lines!'
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:11 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
When Krispy Kreme opened here, the wait was an hour and a half. They are all closed now. Thanks recession and Atkins
Last week I went to the office and went out for lunch On my way back to the office, there's a Krispy Kreme shop, and on a lark I thought, "Hey, a doughnut sounds really good right now."

So I went in, all masked and ready to blitz in, grab a doughnut, and blitz back out.

Nope. There's some corpulent couple there picking out doughnuts, and it was as if they were buying a car or something. They were stalking in front of the doughnut case, looking, murmuring to each other, pointing, and I knew it was going to be a while. They pondered, discussed, debated, and mused.

Eventually the man stabbed a finger at a part of the case. "We'll take one of those chocolate iced doughnuts," he said.

The woman behind the counter grabbed a doughnut with the tongs, and I suddenly noticed that she was holding a box, and it wasn't very full.

"Okay, six more," she said.

Nope. At their pace it was going to take them 20 minutes to pick six doughnuts, so I bailed and am slightly slimmer today as a result.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:55 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, we got one up here maybe 10 years ago. It was closed within two years. It blew Dunkin Donuts out of the water. I don't understand how it couldn't survive but none of them have closed.
Dunkin sells a lot more coffee and other stuff. Donuts are like their 3rd item now.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:02 AM 11-22-2020
Damn. That's nuts. I used to go to In-N-Out about once every couple of weeks. This was a place with a Krispy Kreme on the opposite side of the parking lot and they were right off the freeway. But the lines just got longer and longer and longer so I stopped going. I think it has been seven years since the last time I went. It was pretty good way back then but you do have to put something on those fries to eat them.
[Reply]
srvy 01:07 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
People went crazy for Jack in the Box when it came to KC. F'n Jack in the Box.
I remember when Jack in the Box came to KC in the early 70s. I like their Tacos they tasted like that mini patio taco you heat in the oven in an aluminum tray. They were the first I know of to offer a drive-through. It was a speaker and microphone inside a fiberglass clown head. The thing was always beat and battered from late-night abuse. When I worked the night shift as a kid at worlds of fun id get tacos for my lunch on my way through Claycomo. The beef meat looked like pate'. It was delicious, wonder if it's still the same.
[Reply]
srvy 01:11 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dunkin sells a lot more coffee and other stuff. Donuts are like their 3rd item now.
I have noticed that as they came back to KC about 5 years ago. As franchises go Winchells was always better, wish they would come back.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:11 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
I don't get it. I was excited when they moved in here...then I ate a burger, which was really no different than any other fast food burger. The fries were actually bad (and it takes a lot for me to call a food bad).
The fries are terrible. The burgers are pretty good but not worth waiting more than 5 minutes for imo.

I go to Wendy's - which isn't a cool destination so there's no wait - and I actually like the burgers better than In-n-Out anyway.

I also like Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich better than Chik-Fil-A - the other place that always has a crazy line.
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 01:25 AM 11-22-2020
Fake news. There may have been a line for 14 hours, but nobody waited for 14 hours.
[Reply]
lcarus 01:25 AM 11-22-2020
I've never had In N Out but Five Guys is pretty damn good.
[Reply]
srvy 01:37 AM 11-22-2020
Its something about California and the west coast vibe that draws people to it. The burger itself is ok the ingredients seem pretty fresh those fries are awful. When we started the preliminary pipeline feasibility survey it began in California. The crew was excited and so was I to try In N Out. The younger guys liked I kept telling them you can get a better burger every day at Town Topic, Hayes or LC's in Platte wood back home. I think it's mainly California hype from the old days of the Drive-in burger joints and car culture.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:05 AM 11-22-2020
I like In-N-Out Burger.

Don't get me wrong, it's not the greatest burger ever, or even the greatest fast food burger, for that matter.

But it's better than McDonald's or Carl's Jr. by a long shot.

But yeah, getting into a 14 hour line for In-N-Out Burger? Not on my life. And who gets into a fist fight over fast food?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 02:48 AM 11-22-2020
IN N OUT bURGEr 14 hours waiting for a bURGEr? =- http://youtu.be/a1BS7XnEZqc
[Reply]
DanT 03:08 AM 11-22-2020
In-N-Out burgers are good, but they aren't worth a longer than usual wait. It already takes a few minutes to get your order, because they are made fresh, so I wouldn't want to wait more than a few minutes in line to place my order. As others have said, the fries are not great. One nice thing is that the employees there are paid and treated well, and that is evident in how they treat customers. It's a pleasant place to go. https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ow/1065434001/
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:00 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
I've eaten at that place in San Diego - waste of time. Give me 5 guys any day. :-)
When my son graduated from Marine Corps boot a few years back, he insisted that we go to the In and Out burger because you can see it from the base and it was like torture for 13 weeks for him to see it and not be able to eat it. So...we went there as soon as we could after the graduation. It was packed, but I assume that was because of the Marines graduating. It was NOT good. I mean, it was...passable I guess. But shit, you get the same quality at McDonalds, and at McDonalds the fries are actually good.

I think this place just somehow got on a hype train that people just cling to for some unknown reason. It's mediocre at best.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 07:03 AM 11-22-2020
Tried it on Oakland once. Tested like fresh made Sonic to me. Meh.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:55 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
14 hours?

:-)

lazy asses make your own damn burger.
This.

It reminds me of the fools who waited ridiculous amounts of time at Hawaiian Bros when it first opened here in Lee's Summit. Once they hype wore down we gave it a shot and were super happy we never waited in any line for their food. Yeah it's food, but it's nothing special.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up