ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Toronto Raptors to play in KC for 2021 season?
Deberg_1990 08:31 PM 10-27-2020

KC mayor Quinton Lucas, US Senators Roy Blunt, Pat Roberts and Jerry Moran, and US Rep Emanuel Cleaver co-signed a letter to the NBA commissioner's office and Raptors ownership making the case for Kansas City to be the temporary home, if needed.

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) October 27, 2020

Never thought I’d type this but Kansas City is legit pursuing an NBA team. Here’s the latest, including three irrefutable takeaways: https://t.co/ZrkvFqUE6F

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) October 27, 2020

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:03 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I love college basketball. I'm with you there. I just don't understand how people who love college basketball hate NBA so much. It just baffles me. Everyone who loves college football also loves the NFL for the most part.
They don't enjoy college basketball; they enjoy the environment with college kids, etc. College basketball isn't in the same stratosphere as the NBA in terms of talent, skill, or coaching.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:04 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Says the dumbshit who is claiming that attending an NBA game is one of the best in-person sporting event experiences.

Enough said.
Thanks for proving it, once again.

But I'm sure you'd take sitting at the K watching 100 loss teams over Kobe & Shaq, too.

:-)

Moron.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:06 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
They don't enjoy college basketball; they enjoy the environment with college kids, etc. College basketball isn't in the same stratosphere as the NBA in terms of talent, skill, or coaching.
College basketball, for me anyway, is just absolutely brutal to watch. It's soooooooooooo slow, there's not much defense or scoring and most teams, outside of the elite Blue Bloods, are just flat-out boring.

I mean, sure, it's fun to head to Vegas for the first week of the NCAA tournament but that's mainly due to the atmosphere, upsets and gambling.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:08 PM 10-28-2020
Says the dumbshit who is claiming that attending an NBA game is one of the best in-person sporting event experiences.

Enough said.
Depends on the venue. I went to a regular season Denver Nuggets game five years ago and it was one of the saddest sporting events I've ever been to. No energy, nothing. I'm sure it's changed now that they are good.

Then I went to a regular season OKC game. Tons of energy, not Allenfieldhouse but it wasn't bad.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:11 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
But aside from that, I was amazed at the physiques of those guys. Robinson and Rodman were not the same species as me. They were real-life cartoon characters.
It's insane, right?

I met Shaq before I saw him play at Staples and I swear, at 6'1, I'm pretty sure I was talking to his belt buckle.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 12:12 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Thanks for proving it, once again.

But I'm sure you'd take sitting at the K watching 100 loss teams over Kobe & Shaq, too.

:-)

Moron.
JFC you are a dumbshit.

Watching Kobe/Shaq was a uniquely memorable experience, agreed. Same was true with watching MJ/1990’s Bulls in-person at the United Center and the old Chicago Stadium.

That is not the same as making a general statement that NBA games offer an exciting in-game experience.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:13 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
They don't enjoy college basketball; they enjoy the environment with college kids, etc.
Well, shit. That clears it up.

Guess I can move on now.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 12:14 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Depends on the venue. I went to a regular season Denver Nuggets game five years ago and it was one of the saddest sporting events I've ever been to. No energy, nothing. I'm sure it's changed now that they are good.

Then I went to a regular season OKC game. Tons of energy, not Allenfieldhouse but it wasn't bad.
There is a long list of sporting events that offer more exciting in-person experiences than a typical NBA game.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:15 PM 10-28-2020
That is not the same as making a general statement that NBA games offer an exciting in-game experience.
I would have rather watched a bad Clippers team when they were hosting a great team at Staples as opposed to sitting at The K watching a terrible baseball team, both of which I can claim as doing in 2004.

The athleticism and talent of the worst NBA team is far, far higher than the athleticism and talent of the worst MLB team.

And it's not even close.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 12:18 PM 10-28-2020
I would have rather watched a bad Clippers team when they were hosting a great team at Staples as opposed to sitting at The K watching a terrible baseball team, both of which I can claim as doing in 2004.

The athleticism and talent of the worst NBA team is far, far higher than the athleticism and talent of the worst MLB team.

And it's not even close.
Well there it is, the NBA is a more exciting in-person experience because it is better than watching a bad Royals team. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:19 PM 10-28-2020
There is a long list of sporting events that offer more exciting in-person experiences than a typical NBA game.
No, there's not, especially for the price.

I've paid $2k per ticket for championship boxing fights in Vegas that didn't stack up to a typical NBA game.

Try sitting in the stands at an Angels or Royals or Padres (not including 2020), then compare it to a typical NBA game. Or sit at Arrowhead stadium in the 70's and 80's, as I did, then tell us that a typical NBA game in 2020 isn't more exciting.

The NBA blows away sitting in the stands watching bad baseball teams.
[Reply]
tatorhog 12:48 PM 10-28-2020
Man, if this happens, you guys will ****ing FREAK THE **** OUT when you see LIVE NBA games.

There's just nothing like it in all of sports.

TV does not translate the NBA at all.
I can't argue with the last part at all. I've only been to one NBA game in my life, and it was an expo game at that. Back when I was in HS and thought I had some game (I mean, I did have some very very light interest from some CC's lol) so when the Lakers and Cavs played at Kemper, Dad took me. We had pretty good seats, 7 or 8 rows off the court.

I can still remember being blown away at how big Vlade Divac was. And he was doing these crazy ass passes under the rim. Cedric Ceballos had a pretty good dunk on our end, but being 17 I still had this halfassed thought that if I worked hard enough I could at least aim for that. The reason? The Cavs had Bob Sura, who was this small-ish white guard with a giant knee brace on. He was clanging threes off the back iron in warm ups and didn't look like anything.

It gave me hope.

Then they put him in, and while on D, he steals the ball and flies down the court like he had a rocket up his ass and threw down the biggest dunk of the night. It was at that exact moment, I knew I had better learn to study harder because athletics were not in my future. lol

The highlight of the night was when the crowd kept chant "Rambis, Rambis" in the 4th trying to get the coach to put him in.

The game was fun, and if KC had a team I would definitely try to go to a few games.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:54 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I really wish they would put the hammer down on offensive fouls... players leaning into defenders and otherwise drawing contact and fouls. That would hopefully put a stop to a lot of the silliness and clowning around in both leagues, even though it does open a new can of worms for everyone to complain.
Definitely agree. You see this all the time now when players are driving to the basket they throw their body into the defender to get a call and the dumb refs oblige them. Talking about you Harden.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:57 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Definitely agree. You see this all the time now when players are driving to the basket they throw their body into the defender to get a call and the dumb refs oblige them. Talking about you Harden.
Harden was one of my favorite players when he was in OKC. I can't watch him now.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:00 PM 10-28-2020
I would rather watch KU play Iowa St than Lebrons Lakers play the Warriors TBH.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up