ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 90
« First < 51112131415 161718192565 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 College Football
Pointer19 06:38 PM 09-08-2020
With many teams/conferences withdrawing from competition this year, it's going to be an interesting race to the top. My bold prediction? Army is the only team to play enough games to be eligible for a bowl and wins the National Championship by default.

Army shut out Middle Tennessee, Navy got destroyed by BYU, and Air Force is too scared to play anybody other than the other academies. Who'd you watch this weekend?

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:22 PM 11-06-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Turdicanes getting punked by NCState??

LOLOLOLOL even at 11 they're frauds.
You were saying? :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:45 PM 11-06-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Nebraska ****ed itself by leaving for the "big" "ten".
No it didnt
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:30 AM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Nebraska ****ed itself by leaving for the "big" "ten".
Not really. From a purely competitive standpoint maybe but being a 2nd-tier team in the Big 10 is A LOT more money than being an also-ran in the Big 12.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:31 AM 11-07-2020
Its a bad fit Billay.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:43 AM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Not really. From a purely competitive standpoint maybe but being a 2nd-tier team in the Big 10 is A LOT more money than being an also-ran in the Big 12.
Exactly. It doesnt matter what conference we were in when you had an AD who came from fucking Miami of all places dead set on firing a crackpot like Pelini and replacing him with Mike fucking Riley. Riley wouldnt have won with this program in the MAC.

Judge the Frost hire after next year when hes had time to build a complete team which finally looks talented but are very young because he had to rebuild from the ground up. It took alot of money to bring him here just like it did Fred Hoiberg who's probably a top 30 coach in college basketball who BTW has some solid transfers playing this year, a top 100 kid coming in next year and the favorites to land a 5* for the first time in school history.

None of that happens without money and the football program (because of Riley) would not have competed with K-State, ISU, Texas, Baylor, OSU or OU.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:56 AM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Exactly. It doesnt matter what conference we were in when you had an AD who came from ****ing Miami of all places dead set on firing a crackpot like Pelini and replacing him with Mike ****ing Riley. Riley wouldnt have won with this program in the MAC.
Shawn Eichorst is a piece of shit.

He was AD at Miami for barely a year before resigning to take the Nebraska job two days before Miami was about to play a big game vs. Notre Dame in Chicago.

And during his brief time at Miami he was practically in the witness protection program, never doing interviews and never participating in alumni/donor activities, etc.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:19 PM 11-07-2020
Embarrassing.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 02:44 PM 11-07-2020
Embarrassing.
This sucks. I know the Husker haters are loving this, but this just fucking sucks.

Thanks God for my Chiefs.

I think the Huskers have something in McCaffrey. Time to give up on the Martinez bit. It's a Covid season anyway, might as well get the kid starting time now. Martinez has value as a runner, but he sucks ASS as a passer.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:47 PM 11-07-2020
None of that happens without money and the football program (because of Riley) would not have competed with K-State, ISU, Texas, Baylor, OSU or OU.
I just can't see Nebraska as a consistent national power, ever again.

They were so successful from the 60-90's because they were able to take homegrown 2 Star Players and turn them into productive college players, mainly because of their running attack.

But in 2020, that just doesn't work in a conference like the Big Ten because teams need to be able to pass the ball at a high level, which means competing against the Big Ten, Pac-12, ACC and SEC for quarterback talent. And when guys have zero state ties, it's a huge issue and a hump they just haven't been able get over.

And this is coming from a HUGE Tom Osbourne, Mike Rozier and Tommy Frazier fan, along with all of the other great players on those great teams.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 02:54 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

They were so successful from the 60-90's because they were able to take homegrown 2 Star Players and turn them into productive college players, mainly because of their running attack.

But in 2020, that just doesn't work in a conference like the Big Ten because teams need to be able to pass the ball at a high level, which means competing against the Big Ten, Pac-12, ACC and SEC for quarterback talent. And when guys have zero state ties, it's a huge issue and a hump they just haven't been able get over.

And this is coming from a HUGE Tom Osbourne, Mike Rozier and Tommy Frazier fan, along with all of the other great players on those great teams.
Can't really argue with this...
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:55 PM 11-07-2020

Shit I would just be happy if we can make a bowl game were going on 4 years? Frost looked in over his head today. Strong Todd Haley vibes.
[Reply]
kstater 03:12 PM 11-07-2020

That's a lot of words to misspell steroids

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Coach 03:21 PM 11-07-2020

Well thought out and I agree. I would also like to point out that (not making it a political statement, just stating additional information to the conversation) in 1973, it brought about the first limitations on football scholarships in order to free up money for women's sports after Title IX was passed by Congress in 1972 as part of the Equal Opportunity in Education Act.

Because of this, it caused the NCAA schools' presidents and athletic directors to push through a limit of 105 football scholarships. Additional reductions were made in 1978 (95) and again in 1992 which brought the limit to its present number of 85 and 63 for Division I-AA.

So this reduced the pool of athletes for some programs that relied a deep pool of players.
[Reply]
Coach 03:42 PM 11-07-2020
Jeez.... Penn State is losing by 21 to a team coached by

wait for it......

Mike Locksley.....
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:46 PM 11-07-2020
Kansas isn't losing by 4 touchdowns yet!
[Reply]
Page 15 of 90
« First < 51112131415 161718192565 > Last »
Up