Page 11 of 46
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Lucas Niang Thread*****
Dante84 09:31 PM 04-24-2020
More to come in 2021

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BossChief 11:02 PM 11-21-2020
If not for the injury, Niang might have been a first rounder. Allowed no sacks in 3 years.

He’s going to be the long term starter at RT and be one of the better ones if his hip is fully healed by next year, which it should. He had surgery a year ago.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:02 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
He opted out as a rookie, forgive me for not giving two shits what happens to this slacker

You’re speculating on his reason for opting out because you didn’t get an explanation. Apparently you filled in the gaps with, “He must be a slacker.”

I could have sworn people around here after the Tyreek/Espinal incidents would have learned their lesson about assuming the worst of people without having all the information. I guess I was wrong.
[Reply]
srvy 11:05 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Tougher than what? It delays his contact so for us we lost nothing. Especially since he was unlikely to be a big contributor in year one. He'll basically be a rookie who will be completely healthy unlike he would have been this year. Are you worried about his career earnings or something?

That is wishful thinking which is why Veach drafted him later. 1st round talent taken in the 3rd. It's no guarantee he will be as he was. It's hoping to get something for next to nothing and I hope it works I am a chiefs fan. Also we don't know if this was something the Chief's front office was happy about the opt-out.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 11:06 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Tougher than what? It delays his contact so for us we lost nothing. Especially since he was unlikely to be a big contributor in year one. He'll basically be a rookie who will be completely healthy unlike he would have been this year. Are you worried about his career earnings or something?
In order to develop as a football player it helps to actually play football. I could give a shit about his contract. Taking a year off football means that he’s not being coached, he’s not in the meeting rooms or the training rooms or learning the playbook. If he’s injured, what better place to rehab than in an nfl training facility. I hope I’m eating crow this time next year but this certainly doesn’t help his career in any way.
[Reply]
srvy 11:09 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
In order to develop as a football player it helps to actually play football. I could give a shit about his contract. Taking a year off football means that he’s not being coached, he’s not in the meeting rooms or the training rooms or learning the playbook. If he’s injured, what better place to rehab than in an nfl training facility. I hope I’m eating crow this time next year but this certainly doesn’t help his career in any way.
You just nailed my thoughts on this. I just wasn't able to post it as clearly as you.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 07:41 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Well I do give a shit about his contract since it determines if he's playing for the Chiefs or not and for how much. Of course his development has been delayed but it would have been anyway (to a lesser extent, perhaps) due to his injury. Ij ust don't know why we'd want to waste a year of a cheap contract on rehab when the opt out option is available.
[Reply]
crispystl 09:02 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by In58men:
Hopefully he kept up with his training. I haven’t seen any updates on him.

I’ve heard him and Yoda have been in the swamp attempting to raise the X-wing since August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:38 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Do you understand that he tore a patella tendon in his fucking hip?

The guy wasn't going to be available this season until probably December at the earliest and since he had ZERO Mini Camp, Rookie Camp, Training Camp and practice, there's almost no chance he sees the 53 and if he does, he's gonna get his ass whipped.

Opting Out gave him the opportunity to heal without pressure, to learn the playbook and techniques without expecting to play when he's nowhere near 100% and it gives the Chiefs Four Full Years Of Control beginning in 2021.

And good fucking god, people don't forget how to play their position in a year.
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The dude is coming off a torn hip tendon, which is why he fell to the bottom of the 3rd round.

If Niang becomes a starter, this will be yet another Veach Steal.
Truth be told I'd forgotten about the injury, so that does change my tune

If Veach and co are good with it, who am I to complain
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:50 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Truth be told I'd forgotten about the injury, so that does change my tune

If Veach and co are good with it, who am I to complain
It's even quite possible that Veach and co. suggested it, given the injury.
[Reply]
gonefishin53 11:27 AM 11-22-2020
Lucas will be a 22 year old rookie at the start of the next training camp with 4 years to play on a very reasonable Chief's contract. A lot of drama queens in here.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:27 PM 02-19-2021
KEEP FUCKING DOUBTING LUCAS NIANG
[Reply]
BossChief 12:29 PM 02-19-2021
Damn. I thought there was new info when this thread was bumped.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:33 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Damn. I thought there was new info when this thread was bumped.
Sorry ive just been going over his tape, twitter and old reports. Still high on this pick, even thought the boomers want to shit on him for political reasons, the haters want to shit on him even though he cleared the chiefs medical criteria and half the board thinks he is a guard.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:48 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Sorry ive just been going over his tape, twitter and old reports. Still high on this pick, even thought the boomers want to shit on him for political reasons, the haters want to shit on him even though he cleared the chiefs medical criteria and half the board thinks he is a guard.
To be fair, Veach said he would be guard before last season. That's probably all changed now of course but that sentiment started with the Chiefs, not here.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 12:51 PM 02-19-2021
Let's hope he worked out in his year off. I'd hate for him to come in fat and out of shape like Speaks did.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 46
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up