ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3180 of 3903
« First < 2180268030803130317031763177317831793180 31813182318331843190323032803680 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 09:38 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
So you know that about 75% of people in the middle of the country will decline vaccination, right?
Dude, I know nurses that are super pro-mask and what not that have said they will refuse the vaccine.

These are people that works with Covid and other patients every day. As it is, our health system requires flu vaccine but will not require the Covid vaccine. At least not for the foreseeable future.
[Reply]
Donger 09:41 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Sure you are...
Interesting.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:41 AM 11-22-2020
I see you suffer the same problem as he did. The article was about mask mandates. Not masks. :-)

And assuming everyone wore masks in the counties that mandates them then you would be wrong about your scientific fact. Otherwise you twats might actually read what is said and not what you want it to say.
You have spent the last 9 months selling the idea that the virus is not the bad as the media and "twats" says it is. Doesn't matter what part of this situation, what tool, what some city, state or the government is doing or not doing.

You minimize the impact. And you've been wrong the whole time.Thats your agenda. Thats fine and dandy from an "opinion" viewpoint. But, putting junk science out there as fact, doesn't make it a scientific fact.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:44 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
You have spent the last 9 months selling the idea that the virus is not the bad as the media and "twats" says it is. Doesn't matter what part of this situation, what tool, what some city, state or the government is doing or not doing.

You minimize the impact. And you've been wrong the whole time.Thats your agenda. Thats fine and dandy from an "opinion" viewpoint. But, putting junk science out there as fact, doesn't make it a scientific fact.
Yep, hurry and deflect it and blame me for your not reading. :-)

It's only junk science because you don't like it. :-)
[Reply]
Donger 09:55 AM 11-22-2020
But...but....but.....
But what? I'd be willing he said that before March. And he was right, then.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:06 AM 11-22-2020
I motion that any time the word "mask" comes up in the thread that person is banned.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:14 AM 11-22-2020
And Donger quickly moves the goal posts.....:-)
You and people like you have been minimizing covid and masks since March then you wonder why mask mandates are not working.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:16 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
You and people like you have been minimizing covid and masks since March then you wonder why mask mandates are not working.
Yeah, you don't like the facts the article states so you attack me. I get it.....:-)
[Reply]
petegz28 10:17 AM 11-22-2020
Maybe before any of you little girls throw more temper tantrums over the article I posted, you can tell me what exactly the article had wrong?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:09 AM 11-22-2020
The New York Times pulled a mighty fast one with this piece: “States That Imposed Few Restrictions Now Have the Worst Outbreaks.” This would be huge news if true because it would imply not only that lockdowns save lives (which no serious study has thus far been able to document) but also that granting people basic freedoms are the reason for bad health outcomes, an astonishing claim on its own.

The piece, put together by two graphic artists and seemingly very science-like, speaks of “outbreaks,” which vaguely sounds terrible: packed with mortality. It’s odd because anyone can look at the data and see that New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and Connecticut lead the way with deaths per million, mostly owing to the fatalities in long-term care facilities. These were the states that locked down the hardest and longest. Indeed they are locking down again! Deaths per million in states like South Dakota are still low on the list.

How in the world can the NYT claim that states that did not lock down have the worst outbreaks? The claim hinges entirely on a trivial discovery. Some clever someone discovered that if you reflow data by cases per million instead of deaths per million, you get an opposite result. The reasons: 1) when the Northeast experienced the height of the pandemic, there was very little testing going on, so the “outbreak” was not documented even as deaths grew and grew, 2) by the time the virus reached the Midwest, tests were widely available, 3) the testing mania grew and grew to the point that the non-vulnerable are being tested like crazy, generating high positives in small-population areas.

By focusing on the word “outbreak,” the Times can cleverly obscure the difference between a positive PCR result (including many false positive and perhaps half or more asymptomatic cases) and a severe outcome from catching the virus. In other words, the Times has documented an “outbreak” of mostly non-sick people in low-population areas.

There are hundreds of ways to look at Covid-19 data. The Times picked the one metric – the least valuable one for actually discerning whether and to what extent people are sick – in order to generate the result that they wanted

How is it possible for people to make rational decisions with this kind of journalism going on? Truly, sometimes it seems like the world has been driven insane by an astonishing blizzard of false information. Just last week, an entire state in Australia shut down completely – putting all its citizens under house arrest – due to a false report of a case in a pizza restaurant. One person lied and the whole world fell apart.

Meanwhile, serious science is appearing daily showing that there is no relationship at all, and never has been, between lockdowns and lives saved. This study looks at all factors related to Covid death and finds plenty of relationship between age and health but absolutely none with lockdown stringency. “Stringency of the measures settled to fight pandemia, including lockdown, did not appear to be linked with death rate,” says the study, echoing a conclusion of dozens of other studies since as early as March.

https://www.aier.org/article/the-bli...lism-on-covid/
[Reply]
O.city 11:28 AM 11-22-2020
Maybe before any of you little girls throw more temper tantrums over the article I posted, you can tell me what exactly the article had wrong?
Whenever these types of articles are debunked or fact checked it’ll be one to something else anyway

There’s no point in arguing over it. No one changing their minds.

Dentists have had an extremely low percent of infections in office settings, have been a few studies in JADA about it. We’re wearing masks and shields while producing aerosols and still have kept issues very low.

We know masks help. Again, they aren’t 100% effective in curbing this and people likely feel safe when they have a mask on and relax other things.

But when those other things are stressed, people find reasons not to do them or “debunk” them as well.

At this point, everyone take care of yourself and those close to you, hope there is a bed available or staff to help you if you get it and it gets bad and hope vaccines come quickly

Other than that, the political will has been spent, people don’t care
[Reply]
O.city 11:31 AM 11-22-2020
There are so many bad faith arguments all the way around on this thing at this point. It’s hard to decipher.

Lockdowns aren’t meant to be permanent and aren’t meant to “save lives”. They’re meant to slow infection rates and push out the overload longer. It allowed us to find therapeutics and to develop vaccines. They also came at high economical cost and detrimental effects to people’s lives.

It’s all been a pure lose lose situation for everyone
[Reply]
petegz28 11:38 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Whenever these types of articles are debunked or fact checked it’ll be one to something else anyway

There’s no point in arguing over it. No one changing their minds.

Dentists have had an extremely low percent of infections in office settings, have been a few studies in JADA about it. We’re wearing masks and shields while producing aerosols and still have kept issues very low.

We know masks help. Again, they aren’t 100% effective in curbing this and people likely feel safe when they have a mask on and relax other things.

But when those other things are stressed, people find reasons not to do them or “debunk” them as well.

At this point, everyone take care of yourself and those close to you, hope there is a bed available or staff to help you if you get it and it gets bad and hope vaccines come quickly

Other than that, the political will has been spent, people don’t care
I know my issue is not with the mask mandates but intentionally using misleading data to justify them. This is now the 4th time Kansas has been caught doing it.

If you want people to do something I don't think intentionally manipulating data is going to build any trust.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:41 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
There are so many bad faith arguments all the way around on this thing at this point. It’s hard to decipher.

Lockdowns aren’t meant to be permanent and aren’t meant to “save lives”.
lolwut
[Reply]
Monticore 12:26 PM 11-22-2020
I know my issue is not with the mask mandates but intentionally using misleading data to justify them. This is now the 4th time Kansas has been caught doing it.

If you want people to do something I don't think intentionally manipulating data is going to build any trust.
So you doing the same thing in the opposite direction is supposed to help?
[Reply]
Page 3180 of 3903
« First < 2180268030803130317031763177317831793180 31813182318331843190323032803680 > Last »
Up