ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3168 of 3903
« First < 2168266830683118315831643165316631673168 31693170317131723178321832683668 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 02:10 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Wish you hadn't brought this in here

Ope
[Reply]
Pants 02:12 PM 11-20-2020
Wish you hadn't brought this in here

Is the hospital refuting her statements as lies?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:16 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Is the hospital refuting her statements as lies?
So far as I can tell, what I posted was in English. . . :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:16 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You seem to be forming a habit of projecting your insecurities on me.
You would be wrong, there is no projection or insecurity on my part... I'm quite comfortable with where my intelligence stands among my age group
[Reply]
Pants 02:29 PM 11-20-2020
So far as I can tell, what I posted was in English. . . :-)
To me, it reads like they don't condone what she is saying. They made no judgement on whether or not her statements were true.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:31 PM 11-20-2020
What that study doesn't show is how many people who were wearing masks were exposed to the virus and did NOT get infected. Nobody is claiming that masks work 100% of the time.

In how many fatal car accidents were the victims wearing a seatbelt? It's not a good metric because it doesn't take into account the other accidents where the seatbelt prevented a death.
That all sounds great! Except the fact is more people are wearing masks than ever before and yet we have more cases of Covid than ever before.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
petegz28 02:32 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by prhom:
It's a privilege because the exercise of that privilege requires a certain competency to be done in a manner that doesn't cause undue harm to others. My point is that one person's freedom and rights stop when the exercise of that freedom restricts the freedom of another. For example, it doesn't bother me if someone not wearing a mask gets COVID and they are fine with it. Great for them. It does bother me when someone refuses to wear a mask when it might help reduce the spread of something that might kill someone with the right risk factors.

When the impact of a choice goes beyond impacts to your own person, it's not a matter of personal freedom anymore.
Great. Doesn't change the fact driving is a privilege and not a right but good job...or something.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DaFace 02:36 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You would be wrong, there is no projection or insecurity on my part... I'm quite comfortable with where my intelligence stands among my age group
Well, I suppose I would request that, in the future, you take at least a few seconds to consider whether you have understood the data being presented before acting like an ass when you don't.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:37 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Well, I suppose I would request that, in the future, you take at least a few seconds to consider whether you have understood the data being presented before acting like an ass when you don't.
But I didn't act like an ass
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:44 PM 11-20-2020
To me, it reads like they don't condone what she is saying. They made no judgement on whether or not her statements were true.
Leaving aside why you asked me what they said now that we've established you can read it, since you brought me into it I'd also point out that they disclaimed her as an employee and that there might be why they took the stance of not condoning her statements without expounding detail or rationale.
[Reply]
Donger 02:46 PM 11-20-2020
Leaving aside why you asked me what they said now that we've established you can read it, since you brought me into it I'd also point out that they disclaimed her as an employee and that there might be why they took the stance of not condoning her statements without expounding detail or rationale.
She didn't claim to be a direct employee.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:48 PM 11-20-2020
Disinformation is good when it supports my narrative!
[Reply]
R Clark 02:52 PM 11-20-2020
Good god how much sense does it take to know if you cover your mouth it’s going to cut down on what’s coming out ? Then simply reverse and it has to stop some of what’s coming in. Very few things are 100 percent in this world , wearing a mask just helps the odds just as washing your hands. Hell your mother taught you to cover your mouth when you cough when you were a kid so you wouldn’t spray shit all over people
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:56 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Disinformation is good when it supports my narrative!
I'm increasingly curious their investment in the veracity of every detail of that narrative.

I mean, she could have gotten just as strong a message across with a more transparent, dispassionate and complete accounting, but the specific way she framed it seems to resonate with a certain sector.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:59 PM 11-20-2020
I'm increasingly curious their investment in the veracity of every detail of that narrative.

I mean, she could have gotten just as strong a message across with a more transparent, dispassionate and complete accounting, but the specific way she framed it seems to resonate with a certain sector.
Oh I'm sure it resonates with a certain demographic. For sure.
[Reply]
Page 3168 of 3903
« First < 2168266830683118315831643165316631673168 31693170317131723178321832683668 > Last »
Up